Other Teams - Summer 2021

nta786

12 hours ago, skintsaint said:

I suspect he will replace Ross Barkley, who I believe Villa wont be taking the option on

Might be a controversial view, but in Beuendia's time in the PL I don't think he did much? The Perreria guy at West Brom had more impact at this level than Beundia did in my opinion. I haven't seen any stats, but it 'felt' like that anyway.

The 35m+ price tag is insanity for someone who has only really done it in the NPC. Not sure why people aren't piling over Perreria at half the price.

Edited by S-Clarke

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Might be a controversial view, but in Beuendia's time in the PL I don't think he did much? The Perreria guy at West Brom had more impact at this level than Beundia did in my opinion. I haven't seen any stats, but it 'felt' like that anyway.

It isn't Buendia's fault that the chances he created when he was last in the Premier League were messed up by his Norwich teammates...

Edited by Matthew Le God

23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The 35m+ price tag is insanity for someone who has only really done it in the NPC. Not sure why people aren't piling over Perreria at half the price.

He was brilliant in his season in the Prem, a real creator which there aren’t many of around at the moment, and still only 24. If Norwich could sell him at £35mil and get Pereira in for £15mil i’d say it’s a great transfer for Villa and Norwich. 

Edited by saintwbu

1 minute ago, saintwbu said:

He was brilliant in his season in the Prem, a real creator which there aren’t many of around at the moment, and still only 24. If Norwich could sell him at £35mil and get Pereira in for £15mil i’d say it’s a great transfer for Villa and Norwich. 

I guess i've just been blinded by the stats on this one, as Perreria had more goals etc. But i take those points on his creation numbers, forgot about those.

42 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

See there's no schlupp on Palace's list. Guess they are going to try and offer him a new deal. He's someone i wouldn't mind Saints getting on a free.

Schlupp is awful and hasn't done anything since being a bit-part player when Leicester won the league. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

So, in a very funny twist for our Spurs friends. They didn't get Conte.

But instead they are going to appoint Paulo Fonesca, the very same guy who was sacked by Roma and replaced by Mourinho at Roma. Who Spurs sacked themselves.

#managermerrygoround

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

But instead they are going to appoint Paulo Fonesca, the very same guy who was sacked by Roma and replaced by Mourinho at Roma. Who Spurs sacked themselves.

#managermerrygoround

What a shame.

See Nuno turned down Palace, be interesting to see what way they go.

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

#managermerrygoround

I’ve just clicked on a Spurs forum .. giggling to myself at the off the scale bed wetting on the apparantly imminent appointment of Fonseca.. absolutely hilarious 😆.. made my day !! They are spuing! Jose must be laughing his socks off seriously .. spuds are just shockingly funny if this comes off .. 🤞🏻😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

#managermerrygoround

Spurs fans on Reddit were asking what he was like as a manager, a helpful Roma fan responded "Your defense will suck. But you will suck at attacking too."

Perfect fit for Spurs then!

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Wonder if Brighton will begin to experience what we did and start to lose some of their better players. For us it was a result of our success and top 6/7/8 finishes. For Brighton its a result of playing a real good brand of football.

Can see serious interest in White, Bissouma (both linked to Arsenal) and maybe even Trossard this window. Lamptey possibly next window after he gets over his injury

27 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

8 g+a and 6 g+a in his two seasons in the top league, seems pretty injury prone, and is apparently plays more on the left than centrally like Brighton want.

Did OK in the German second league (17 g+a) and is only 23 so likely has good resell but given all that I am not exactly dying of jealousy for Brighton at that price. 

Edited by TWar

1 hour ago, TWar said:

8 g+a and 6 g+a in his two seasons in the top league, seems pretty injury prone, and is apparently plays more on the left than centrally like Brighton want.

Did OK in the German second league (17 g+a) and is only 23 so likely has good resell but given all that I am not exactly dying of jealousy for Brighton at that price. 

Doesn't seem like a £25m player based on that so I guess we'll see what happens if/when he signs up for them. Whilst I accept a higher transfer fee doesn't guarantee success, wouldn't it be good to be able to spend that sort of sum on a player if we deemed him worth it...

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Aston Villa clearly using a cheat-code to give themselves a £500m warchest.

My take is that Grealish must be going and they are desperate to get their buying done before it goes public. (like Liverpool when Suarez left

Edited by Eric The Red

1 minute ago, Eric The Red said:

My take is that Grealish must be going and they are desperate to get their buying done before it goes public and 

Possible.  The owner is minted, though*.

* MLG notes:  both owners.

Edited by SuperSAINT
Added MLG notes

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Arsenal have £40m bid rejected for Ben White…

Good player but…lot of money for a “deflated” market

A lot of money? I would say that it is nowhere near enough.

The market was never going to be deflated for Premier League clubs, matchday is the most affected revenue stream and it accounts for a small % of Premier League clubs' overall revenue. It will be deflated in other countries and the Championship, where TV revenue is less and matchday is relatively more important.