Season Tickets

southbourne saint

Not the club's finest hour. Marjor fiasco.

That refund will cost at least 1/2 million I suspect.

Someone is having a meeting without coffee on Monday morning.

So avoidable, alarm bells should have rung two weeks ago. Just email out a match ticket to ST holders as a one off. That would have solved the problem and saved money.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DJ_TOAST said:

So Season Ticket holders get a credit not a refund, pfff

Yeah they basically hope buy some tat from the club shop, goes someway to buying one of the new shirts for those who want one. 

No excuse for such a mess outside the ground today, very very poor. 

14 minutes ago, JRM said:

Yeah they basically hope buy some tat from the club shop, goes someway to buying one of the new shirts for those who want one. 

Can it be used against next years ST?

I can’t believe there hasn’t been more shite over this. When I got in about 5 past I looked back and couldn’t believe the queues behind. Serious fuck up. 

It was a shambles, honestly. What has changed? New company doing it? Are these new readers on the turnstiles? 

It was a bit of a shambles tbh, for a Premier League club totally unacceptable but credit to the club for actually offering full refunds. Held their hands up.

Heads will probably roll over this, it's going to have cost the club a small fortune and we don't have money like this to waste atm.

1 minute ago, haddock22 said:

Next stage of shambles if we get vouchers for club shop instead of cash refund

I'd imagine it'll be similar to the season ticket refunds during the lockdown - just a credit on everyone's account that they can use against other matches etc.

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Surely it can be used against away tickets / cup tickets etc ? 

On 30th July, the club put out this statement about investing £2.5 million in stadium enhancements

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-07-30/southampton-fc-announces-st-marys-improvements

It included the line:

"To help enhance the concourse experience even further there will be a full refurbishment of the kiosks with the installation of new point of sale technology and an increase in till points by over 20% to help reduce queue times, as well as new digital signage throughout to help direct fans to less busy outlets."

I thought these improvements might be done before the season started, but yesterday in the Itchen was the worst queues for food and drink I've experienced in 20 years at St Mary's (except when they gave everyone a free pint).  There were two people serving across six pay points in the bar area.  Normally I get a pint in the ground with mates before the game but didn't bother yesterday because of the huge queues.  Not sure if that was true across the entire stadium, but surely its yet another revenue opportunity missed?

I also understand that the half time beer tokens have been stopped?

Curious whether this was specific for the Itchen or across the entire ground...

Was the same in the Kingsland Northam corner. There is no ground I've ever been to that is worse to get a pint before the game / at HT.

I nipped down on 42 mins to get a quick pint, stood still for 10 mins in the queue, and gave up. I dread to think how much money they could make if they could actually serve quicker and satisfy demand.

Why is there no "bottle only" bars for example, or people waling around with beer taps on their back like you see at other grounds.  It is a mess atm.

7 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Was the same in the Kingsland Northam corner. There is no ground I've ever been to that is worse to get a pint before the game / at HT.

I nipped down on 42 mins to get a quick pint, stood still for 10 mins in the queue, and gave up. I dread to think how much money they could make if they could actually serve quicker and satisfy demand.

Why is there no "bottle only" bars for example, or people waling around with beer taps on their back like you see at other grounds.  It is a mess atm.

Northam was the worst I've ever seen it at half time.

Every season exactly the same and no improvements. Like you say bottles only could be 1 way to speed it, instead of 1 guy pouring pints every time an order is made (as was in Northam which was ridiculous).

I appreciate the comments about the staff are only temp and on min wage etc, but it's not really the fans problem, Saints should pay people a bit more or whatever needs to be done to sort it out, they would quickly make any money back in extra sold drinks. 

Just another thing on top of the ticket office how the club is so unorganised and a mess and doesn't really care. 

• Like 1

On one of my group FB pages a company from Hythe were advertising for staff to work at the game was very late maybe Thursday/Friday.

After the Levante friendly survey I let rip about the service 2 people serving a massive queue many gave up.

The lost revenue on match day must be ridiculous.

11 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The interesting thing will be what caused yesterday’s fuck up. Was it the QR codes on phones, the paper tickets issued to ST holders, single game paper tickets or ST cards.  If it was mixture of all of them and the problem was the scanners I can see that being a right ball ache to fix. 

