Other Teams - Summer 2021

nta786

On 27/08/2021 at 21:54, Saint_clark said:

Lesser teams regularly beat the top teams is my point. Won't see that this season. The 3 big spenders from the summer will blow away almost all the bottom half - if Ronaldo had already signed for United when we played them, they'd have won 4/5-1. 

Why not? Money guarantees very little if all the super stars in the world do not gel as a team. Where are the super stars at Wolves, Leeds & Everton yet their systems ensure they punch well above their weight. Arsenal are packed with super stars aren't they?

Ronaldo is a show pony with a very big ego. Trying to manage him will be a nightmare, will cost Solskjaer his job and  ManUre any sense of cohesion and harmony. They will fall short yet again.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

That is a crazy fee for him, they could get much better value looking at someone like Doku. Obviously they've held a long standing interest in him after Swansea's shitshow back in 2019. But that is just too much money.

Sometimes, when you see fees like that being batted around on bog standard average players, you kind of appreciate our approach.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

That is a crazy fee for him, they could get much better value looking at someone like Doku. Obviously they've held a long standing interest in him after Swansea's shitshow back in 2019. But that is just too much money.

Sometimes, when you see fees like that being batted around on bog standard average players, you kind of appreciate our approach.

The transfer market is currently baffling imo.

Real Madrid apparently willing to pay like £140 million for a player with a year left on his deal, PSG apparently not willing to accept it.

Willian has just terminated a two year contract on £225k a week to go back to Brazil, I mean fair play I suppose turning down like £20 million basically. 

Leeds wanting to pay £30 million for a guy who had what one good season in the Championship? and then has basically sat on Utds bench for 2 years. 

Valencia releasing a wonderkid Korean player apparently just to free up a non-EU spot in their squad for a new signing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Real Madrid apparently willing to pay like £140 million for a player with a year left on his deal, PSG apparently not willing to accept it.

Willian has just terminated a two year contract on £225k a week to go back to Brazil, I mean fair play I suppose turning down like £20 million basically. 

Leeds wanting to pay £30 million for a guy who had what one good season in the Championship? and then has basically sat on Utds bench for 2 years. 

Valencia releasing a wonderkid Korean player apparently just to free up a non-EU spot in their squad for a new signing. 

Re Willian, terminating a contract normally means the club pays it off in full upfront to get rid of you, it's unlikely Willian left without earning a hefty chunk. Must have been dreadful for the dressing room for Arsenal not to have just held onto him. 

25 minutes ago, TWar said:

Re Willian, terminating a contract normally means the club pays it off in full upfront to get rid of you, it's unlikely Willian left without earning a hefty chunk. Must have been dreadful for the dressing room for Arsenal not to have just held onto him. 

Similar to what we did with Carillo? I'd love to know how much that lad cost us in total. 

17 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

The thing that came out of the breakaway league was that Spurs were 600m odd in debt. Yet can continue to buy players for these sort of fees. 21m on Gils, this guy and Romero for 45m. Don't think they sold much, huge stadium bill to pay and no CL footie.

Edited by skintsaint

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

The thing that came out of the breakaway league was that Spurs were 600m odd in debt. Yet can continue to buy players for these sort of fees. 21m on Gils, this guy and Romero for 45m. Don't think they sold much, huge stadium bill to pay and no CL footie.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/04/tottenham-take-175m-bank-of-england-loan-to-ease-coronavirus-impact

Remember Spurs had to get one of these emergency loans, why didn't Saints do that instead of our wonga style high interest rates? 

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

In for a penny...

50 minutes ago, JRM said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/04/tottenham-take-175m-bank-of-england-loan-to-ease-coronavirus-impact

Remember Spurs had to get one of these emergency loans, why didn't Saints do that instead of our wonga style high interest rates? 

Would assume it’s because we are a much higher credit risk than Spurs given our history of administration, being up to our eyeballs in debt already and  a much higher risk of relegation than them. 

2 hours ago, skintsaint said:

BBC is saying they need to sell Aurier first to get Emerson Royal.  They have also sold about £30 million and got some big wage earners off the books like Alderweireld, Sissoko and Rose 

11 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Yep, agreed. It's baffled me this year. I thought this would be the year there was a little bit of leveling out, not as much movement - clubs proclaiming massive losses due to no fans etc.

