Other Teams - Summer 2021

nta786

2 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Arsenal are actually getting relegated…

I’d love for that to happen!

It had me thinking, we lost by a 2 goal deficit to Everton away, they lost by a 2 goal deficit to a newly promoted team away.

Yes they have better players on paper and injuries etc but as a club they’ve spent poorly and their high earners on the face of it seem unmotivated. 

Just something to keep our spirits high, I’m trying to find any positive spin I can before Sunday

8 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

£75m on Ben White and Aaron Ramsdale, let that sink in..

Shocking business from Arsenal, what on Earth are they doing? I wouldn't have been happy had we spent £10 mil on Ramsdale or £20 mil on White. They appear desperate to have England internationals in their squad regardless of their actual ability. Desperate. 

33 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

And to think they let Martinez go to Villa for 10 mil less than they're spending on Ramsdale. The mismanagement at that club! Sad to see it's continuing even today.

even Leno cost a bit of cash. Although I'm not sad they are wasting their money, better them than us!

Edited by skintsaint
  • Like 1

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Neto is out till atleast February for Wolves, some saying his season is over. With Jimenez recovering, Traore linked with a move away (and not great anyway), a new manager, goalkeeper massively downgraded, and only finishing 2 pts ahead of us last season they could be in a bit of trouble.

23 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Just seen Man City's new third kit. Assumed it was a joke at first given it looks like fake merch you'd find at a dodgy local market. Imagine the SWF outcry if we had something similar...

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1428038989227855874?s=19

Third comment down 'Looks like something from a PE teachers lost property box' 😄

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Ramsdale 😆 utter pony, has been the worst keeper in the league for back-to-back seasons. The worst part is that the league contained our two bags of shit!

Macca was the worst keeper in the league last season and it wasn't particularly close

Edited by TWar
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Arsenal have signed Ramsdale for £30m.

How in the holy shit have Sheffield United made a profit on him?

And what the fuck are Arsenal doing?

As a fan, I must be missing something with him. Because when I’ve seen him play he is one of the worst keepers I’ve ever seen at this level, 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Arsenal have signed Ramsdale for £30m.

How in the holy shit have Sheffield United made a profit on him?

And what the fuck are Arsenal doing?

£80m on him and White is properly poor business. To have gone from Martinez to Ramsdale and lost money on the way is hilarious. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

As a fan, I must be missing something with him. Because when I’ve seen him play he is one of the worst keepers I’ve ever seen at this level, 

Nods vigorously in agreement

i think he’s absolutely shit. I read somewhere he’s been relegated 4 times already in his career. 

Edited by Turkish

Just now, Turkish said:

Is it just me who thinks Ramsdale is utter shit? 

Nope. He's appalling. Arsenal's deals are all a bit odd. Bin off Ozil, then tie Smith - Rowe down to take his place, then sign Odegaard to take (or push for) his place. All over the place. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Nope. He's appalling. Arsenal's deals are all a bit odd. Bin off Ozil, then tie Smith - Rowe down to take his place, then sign Odegaard to take (or push for) his place. All over the place. 

£50m for Ben White ffs. He’s decent but he’s worth about half that at best. Odegaard is also a weird one. Guess that means Maddison won’t be go there 

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Nope, I think he's a diabolical keeper. I have no idea how he is in and around the England setup either.

Mind you, McCarthy was at one point.

I'd have thought they'd be better off signing Sam Johnstone from West Brom.

4 hours ago, egg said:

Some sort of weird young English thing making him over rated? No idea really, whenever I have seen him he looks nothing special and seemed to often parry stuff back into play. Very busy keepers for shit teams (aside ours) seem to traditionally get a bit over rated I think, like Marshall for Cardiff did a few years back, just because so much comes their way they will make a lot of saves. 

Smith-Rowe and Odegaard not really the same sort of player, I'd reckon they'd actually play well together, Odegaard is like a very pure playmaker, drifts around, links the midfield to the attack, plays lots of through balls. Basically Ozil Mk2. Smith-Rowe is more busy, taking people on, playing one-twos bursting into the box, shooting etc.  

Like the difference between say a Tadic and Stuart Armstrong. 

• Like 1

How many times has that guy been linked with a big move to someone? Yet no one actually pulls the plug, he can't even get a regular start for Wolves. He's obviously got great pace and strength, but he's got no end product most of the time.  As shown yesterday, burst through with his pace, gets a 1v1 against the keeper, basically hits it straight at Lloris. 

6 goals and 11 assists in the last two seasons. 

Redmond has 6 goals and 7 assists in his last two seasons from less starts, and no one is going to pay £40 million for him.

One of the most over rated players around, 'flatters to deceive' sums him up nicely I think. 

• Like 2

On 23/08/2021 at 14:13, Matthew Le God said:

matrix flipping GIF

My thoughts exactly, imagine if we'd gotten Williams for a £4m loan fee or whatever it was and £60k a week wages instead of Livramento on a perm for £1m more and much more manageable wages, Semmens deserves massive massive credit for that.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Who do you think will finish further up? Saints or West Ham?

West Ham. When people say "such a west ham move" they mean that West Ham spend a fortune but rarely well, which is probably accurate. Problem is spending a lot of money poorly still mostly beats out spending a tiny amount of money reasonably well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TWar said:

West Ham. When people say "such a west ham move" they mean that West Ham spend a fortune but rarely well, which is probably accurate. Problem is spending a lot of money poorly still mostly beats out spending a tiny amount of money reasonably well.

They have made some very astute signings in more recent years and will finish comfortably above us once again, I should imagine.

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

They have made some very astute signings in more recent years and will finish comfortably above us once again, I should imagine.

Surely they can't go into another season with just one striker when they have Europe as well. Those players behind the striker are exciting mind!