I was stood by the turnstiles for a while before the game.  The issue in the Itchen was paper tickets - pretty much every other one would not scan.  Season tickets were fine, at least where I was....

My tickets for the Chapel End were delivered by post within 48 hours of ordering them. We got to the ground at about 12.50 thinking there would be long queues & unsure how many people might be asked to show Covid passes. Walked straight up to the turnstile - no-one in front of us & straight in. Queued behind 2 people to buy a coffee & were in our seats by the time the teams were announced at 1 PM. I applaud the club's decision to reimburse the ticket prices as quite a few people with seats near us were still coming in after the game had started, and clearly many experienced real problems in other parts of the ground. However, the stadium looked about 2/3 full @ kick off so a lot of us must have made it in on time even though some will have no doubt had to queue for some time in order to do so.

The queues for Turnstile F at 1:30 were as long as any that I have known but moved on smoothly. One entrance was reserved for the exclusive paddy seaters but by the time that we got nearer the steward very kindly invited us all to use it. I told him that this situation wouldn't last long.

The tickets worked OK but I assume that was because I presented the barcode side to the green light. I don't think it used NFC.

I couldn’t scan my QR code from my phone and I eventually used a backup printout which I had with me which worked after few tries.  I suspect the backend scanning and processing IT infrastructure was struggling to cope with the number of tickets being presented and scanned.  It seemed to work fine with the 2 friendlies but struggled with a full house.

On a related note, the club should have made mobile tickets available via Apple Wallet (and Google equivalent) so it’s easy to find and present the ticket.  Also your phone screen’s brightness automatically increases when Wallet is opened, quite important as it’s dark at the turnstile!  It’s also much more professional.

• Like 3

Perhaps someone got a kickback buying a new system as the old one worked well.

I wonder if my st has arrived with today's post..

Another comment on the matchday experience: screens didnt work until well into the match and with a poor quality and the PA on the mobile mic was useless.

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

The screens are being replaced in a months time because they're 20 odd years old, think we're just going to have to live with that one for a few months. Likewise the TV's in the concourse weren't on.

I think St Marys is actually on its second set of big-screens already. The current ones were a big step up on the originals, which were crap. I think they were installed around the same time they switched to LED lighting? I was surprised they were replacing them already tbh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

The screens are being replaced in a months time because they're 20 odd years old, think we're just going to have to live with that one for a few months. Likewise the TV's in the concourse weren't on.

The new concourse screens have been delayed as well. Now expected October at the soonest.

The large stadium scree6were upgraded a few years ago.

19 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

The new concourse screens have been delayed as well. Now expected October at the soonest.

The large stadium scree6were upgraded a few years ago.

It just makes me wonder what have they been doing last 16 months to not implement these things! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nta786 said:

It just makes me wonder what have they been doing last 16 months to not implement these things! 

They were ordered in plenty of time but like anything electronic coming from the Far East there are horrendous delays. First Covid and now all the transport problems.

Still haven't received my car parking season ticket. It's just a bit of printed cardboard. Surely that wasn't farmed out to a third party in China !

Paid the club £240 for it so I could be sure of being close to the ground ( getting on a  bit!) No apology.  No refund.  Can't see any excuse for this.

On 22/08/2021 at 19:55, Mattster said:

Hopefully can put it against the outstanding balance since we are doing the installments?

Sadly not it appears - can only be redeemed against next year’s ST or if you don’t renew you then get a refund. The initial generosity now looks a little less generous….

9 minutes ago, M271 said:

Sorry I was more thinking about home cup matches, if they come about this season that is.

Sorry misunderstood. 

Looks like they’re excluded too as the wording is pretty specific. Maybe something to do with splitting the gate money or the FA selling them. Seems pretty strange to me. 

39 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Sorry misunderstood. 

Looks like they’re excluded too as the wording is pretty specific. Maybe something to do with splitting the gate money or the FA selling them. Seems pretty strange to me. 

You could argue “and other events sold by the club at St Mary’s”, a home cup game is an event sold by the club at St Mary’s.

no doubt more effort will be made to dodge that than was put into the ticket fiasco