Yet, somehow...we've had the most expensive ever British transfer, closely followed by the 2nd most expensive British transfer ever, Ronaldo rejoining Man Utd and being paid more than anyoen else in the league. Then almost unheard of under the Gold/Sullivan era....West Ham spending just under £60m without selling. All very odd.

Everton have behaved like I'd have expected a lot of clubs to behave.

15 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

It's happening. He's having a medical at the mo, guaranteed fee is more around £25m apparently with the rest in add-ons.

Sheer lunacy. £15m is the absolute max I'd pay for him, and that would be including add-ons. Leeds fans are of the same belief, they're all a bit gobsmacked that they've turned down Internationals such as Rodrigo De Paul as £20m was too much - yet they're about to splash £30m on this load of averagness.

2 hours ago, tajjuk said:

I do find it funny the Everton 'project' has gone from Moise Kean & James Rodriguez to Andros Townsend on a free. 

Certainly a lot of money for a bunch of overpaid underperforming players has been wasted.

That said I'd prefer Townsend here rather than Theo, he's almost certainly cheaper as well. So we shouldn't gloat.

Well ok then, lets smirk just a bit at the WARCHEST.

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Has that fkin idiot Jim White who made transfer deadline day all about him and made an 18 yr olds move from Barnsley to Rotherham on loan sound like the deal of the day actually left Sky Sports yet or has he hung on for a last lap of honour today?

That chump makes it unwatchable. Together with the fuckwits that hang around the grounds trying to get into camera, they’ve spoilt what could be a half decent evening programme 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That chump makes it unwatchable. Together with the fuckwits that hang around the grounds trying to get into camera, they’ve spoilt what could be a half decent evening programme 

Sky have ruined it. Their coverage of the entire Mbappe thing says it all really

''Sky Sports news UNDERSTANDS that Real Madrid will not be moving for Mbappe in this window''

10 mins later...

''Sky sports news UNDERSTANDS that there may be a chance that Real Madrid increase their office for Mbappe''

They have no idea what they're on about, bogus sources all over the shop to create drama and viewers. Their two 'ITK' transfer people are nothing more than twitter followers (SuperSaint - you could have their job!)

Edited by S-Clarke

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They have no idea what they're on about, bogus sources all over the shop to create drama and viewers. Their two 'ITK' transfer people are nothing more than twitter followers (SuperSaint - you could have their job!)

Drives me mad when people like Crook pretend they have sources without crediting who they’ve copied it from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Drives me mad when people like Crook pretend they have sources without crediting who they’ve copied it from.

Agreed, he's got himself a gig on TalkSport as well now for being some sort of Transfer source.

Frauds everywhere.

31 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

SaintsWeb news understands that Jim White will be on talksport for the last hour of the transfer window. Crook also offering opinions as well as twitter rumours there too, throughput the day. So it should be safe elsewhere. 

Absolutely bugger all happening today...!

Interested to see what happens to the below this season...can't see them getting many first team league apps this season.

Hudson-Odoi
Loftus-Cheek
Lewis Baker
Barkley
Phil Jones
Lingard
Andreas Perieira
Juan Mata
Van De Beek
Kolasinac
Riess Nelson
Balogun
Maitland Niles
Nketiah
Elneny

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Absolutely bugger all happening today...!

Interested to see what happens to the below this season...can't see them getting many first team league apps this season.

Hudson-Odoi
Loftus-Cheek
Lewis Baker
Barkley
Phil Jones
Lingard
Andreas Perieira
Juan Mata
Van De Beek
Kolasinac
Riess Nelson
Balogun
Maitland Niles
Nketiah
Elneny

Joined Flamengo, I think.

Good list.  On a side-note, Lewis Baker is 26 (!)

8 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Hopefully...Levy thinks he’s playing games with City and spending the Kane money before letting them have him at the last minute - but then City tell them to fookin’ keep him. In an ideal world.

26 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Says a lot that quite a few of our targets or former targets, are joining championship clubs...

We never really had firm confirmation either were our targets. Maybe what it says is agents leaking links to more glamorous clubs than they are worth to drum up interest.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

The once highly sought after Saido Berahino has joined League One Sheffield Wednesday.  

He's only 28!

Dunno what happened with that lad, but he was brilliant once. A proper Premier league player. Massive fall from grace.