The Euro2020 Thread

Saint Garrett

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Feels like we might just be starting to get hold of the match now.

It's a dangerous patch. Denmark could easily get us on the counter and then just sit back. England playing with real zip and quality.. just needs that final ball.

Great they are at least trying after years of going out with barely a whimper.

Just now, IronCitySaint said:

Finished the game well but can't get rid of the feeling that it will be the same old story. Extra time, penalties and another semi final defeat.

That's the spirit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, northam soul said:

I am sick of watching Rice and Phillips running around and not affecting the game.

Rice must be a bit thick. Twice he got into the box, the Dansh defender was petrified of any contact, Rice then ran the ball out of the area and the defender said thanks and was able to get a tackle in without fear of giving away a penalty.

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

Rice must be a bit thick. Twice he got into the box, the Dansh defender was petrified of any contact, Rice then ran the ball out of the area and the defender said thanks and was able to get a tackle in without fear of giving away a penalty.

Yep. He's so frustrating. There's a bloody good footballer on there but he's so negative and makes some poor decisions. Henderson would be an upgrade....but he could then be in for pens 

I worry about too many subs. Denmark have brought five on and I think they've lost shape and focus - it all goes a bit international-feiendly.

These two make sense but Mount has been much better than Foden. Lets hope he lives up to his haircut.

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Wow, was a total dive. Flabbergasted they gave that after looking at it. 😂 

VAR isn't really bothered in this tournament. I like it because it gets the game moving but there's times when the use seems a bit slapdash.

They'd still be looking at the penalty decision if this was in the Premier League.