Other Teams - Summer 2021

nta786

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

As expected, Villa have already spent the Grealish money.

Their CEO just confirmed that Bailey, Benduia and Ings represent all of Jacks quality's across 3 players and that supporters should be excited to see the 'new' team and the exciting new academy players coming through.

I thought that was a pretty good video from their CEO. Better than radio silence I guess. 

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Still believe he'll stay at Barca. It's just a political move by Barca to get La Liga to budge with their wage caps, which I'm sure they will if there is a risk that the leagues most marketable player is about to exit.

Sky News are reporting that Messi will definitely not be staying at Barcelona.

And on the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58108298

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

I thought that was a pretty good video from their CEO. Better than radio silence I guess. 

You need to readjust your radio!

Hasenhuttl has done similar about Ings. Here is the article, there is a video as well.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-08-04/reaction-danny-ings-southampton-levante-ralph-hasenhuttl-pre-season

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Very clear, concise and honest. It may upset some Villa fans if they thought they were about to go on a £100m shopping spree though (they've already done it), he was very keen to play that down!

I hate the usual ''Jack wanted to play Champions league football' bollocks though. He did yes, but he also wanted the life changing amount of money he was about to get!

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

As expected, Villa have already spent the Grealish money.

Their CEO just confirmed that Bailey, Benduia and Ings represent all of Jacks quality's across 3 players and that supporters should be excited to see the 'new' team and the exciting new academy players coming through.

I'd still expect them to bring 2 or 3 more.

41 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I hate the usual ''Jack wanted to play Champions league football' bollocks though. He did yes, but he also wanted the life changing amount of money he was about to get!

To be fair to him he's playing for one of the greatest managers of all time in probably one of the greatest club sides of all time and is likely to win several trophies. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steve green said:

Is Harry Kane determined to look as stupid as his p**s take on Deadringers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58122156

I sense he's not convinced anyones coming in with a bumper bid for him.

Looks that way. Pep came on and added the pressure on Levy by saying that he needs to negotiate or else he stays.

Kane staying at Spurs will not be the same players he was last season imo. His mind wasnt at it at the Euros and he couldnt do SFA against 2 ageing centre backs,

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How can this be? We were told this was just a rumour in the express as Spurs aren’t spending.

Dunno, but despite their stadium debt, they've found a big chunk for a player I suspect most people have never heard of. My gut feel is that they'll have to sell Kane for the money. 

Interesting stuff on the Grealish deal in The Athletic today (obviously didn't read it before).

The deal was intense and complicated from start to finish and The Athletic can now explain that:

Grealish’s release clause of £100 million was added last summer and was set to expire today, August 7

City did not know about the clause, which allowed Villa to stall

The negotiations were led by City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and Villa co-owner Nassef Sawiris

Villa delayed as long as possible so they could sign players

There was dialogue with Real Madrid and Manchester United as Villa preferred not to do business with City

Grealish is signing a six-year deal worth £300,000 per week plus bonuses and has the opportunity to earn significantly more

The goodbye speech in the Villa dressing room on Wednesday

How City kept the fact he’ll wear their No 10 shirt a secret from him.

Interesting bit is apparently Villa were trying to sell him to United or Real at a cheaper price/player swap deal instead of letting City have him as they thought it was damaging to the game supposedly.

11 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

Interesting stuff on the Grealish deal in The Athletic today (obviously didn't read it before

Interesting bit is apparently Villa were trying to sell him to United or Real at a cheaper price/player swap deal instead of letting City have him as they thought it was damaging to the game supposedly.

Villa taking the high ground lol, I dont believe for 1 second that they would take millions less to uphold the honour of the game

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, whelk said:

Would like us to be in for Lookman but not our focus area

You’d have thought he’d be a relatively cheap loan though? Think we’re really lacking some quality at LM. Djenepo and Theo won’t cut the mustard for me. 

1 minute ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

PSG have beaten them to it.

