Other Teams - Summer 2021

nta786

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

SSN reporting that Kane hasn’t turned up for training today.

So, one of their own has done a Virgil? Clearly, he fancies joining Grealish at City more than another trophyless season at Spurs then. This might kick-start the transfer window, if he gets his way. And might even mean someone actually makes a bid for Danny.

14 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

So, one of their own has done a Virgil? Clearly, he fancies joining Grealish at City more than another trophyless season at Spurs then. This might kick-start the transfer window, if he gets his way. And might even mean someone actually makes a bid for Danny.

It was reported a few days ago that he would be missing the start of the season  due to recovery time after the Euros but it didn't say who he wouldn't be starting for !

59 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Manchester City will end their pursuit of Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 27, if they sign England team-mate Jack Grealish, 25, from Aston Villa. (Manchester Evening News)

I find that very odd, not only do I think Grealish is over rated and nowhere near worth that price, but he also plays a position they don't need. They have excellent attacking mids in De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva, all of whom IMO are better than Grealish as well, but literally only have one out and striker in Jesus who is not very clinical. 

IIRC pretty much all their dropped points last year was largely down to them not finishing off their chances. 

Whereas Harry Kane is yes a bit older than Grealish, but a clearly a better player who is extremely clinical and often out performs his XG, and clearly already works well with Sterling. 

Baffling to me that they would prioritise Grealish over Kane, I just can't see Grealish helping them win the Champions league or really improving their team that much, whereas Kane very clearly does.

Maybe it's all a carefully orchestrated stunt to get Spurs to do a better deal, pretend they are going full ahead for Grealish, Kane then basically doesn't turn up to training and makes it very clear he wants out and thinks he has an agreement to leave, then Spurs suddenly have an unhappy star player on their hands and the main suitors for him are looking elsewhere, leaving them a little screwed. 

3 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

I find that very odd, not only do I think Grealish is over rated and nowhere near worth that price, but he also plays a position they don't need. They have excellent attacking mids in De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva, all of whom IMO are better than Grealish as well, but literally only have one out and striker in Jesus who is not very clinical. 

IIRC pretty much all their dropped points last year was largely down to them not finishing off their chances. 

Whereas Harry Kane is yes a bit older than Grealish, but a clearly a better player who is extremely clinical and often out performs his XG, and clearly already works well with Sterling. 

Baffling to me that they would prioritise Grealish over Kane, I just can't see Grealish helping them win the Champions league or really improving their team that much, whereas Kane very clearly does.

Maybe it's all a carefully orchestrated stunt to get Spurs to do a better deal, pretend they are going full ahead for Grealish, Kane then basically doesn't turn up to training and makes it very clear he wants out and thinks he has an agreement to leave, then Spurs suddenly have an unhappy star player on their hands and the main suitors for him are looking elsewhere, leaving them a little screwed. 

I think Grealish is an excellent player and would fit in well at City, but totally agree I would have gone all out for Kane (or Haaland / Lukaku) ahead of him. Unless Pep is just going to continue not playing a proper striker and give everyone else a sniff of a chance, because if they get a proven goalscorer like Kane, I think it's curtains for the rest of the league.

Sounds familiar , player thinks he has a gentleman’s agreement to leave , club start briefing against him , player has fit (Morgan) but stays another season but career peters out . Other player has fit and forces move , career gets better (VVD) . Well roughly ! No one knows what Kane has been promised but it could backfire and he is stuck with Spuds .

2 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Player gets head turned and ideas above his station after being gently tapped up while on England duty.

Nice.

Are you talking about Harry Kane, England's best striker, having spent years with the National Team watching his team-mates at Chelsea, Liverpool and City win trophy after trophy while he prepares for a season hoping to qualify for Europa League via the third-rate Europa Conference? If those are ideas above his station, then what is his station?

Funny how the penny's finally dropping for Spurs supporters today. They seem to be the last to realise he's gone.

Even if it's true, it's an obvious bluff.

Kane desperately wants the all time Premier League goalscoring record and there's a world cup in 18 months (probably his last) - there's no way on earth he's sitting out a year at 28 by going on strike.

Happy to sign a long contract when it suited him; toys out the pram when he's expected to honour that contract. The modern footballer.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Even if it's true, it's an obvious bluff.

Kane desperately wants the all time Premier League goalscoring record and there's a world cup in 18 months (probably his last) - there's no way on earth he's sitting out a year at 28 by going on strike.

Happy to sign a long contract when it suited him; toys out the pram when he's expected to honour that contract. The modern footballer.

That is true. I mean I think he really want to join an other team to win some titles but he is also looking for some personal successes (next to team successes).

I like the modern footballer description. It really accounts for a lot of players nowadays.

5 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Mateusz Pereira 'speaking out' after his effort has been questioned at WBA ahead of a possible move 'somewhere'. Are/were we ever interested?

He’s exactly what we need and would be a great addition. But he’ll cost a fair bit of ££ so No, of course not. 

West Ham Are the club he refers to, I think. 

I really like that letter. How refreshing to read a statement that you can believe comes straight from the guy. 

Hope he gets the move he wants. 

Its not like he signed a new five year deal, tells everyone he wants to retire there, and a week lately goes on strike. 

You'd have to be a right cunt to do that. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Mateusz Pereira 'speaking out' after his effort has been questioned at WBA ahead of a possible move 'somewhere'. Are/were we ever interested?

I doubt we have the money for the transfer, which you'd reckon would be in the £20-25 million mark, on a position we have quite a lot of options in. 

