Other Teams - Summer 2021

nta786

29 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Stig Johansen has told Football Insider that he feels James Tarkowski would be right to leave Burnley this summer.

He does have just a year left on his contract, give them Redmond in exchange.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Would be quite the ego blow to Arsenal you'd think, if they sell him to Villa.

Yep, wouldn't send a good message.

Villa are persistent and that must be having had at least some sign of interest from ESR.

1 minute ago, woodsaint1 said:

Junior Firpo off to Leeds for €15m it seems. All very odd when it was reported that they were no longer interested in Perraud due to the price

Apparently they were quoted £17m for Perraud. Something funny is going on since we seem to be linked for half that. Either way I think it suits both teams well, Perraud is the attacking fullback we need and Firpo is a flexible wingback like they need, everyones happy.

In other news, Arsenal linked with £15m move for Taveres, Benfica fans giving it the old "I'll drive him to the airport myself" "How have we managed that" so glad we seem to be steering clear.

2 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Some Everton fans not happy. All is not well in the land of Dug Outs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57634872

What a shit thing to do.

Would be funny he if turns them down because of it. He can't need the ££, or want the hassle, surely?

And what is going on with mangerial vacancies this summer? Is the EPL suddenly not appealing?

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Good manager Parker, surprised he’s been pushed out of Fulham, and even more surprised he’s gone to Bournemouth. Surely one of the prem clubs would take a punt on him!?

Why take a manager from one of the relegated clubs?

same applies to Eddie Howe

Fulham definitely had the most expensive squad in the Championship in the 2019-20 season, but they only went up through the play-offs. He also has two Premier League relegations on his CV now and while I know Fulham were going to catch us had the league season been a 48 match season, rather than the standard 38, 1 win in their last 12 games and just 28 points shows that something's lacking. I don't personally get the hype, other than him being an upgrade on Jason Tindall, which is not that impressive.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Fulham definitely had the most expensive squad in the Championship in the 2019-20 season, but they only went up through the play-offs. He also has two Premier League relegations on his CV now and while I know Fulham were going to catch us had the league season been a 48 match season, rather than the standard 38, 1 win in their last 12 games and just 28 points shows that something's lacking. I don't personally get the hype, other than him being an upgrade on Jason Tindall, which is not that impressive.

It’s all about the attire. If he was to wear the club coat and look like Chris Wilder there would far less of the look at this sophisticated manger destined for big things bollocks around Parker. Had a spell where looked a decent manager.

Edited by whelk

18 hours ago, Dusic said:

Yep, wouldn't send a good message.

Villa are persistent and that must be having had at least some sign of interest from ESR.

They are planning the Grealish money on who they see as a replacement.

16 hours ago, Suhari said:

What a shit thing to do.

Would be funny he if turns them down because of it. He can't need the ££, or want the hassle, surely?

And what is going on with mangerial vacancies this summer? Is the EPL suddenly not appealing?

" Whoever placed the message left it outside the wrong house" The message was "We know where you live"

8 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

Why take a manager from one of the relegated clubs?

same applies to Eddie Howe

Didn't we take Pochettino from a relegated or nearly relegated Espanyol?

I'm not comparing Parker's managerial quality to Poch, however at the time we did appoint a young manager from a badly achieving team and it worked out pretty well.

37 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Didn't we take Pochettino from a relegated or nearly relegated Espanyol?

I'm not comparing Parker's managerial quality to Poch, however at the time we did appoint a young manager from a badly achieving team and it worked out pretty well.

Might be remembering wrong, but didnt Pochettino have a decent first season, then had any half decent player sold from under him the season they struggled? Slightly different scenarios to Howe and Parker spending lots and getting relegated.

10 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Awful appointment, that has to reduce our chances of relegation. They need a full team rebuild and they are handing the keys to someone who has next to no experience or track record. Very risky.

14 minutes ago, TWar said:

Awful appointment, that has to reduce our chances of relegation. They need a full team rebuild and they are handing the keys to someone who has next to no experience or track record. Very risky.

Early to rule out I'd say but completely understand your prediction.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TWar said:

My thoughts exactly. Good news for us.

21 hours ago, TWar said:

Crazy hire, they're the one club right now who could have been forgiven for appointing a Big Sam or a Pardew - at least you can be confident they'll bring in some sensible players. Viera will have a very big job on his hands. Hope he's given more time than FdB.

All the potential to be a great signing, and with Vardy aging its the perfect opportunity to not drop him in at the deep end but to slowly get him used to the league as they transition from Vardy to Daka. Very clever work.

25 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Can't see Chelsea having as their alternative to one of the young fullbacks in the world a guy who doesn't start half the games for atalanta. Seems like the old formula of "guy does well in euros, link him to any club who are in the market for his position" rumour while his name is famous and in the news. Could be wrong but I think this is unlikely.

Edited by TWar

40 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Never known a fanbase to be so against a new managerial appointment. Maybe Mourinho at United but he had his fans there too. Hope we help him get off to a losing start.