Looking at the business they’ve done this season you wonder if free transfers between top clubs are going to be more and more a thing. Ramos, Donnarumma, Winjaldum and now messi all for free. Rumours that Pogba will join them next year when he’s out of contract too. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looking at the business they’ve done this season you wonder if free transfers between top clubs are going to be more and more a thing. Ramos, Donnarumma, Winjaldum and now messi all for free. Rumours that Pogba will join them next year when he’s out of contract too. 

If so be interesting to see how these clubs can continue to pay the stupid wages with no transfer income coming in for their top players.

Juventus have been taking advantage of the freebies for a few years now, in 2019 they brought in Ramsey, Rabiot and Buffon, year before that it was Emre Can and Dani Alves in 2016. This summer they've brought in 6 players, all for nothing.

This is why I've never been totally sure why so many bullets have been sent Ashley's way at Newcastle ''He doesn't spend''  ''He just wants bargain basement''. I get that they are desperate for a change and they don't like the way he runs it, but it's not fair to say he doesn't back them.

If they get this guy for 25m, that'll add onto the £42m they spent on Joeleton. The £25m on Wilson, 25m on Almiron etc.

They spend money, big money at that. They don't really get huge fees for players either.

Edited by S-Clarke

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This is why I've never been totally sure why so many bullets have been sent Ashley's way at Newcastle ''He doesn't spend''  ''He just wants bargain basement''. I get that they are desperate for a change and they don't like the way he runs it, but it's not fair to say he doesn't back them.

If they get this guy for 25m, that'll add onto the £42m they spent on Joeleton. The £25m on Wilson, 25m on Almiron etc.

They spend money, big money at that. They don't really get huge fees for players either.

Yep, I'd hazard they have a net spend far higher than we do - I think in terms of major sales they've sold Ayoze Perez, Wijnaldum and Sissoko but again they are nowhere near restricted the same way we are.

I don't wanna play into Turkish's narrative that we are the softest fans in the PL but we've never voiced our disapproval in the same way WHU/Everton/Newcastle fans have, and as a result media attention on our plight is low. 

20 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

It's literally the Other Teams Transfers thread.

The Tweet contains the news & the source.  Add me to ignore if it annoys you :) 

You can just say. Plays havoc with my scrolling and is always you. Don’t be so sensitive 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, whelk said:

You can just say. Plays havoc with my scrolling and is always you. Don’t be so sensitive 

No over-sensitivity from me, Whelk.  

But if somebody was to cause havoc with my scrolling, I would get VERY sensitive ;) 

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Weird, if I see SS's posted last in a thread I tend to be a lot more likely to check it out. Normally means it's actual news rather than just opinions on that news (or off topic arguing)

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Really? I thought Newcastle were on the list of teams that aren’t spending 🤷🏾‍♂️

Wow one signing, a week before the season starts, to get back to the exact level they were before the season starts, much wow, much spending.

OMGERD they must be bankrolled by a billionaire, how could we possibly ever compete with one signing.... 

Edited by tajjuk

3 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Wow one signing, a week before the season starts, to get back to the exact level they were before the season starts, much wow, much spending.

OMGERD they must be bankrolled by a billionaire, how could we possibly ever compete with one signing.... 

have you recovered from your embarrassment dismissing the player spurs signed that same day as just a rumour in a shite newspaper? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

have you recovered from your embarrassment dismissing the player spurs signed that same day as just a rumour in a shite newspaper? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't know have you recovered from being a twat? Oh no sorry that is a permanent state for you. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

I don't know have you recovered from being a twat? Oh no sorry that is a permanent state for you. 

I’m comfortable with who I am. Maybe one day when you understand the subject matter you think you’re an expert in you will be too. Good luck. I wish you well on your journey. 

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Maybe one day when you understand the subject matter 

Irony at its finest. 

Also I am glad you are comfortable with yourself as I doubt anyone else would have you. 

Edited by tajjuk