Edited by tajjuk

In the Guardian today the article about Kane says he has learnt from previous transfers of Berbatov , Modric and Bale that you have to “go on strike” when dealing with Levy if you want a move . I assume from Levy’s angle he can squeeze more cash out of the deal while looking like you are desperately trying to hang on to said player.

11 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

In the Guardian today the article about Kane says he has learnt from previous transfers of Berbatov , Modric and Bale that you have to “go on strike” when dealing with Levy if you want a move . I assume from Levy’s angle he can squeeze more cash out of the deal while looking like you are desperately trying to hang on to said player.

I see Jamie Carragher has criticised Kane for his actions... funny, I don't remember him feeling the same when VVD went on strike. 

Aren't Villa in trouble with the EFL already and facing a fine/penalty if they go down? Seems they are playing fast and loose with the rules here too.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they spend £200m and then City decide they don't fancy Grealish after all?

So logically then......if Grealish is worth £100m and let's say JWP is only "half as good" as Grealish (not that I agree with this) we should be in for an offer of £50m for him. I know it doesn't work like that, but when we sold VvD, other clubs knew we had the money to spend. I hope we treat Villa in the same light.

• Like 2

We won't sell JWP. Nor do I think Villa can afford him, as they have already spent £100 million basically and probably added £250k a week to their wage bill, can't see them making a £50 million plus signing.

Interestingly looking around the league -

Newcastle still yet to sign anyone,

West Ham have signed loan GK,

Leeds have signed a left back,

Burnley have signed a back up centre-back,

Brentford have only signed two,

Watford have signed a centre-mid from France and then Danny Rose and Josh king on a free,

Everton have signed Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend, 

Spurs have signed Bryan Gil and a back up keeper, but also lost Alderweireld, Bale, Vinicius, and Lamela. (plus have the Kane issue)

It's not exactly busy out there, people worried about us getting relegated, but I am not seeing how anyone else around us has really improved yet. 

On a side note, if we think we have had it bad with some poor management, Benfica have apparently over the last 10 years made over 1 billion Euros in player sales, more than any other club in Europe and have just had their president arrested for money laundering, tax evasion and fraud.  With apparently a lot of that money going missing and not going back into the club. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tajjuk said:

We won't sell JWP. Nor do I think Villa can afford him, as they have already spent £100 million basically and probably added £250k a week to their wage bill, can't see them making a £50 million plus signing.

Interestingly looking around the league -

Newcastle still yet to sign anyone,

West Ham have signed loan GK,

Leeds have signed a left back,

Burnley have signed a back up centre-back,

Brentford have only signed two,

Watford have signed a centre-mid from France and then Danny Rose and Josh king on a free,

Everton have signed Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend, 

Spurs have signed Bryan Gil and a back up keeper, but also lost Alderweireld, Bale, Vinicius, and Lamela. (plus have the Kane issue)

It's not exactly busy out there, people worried about us getting relegated, but I am not seeing how anyone else around us has really improved yet. 

On a side note, if we think we have had it bad with some poor management, Benfica have apparently over the last 10 years made over 1 billion Euros in player sales, more than any other club in Europe and have just had their president arrested for money laundering, tax evasion and fraud.  With apparently a lot of that money going missing and not going back into the club. 

How are Palace doing with ins and outs?

7 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

How are Palace doing with ins and outs?

Out: (All free transfers)

Townsend
van Aanholt
Sakho
Hennerssey
McCarthy
Henderson
Clyne
Cahill
Dann
Wickham
Woods

In:
Gallagher - Loan
Guehi - £21m
Anderson - £16m
Olise - £9m
Matthews - Free
Montes - Free
Jach - Loan

47 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Messi is set to leave Barca. It'd be funny if this lead to City pulling the plug on Grealish, with Villa having already spent the money. Not plausible but funny.

It's interesting cos you have to wonder where he'll go, maybe PSG but you'd think with them signing Ramos, Donnarumma, Wijnaldum and Hakimi, their wage bill must have gone up massively, and they already pay like Neymar £600k a week or something, and have offered Mbappe something similar. 

Could they take on another £500k wage? 

You'd presume city could maybe, but do they want to? Not sure. 

After that? 

Very odd the greatest footballer of all time doesn't have a club, ok he's 34 but he's still looked close to his best. 

40 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

It's interesting cos you have to wonder where he'll go, maybe PSG but you'd think with them signing Ramos, Donnarumma, Wijnaldum and Hakimi, their wage bill must have gone up massively, and they already pay like Neymar £600k a week or something, and have offered Mbappe something similar. 

Could they take on another £500k wage? 

You'd presume city could maybe, but do they want to? Not sure. 

After that? 

Very odd the greatest footballer of all time doesn't have a club, ok he's 34 but he's still looked close to his best. 

Still believe he'll stay at Barca. It's just a political move by Barca to get La Liga to budge with their wage caps, which I'm sure they will if there is a risk that the leagues most marketable player is about to exit.

Edited by S-Clarke

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Still believe he's still at Barca. It's just a political move by Barca to get La Liga to budge with their wage caps, which I'm sure they will if there is a risk that the leagues most marketable player is about to exit.

Yeh possible, massive screw by Barca to even get into this position to be honest though, I mean we have made some stinkers in the transfer market but they are true champions at it, the fees and wages they have been paying.

---------------------------

Grealish is official now, £100 million, apparently a release clause in his contract. 

As expected, Villa have already spent the Grealish money.

Their CEO just confirmed that Bailey, Benduia and Ings represent all of Jacks quality's across 3 players and that supporters should be excited to see the 'new' team and the exciting new academy players coming through.