Season Tickets

southbourne saint

51 minutes ago, Forester said:

None of our three have arrived.  What a fecking shambles, over £2K spent and having to go down in person and queue to get season tickets

For me what stands out here is the lack of empathy or apology, chap I spoke seemed to think what's the big deal if season ticket doesn't arrive as they can print a one off ticket for you, not thinking that a) you've spent a fortune to purchase these and b) your time spent going down the ground to get a ticket will be a huge inconvenience,  they just shrug their shoulders and get defensive "it's not our fault" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Our two tickets were waiting on the floor when I came back home this afternoon after a few days away.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

For a laugh you should move and sit in one of the unsold £89 padded seats, get one over on them 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

For a laugh you should move and sit in one of the unsold £89 padded seats, get one over on them 

I shall certainly go up the stairs that I have so faithfully trod for over twenty years and push my way past my old seat in order to get to the other side. I would definitely not encourage anybody to make some fake bird poo and take it in a squeezy bottle in order to decorate the new padding on the seats. Such an action would be childish and grossly irresponsible 👹

https://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7533633_make-fake-bird-poop.html

Edited by Whitey Grandad
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JRM said:

For me what stands out here is the lack of empathy or apology, chap I spoke seemed to think what's the big deal if season ticket doesn't arrive as they can print a one off ticket for you, not thinking that a) you've spent a fortune to purchase these and b) your time spent going down the ground to get a ticket will be a huge inconvenience,  they just shrug their shoulders and get defensive "it's not our fault" 

After 55 years of mixed emotions I am rapidly falling out of love with this club. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow they can F.O. until they get their f...ing act together. Probably in league 1 the way their mismanagement is going.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I shall certainly go up the stairs that I have so faithfully trod for over twenty years and push my way past my old seat in order to get to the other side. I would definitely not encourage anybody to make some fake bird poo and take it in a squeezy bottle in order to decorate the new padding on the seats. Such an action would be childish and grossly irresponsible 👹

https://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7533633_make-fake-bird-poop.html

I really don't understand this silly attitude towards the seats for hard arses.

I mean, why fake bird poo.

3 minutes ago, steve green said:

I really don't understand this silly attitude towards the seats for hard arses.

I mean, why fake bird poo.

I have no problems with the padding. It’s the fact that we have sat in those seats for twenty years and now the club have priced us out of them and that the people who will be sitting in them will be plastics who have no interest in Saints and will only be there to watch the opposition. I hope they choke on their prawn sandwiches.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I have no problems with the padding. It’s the fact that we have sat in those seats for twenty years and now the club have priced us out of them and that the people who will be sitting in them will be plastics who have no interest in Saints and will only be there to watch the opposition. I hope they choke on their prawn sandwiches.

I absolutely agree.

Sorry, I was suggesting real poo might be more suitable, should've used one of those emoji thingys the young 'uns like these days.

My hens are happy to donate.

• Like 3

The most annoying thing about this shambles is the lack of shame, care, problem solving, or admission of failure from the club. No solutions are being offered other than standing in line for a replacement. 

How about e-tickets as a one-off, or an option to download from the website and print at home, or open the TO for extended hours this week to spread the demand and make it more convenient?

Nah, not their fault so not their problem to solve, it seems. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Any company that uses a third party to provide a service and then blames said third party makes me irate. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chocolate Box said:

After 55 years of mixed emotions I am rapidly falling out of love with this club. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow they can F.O. until they get their f...ing act together. Probably in league 1 the way their mismanagement is going.

I agree. On principal I won’t go and queue for a day ticket. I don’t want to go that badly I’m afraid. It’s the lack of any apology that gets me, just assuming I will trot along in my own time probably in the rain tomorrow and queue up to get what’s already mine that they failed to deliver. No thanks. 

This idea that if you apologise it’s a weakness is wrong and a dangerous mentality to get into. A very corporate thing.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chocolate Box said:

Sad to read posts like this, reminds me of Whitey Grandad post about being told their seats for last 20 years are now premium "padded" ones costing £200 more like it or lump it, complete lack of respect for long standing customers. Ironically they are probably targeted with increasing revenue but reality is they might get a few casual fans in for big games but are losing goodwill with long standing loyal "customers" 

Hopefully everyone else receives tickets in the post today. 

• Like 3

Mine has not arrived, rather peed off.

They can't just email people paper tickets and expect people to waste their time and be massively inconvenienced because of their mistake.

And to not be apologetic to add to insult or offering compensation of some sort (free drink whatever)

• Like 2

My ticket arrived. My dad's in Hedge End didn't, he even went to the sorting office where they had piles of season tickets waiting to be delivered, they looked for his... Not there. He's now at the stadium. Said 100s in the queue infront of him, been told will be at least 3 hour wait. Clubs a shambles

• Like 1

The tickets were late arriving from China which is why they weren’t sent out earlier. They were all in the Royal Mail system by Tuesday by First Class Post but Royal Mail are having their own problems at the moment which doesn’t help.

What is important to know is that if anybody has collected a paper ticket from the stadium then the season ticket card will not be valid for the game tomorrow. The paper ticket supersedes the smart card.

