Liverpool 2-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Bin dippers Turn to get a match postponed  and protest against their owners .. saints should seek compensation for travelling up and match day expense etc if this is the case .. but again we won’t want to rock the boat as we are a small fish in a big pond so we’ll bend over a take it up the arse no doubt !!

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, JRM said:

Liverpool to win 1-0, Klopp to cry at the final whistle. 

Have we ever done the league double against Liverpool ? 

03/04 was the last time I remember. We'll do it this year, match abandoned and Saints awarded a 3-0 win.

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

A comfortable Liverpool win assisted by the ref giving every 50/50 to liverpool, a poor ref/var call given and not even being looked at closely or discussed by the commentators. 

And I thought they were supposed to be the 'victims'.

21 minutes ago, eelpie said:

0-1 to Saints.

JWP penalty on 10 minutes. Match abandoned when Liverpool fans invade the pitch with red flares blaming VAR.

Will they have the pork chop sideburns and platform boots too?

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 1

Well there’s only one way this is going to end and it’s not favourable for us. If we had enough about us to beat Pool, there’s still the Ref, two linesmen, a fourth official and VAR to contend with so it’s extremely unlikely we’ll win because the Prem/Sky etc will not allow it. Or something like that.🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An away win and double over the dippers would go some way to rectifying some of the atrocious displays we've had to put up with this season.  Realistically though it will be a routine 3 points for Liverpool. 

Unfortunately, as a result of the Utd game postponement - this becomes the game they cannot afford to lose if they want to stay in the hunt for Champions League football next season (wheras if they'd lost or drawn on Saturday they'd already be stuffed and heading to a nothing season). So they will come out all guns blazing I reckon. If we can survive until half-time at 0-0 or better there's a chance we might just rattle them and sneak a result. Don't think it's going to happen, but can always wish...

13 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Well there’s only one way this is going to end and it’s not favourable for us. If we had enough about us to beat Pool, there’s still the Ref, two linesmen, a fourth official and VAR to contend with so it’s extremely unlikely we’ll win because the Prem/Sky etc will not allow it. Or something like that.🤣🤣🤣

This and Turkish's post are very true. Judging by what I've read on here over the months there really does appear to be systemic and institutional bias favouring the so-called "glamour clubs". LIke Skint says, 94 minutes of guts required from Saints for one of the upsets of the season.

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

This and Turkish's post are very true. Judging by what I've read on here over the months there really does appear to be systemic and institutional bias favouring the so-called "glamour clubs". LIke Skint says, 94 minutes of guts required from Saints for one of the upsets of the season.

There's no "systematic and institutional bias" against us. People need to get a grip. Sure, loads of shit decisions have gone against us, but anyone who thinks that there's an agenda to give decisions to the big boys and shit on poor little Saints is nuts. 

Back to the game, they need the win desperately, and will get it. Not because we're victims, but because they're better than us. 

• Like 2

You could be right egg but it probably needs somebody to do some research on the numbers to know either way eg how many players booked or red-carded in these games (top 6 versis rest), frees, penalties, goals disallowed etc.  For example, until neutral umpires came in very few LBWs were given against Pakistanis playing home test matches. I read aomewhere that Javed Miandad led a very charmed life.  It could happen. Also, they are unquestionably the better side.

51 minutes ago, egg said:

There's no "systematic and institutional bias" against us. People need to get a grip. Sure, loads of shit decisions have gone against us, but anyone who thinks that there's an agenda to give decisions to the big boys and shit on poor little Saints is nuts. 

Back to the game, they need the win desperately, and will get it. Not because we're victims, but because they're better than us. 

It's not an agenda, but there is fear driven bias.

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

So Ralph in all his wisdom is going to rotate the keepers until the end of the season. 
Utter  shambles. 
get this idiot out of our club. 

Why is that a shambles? We are safe and decisions for the future need to be made.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, saint lard said:

So Ralph in all his wisdom is going to rotate the keepers until the end of the season. 
Utter  shambles. 

Should we assume that you think that one is far superior to the other then ?

IMO they are of a similar (pretty mediocre) standard and there is very little to choose between them and the manager presumably thinks the same...

Why this makes him an idiot who should be removed from the club is beyond rational thought..

38 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Utter  shambles. 

I wonder, hypothetically of course, if the same veto extends to parts of our fan base?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Utter  shambles. 

Some top managers also rotate their goalkeepers. Not only that but they regularly have different players for different games!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

We literally beat them in January....

