Other Teams - Summer 2021

nta786

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

Michael Olise to Palace.

That's a shitter - thought we were meant to be very interested.

42 minutes ago, saintrich said:

Olise for £8m is a great deal.

At the risk of inviting I wish we were Palace bantz, I've only just got over them signing Eze (Who I really wanted us to sign).

Olise def great value at £8m.

Edited by SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

Michael Olise to Palace.

That's a shitter - thought we were meant to be very interested.

Belting signing for the future but adapting to the prem as a teenager from the championship is very tricky, remember Sessegnon. If they can stay up then he should develop but maybe won't have the initial impact they require with their ravaged squad and Eze out.

36 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Young Bale was believed to be cursed when first at Tottenham too, was almost discarded to Nottingham Forest.

Yeah, Brewster is probably another example, although technically moved from liverpool it was off the back of a successful championship spell. You just have to persist with players of that age and not put too much pressure on, I get the feeling palace will struggle with the latter.

14 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Young Bale was believed to be cursed when first at Tottenham too, was almost discarded to Nottingham Forest.

At Real he is said to be on a £600k a week , £31.2M a year for 6 years ,which comes to £187.2 M just at Real . I think he can afford to play for us for free or even buy the Saints ! Ha Ha .

45 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Looks like Palace will be trying to keep two more of the old guard (Ward and Cahill) but Townsend isn't likely to re-sign:
Crystal Palace set to confirm new Joel Ward contract as Andros Townsend opens up on his future plans (msn.com)

Weren't we heavily linked with Townsend at one point, maybe when he left Spurs?

23 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Messi agrees to 50% pay cut to stay at Baca !!! (says BBC Sport)

Probably because it became pretty obvious that no one in the world, in any profession, is ever going to pay a single person circa £700,000 a week anymore. He was in a corner.

25 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Probably because it became pretty obvious that no one in the world, in any profession, is ever going to pay a single person circa £700,000 a week anymore. He was in a corner.

Barca are desperately cutting their wage bill to make room for fresh talent , I expect some deal has been made to make it up to players that have taken a cut !They have some sort of total wage bill to stick to apparently.

Edited by East Kent Saint

14 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I feel like we’re going into the season with an even weaker squad than the one we finished with.

Norwich and Palace have made excellent signings.

While to go yet, CP rebuilding heavily but 2 good opening signings, Norwich have funds but because they sold a star player for big money so still weaker overall. Buendia starred for them in 2019/20 and still went down by a mile. There’s been progress on getting all of the pension day rubbish like Hoedt away and Ross’s cock ups when Les was having his afternoon nap. Lots of bits and bobs like Sims and Hesketh on decent money added together left. Finishing above 18th will be a tall order but time for further activity. Vest on post Euro holiday and almost certain to move on for a decent fee. Keen to get Adam Armstrong in as gives the club more options with Ings eg compete for a place or let’s see how good your agent really is.