51 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

My ticket arrived. My dad's in Hedge End didn't, he even went to the sorting office where they had piles of season tickets waiting to be delivered, they looked for his... Not there. He's now at the stadium. Said 100s in the queue infront of him, been told will be at least 3 hour wait. Clubs a shambles

Not like it's pouring with rain either , anyone queueing that long in this weather deserves to see a win tomorrow to reward them. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question….but what’s the point of the mobile ticket (which I’ve printed/saved on my phone)? Can it be used to get in? Or do I still have to queue tomorrow since I’ve not received my ST? I’m in north Kent so it’s not like I can get down for 9.30 and then go home before the game….

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, they sold our seats to somebody else before we were invited to renew. No apology, no explanation, no offer of decent alternative seats, no sign of contrition by the blokes on the phone or the club via e-mail exchanges. ST holder for endless years yet that's how little they care about us/you as an individual

So, hard as it was we stuck two fingers up at them and walked away. Sod that for a game of soldiers, they can eff off and find other mugs to fill their bloody stadium.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Wayman said:

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, they sold our seats to somebody else before we were invited to renew. No apology, no explanation, no offer of decent alternative seats, no sign of contrition by the blokes on the phone or the club via e-mail exchanges. ST holder for endless years yet that's how little they care about us/you as an individual

So, hard as it was we stuck two fingers up at them and walked away. Sod that for a game of soldiers, they can eff off and find other mugs to fill their bloody stadium.

Sell Everything: Cut Your Income Off To Spite Your Retirement | Seeking  Alpha

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question….but what’s the point of the mobile ticket (which I’ve printed/saved on my phone)? Can it be used to get in? Or do I still have to queue tomorrow since I’ve not received my ST? I’m in north Kent so it’s not like I can get down for 9.30 and then go home before the game….

12 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Sell Everything: Cut Your Income Off To Spite Your Retirement | Seeking  Alpha

21 minutes ago, JRM said:

Not like it's pouring with rain either , anyone queueing that long in this weather deserves to see a win tomorrow to reward them. 

It took just over an hour and a half in the end. Said queue is bigger now than when he arrived. Its going to be bedlam tomorrow down there

1 minute ago, southbourne saint said:

I started this thread on the 5th August thinking they should have arrived or at least some updates from the club. Maybe I was a bit early. Mine arrived today. No way to run any business. Started supporting the Saints in the mid 60s never felt more disconnected and unvalued.

Totally agree. They have a lot of making up to do in my opinion. Certainly won’t be renewing next season unless they do.

18 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

Yes pal this can be used to get into the ground, as long as there is a scannable QR code on the ticket you will be fine. Kicking myself that I didn't pick the mobile ticket option now.

• Like 1

What a shambles, the least the club can do is offer some form of compensation - think of the hundreds if not more who's Sunday morning plans are now ruined because they have to queue to collect their season ticket.

I suspect it will be hollow words of "we are sorry, this is not our fault, thanks for your patience".

Now imagine if our first home game was last week, we still made a mess of it with an additional 1 week. 

Nothing arrived with today's mail. My wife has agreed to check at the main office in Wimborne in case it's lurking there.

I've booked an early train from bournemouth so I can get a taxi to the ticket office about 1030 tomorrow.

This instead of my usual lazy limp through town enjoying a beer or three on the way.

I know Sh*t happens but the casual way the club have dealt with this is rather sad.

But never mind, at times during this year I would've walked across hot coals and razor blades to experience a live Saints game. So up the Saints and regardless of ticket office woes, and even the score, I'm going to ruddy enjoy this. So there!

• Like 1

I live in the north now and gave my premium Kingsland ST up when we moved. I get to a decent amount of games each season (COVID aside) but I have also bought a couple of ST’s at Crewe for this season. Premium seats for my lad and I were £400 - this is just over £17 a game for the pair of us. 
Yes it’s not Premier League but then there isn’t any of the PL BS. It’s old school and was like Saints was years ago - you feel like a fan, you get treated like a fan and you’re certainly not ripped off. Chuck in 3pm KO’s, no VAR and not having to take a loan out to buy a pie and pint, we’re thoroughly enjoying it. 

• Like 2

They could at least keep ticket office open 24/7 until tomorrow. If I ran that operation would hang my head in shame. Probably wouldn’t keep my job either. Shitshow

also someone should be walking the queue advising of mobile ticket options

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

I live in the north now and gave my premium Kingsland ST up when we moved. I get to a decent amount of games each season (COVID aside) but I have also bought a couple of ST’s at Crewe for this season. Premium seats for my lad and I were £400 - this is just over £17 a game for the pair of us. 
Yes it’s not Premier League but then there isn’t any of the PL BS. It’s old school and was like Saints was years ago - you feel like a fan, you get treated like a fan and you’re certainly not ripped off. Chuck in 3pm KO’s, no VAR and not having to take a loan out to buy a pie and pint, we’re thoroughly enjoying it. 

Off topic but I met a Crewe season ticket holder last night who said Kayne Ramsey has been doing well for them. Does that match your view?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangkoksaint said:

Stopped in Crewe on the way to Wigan in the FA Cup 2018, was good, saw them play Coventry so noisy away following , not much from Crewe other than one bloke behind me who spent all game singing "oh South Cheshire, is wonderful, oh South Cheshire is wonderful, it's full of tits, fanny and The Alex, oh South Cheshire is wonderful " , hope he's still there. 

• Like 1