9 hours ago, Jeremy said:

You could be right egg but it probably needs somebody to do some research on the numbers to know either way eg how many players booked or red-carded in these games (top 6 versis rest), frees, penalties, goals disallowed etc.  For example, until neutral umpires came in very few LBWs were given against Pakistanis playing home test matches. I read aomewhere that Javed Miandad led a very charmed life.  It could happen. Also, they are unquestionably the better side.

I have always there’s an unconscious bias towards teams doing well. I can remember feeling on the beneficial end of it when we were doing well under koeman.

5 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

For me, that's one position that doesn't need constant rotation for the sake of it.

I'd like to see him give opportunities to outfield squad players, though. Have we decided now the bottom 3 are cut adrift, and it's safe to rotate to give experience?

We're safe, but it's £2m a league place and we're skint so I doubt Ralph will throw the kids in. 

9 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Apparently so, just awaiting confirmation via the press or club. I bloody hope not.

Wow, appalling decision if so. On the plus side, hopefully we'll get to see Salisu lcb. 

56 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Apparently so, just awaiting confirmation via the press or club. I bloody hope not.

Shambles if true, as stated he got the ball and McCarthy would have got there first anyway.

Does Vest get an extra match ban if it gets rejected? Did I make that up or was that a thing?

25 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Shambles if true, as stated he got the ball and McCarthy would have got there first anyway.

Does Vest get an extra match ban if it gets rejected? Did I make that up or was that a thing?

Absolutely no idea 

Seat of the pants, squeaky win just - Pool will miss a host of chances but we will cling on - I hope!

Think it might be a big game for Salisu and Jankewitz (if Ralph is not too stubborn to pick him that is) 👍

Not sure why so many are fearing Liverpool away, this is the team that has won just 1 home Premier League game in 2021 (2-1 v Villa), the previous being 16 December. Their home record in 2021 is on a par with our (home & away) record. There is nothing to suggest that they are going to demolish us. Of course they might 😉

On 04/05/2021 at 04:05, egg said:

Are you scrambled egg? Do you watch the game with both eyes? Are you a ref? Because the decision they make are criminal and any other professional job they would be fired ! And their boss does nothing but protect the criminals. I think you have Stockholm syndrome! You sympathize with ref because you accept the shit they have handed out over the years and except it as normal. 

16 hours ago, egg said:

Wow, appalling decision if so. On the plus side, hopefully we'll get to see Salisu lcb. 

No corruption?? Still think no bias?? Still good ref call? Still no blatant mistakes by all involved, ref, var , fa ???? No ref calls this season that made you blink!! No calls that refs almost made up or var found the slightest advantage for the bigger clubs to win? We must watch a different game! 

29 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Are you scrambled egg? Do you watch the game with both eyes? Are you a ref? Because the decision they make are criminal and any other professional job they would be fired ! And their boss does nothing but protect the criminals. I think you have Stockholm syndrome! You sympathize with ref because you accept the shit they have handed out over the years and except it as normal. 

20 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

No corruption?? Still think no bias?? Still good ref call? Still no blatant mistakes by all involved, ref, var , fa ???? No ref calls this season that made you blink!! No calls that refs almost made up or var found the slightest advantage for the bigger clubs to win? We must watch a different game! 

No offence, but you're weird. 

On 02/05/2021 at 23:41, SuperSAINT said:

Surprised there's not a thread already.

No question of Liverpool not having about enough time to prepare for this one.

Bro the apathy i have at the moment is mind blowing.

It feels like we keep playing the same teams.

If we dont play our fastest CB in this one I give up - Its time for the wall of Valladolid to get a game and put Stephens on his right as he's the best bollocker of players and officials we have. 

Edited by Convict Colony

17 hours ago, Master Bates said:

They're still going on about the goal scoring opportunity.

A: He got the ball

B: The keeper would have had it

If this is true, then time to finally fold PGMOL by next summer, put an advert out for lower league/good non league level players coming to the end of their contracts or who have finished in the last 3-4 years and have an intensive summer course to develop a new cohort of 150-200 referees ready to referee at lower levels next season and some of the best performing in the PL by 2022/3 onwards. Existing refs without a significant playing record could apply to this scheme to retrain and retain the better individuals through this summer’s residential and next summer’s. 

25 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Good that common sense has prevailed, but for love of God why did VAR not overturn it on the night? Absolutely ridiculous.

Quite. Nobody comes out of this looking good. That makes two red cards that we have had rescinded recently.