Season Tickets

southbourne saint

3 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

I have this doomsday vision of thousands of us queuing up at the ticket office on Sunday. Also think its a bit much that for three Newcastle tickets all posted to the same address I have been charged an additional £4.50.

And I bet they won’t delay kick off either - madness!

2 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

I believe that the ticket office was only open a couple of days a week during lock-down. Not sure what the staffing situation was. The situation regarding crowds back into grounds has been a bit fluid until recently, so I am not sure that the situation has been quite as simple as you highly jocular post would make out. As long as my ST arrives before Sunday I will be happy....or I could just find something else to moan about...

Not so fluid that it stopped them collecting the remaining funds for season tickets back in mid July.........

39 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

I have this doomsday vision of thousands of us queuing up at the ticket office on Sunday. Also think its a bit much that for three Newcastle tickets all posted to the same address I have been charged an additional £4.50.

The booking for for 4 x Everton tickets was only £4, seems that's not enough to cover their work performed then that they have increased it 50% already this season!

Our ticket office are pathetic and the online ticket site is even worse. Who the hell is in charge of this utter shambles? It’s like they think they’re doing us a favour to actually send out our home/away tickets which is their poxy job. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ericie said:

The management and issuing of Season Tickets has been outsourced this time to a separate company I believe. However it’s the staff at the TO that are getting all the abuse, a lot of abuse!

Not sure of your point here. I have paid SFC over £600 for my season tickets not the third party party, therefore it is SFC who have the responsibility to get me my season ticket and take the flak if they don't. Perhaps the due diligence to chose the tp was not robust enough or purely based around how cheap they were!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, ericie said:

The management and issuing of Season Tickets has been outsourced this time to a separate company I believe. However it’s the staff at the TO that are getting all the abuse, a lot of abuse!

Of course they are getting all the abuse. They have one job- to ensure tickets are issued to those that have paid for them.

How they choose to do it is their responsibility.

14 hours ago, ericie said:

If I sell £600 worth of my product to one of my customers and DPD fail to deliver it due to their cockup in reasonable time - my customer doesn't phone DPD they phone me and if the items were required by a specific date I expect to have my ears chewed off. As far as the customer is concerned from placing the order to receiving the goods our transaction is between me and them is end to end regardless of the 3rd party carrier who has failed to deliver mislaid the goods.

So if you are posting that as someone from behind the TO glass or connected to someone in there.......... you are the seller, you've taken the money, and as yet you have failed to deliver the goods in reasonable time having known the deadline of when the season starts, all along not offering a single update to your customer. I'm sorry but in just about any other industry you are going to get the heat from your customer and in this case 15,000 customers (at a guess) there is going to be a sprinkling of abuse............especially when you have their money in your bank account.    

Edited by John Boy Saint
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

I can't believe they've managed to make the ticketing site worse than it has been for the last 5 years.  I know many people who have already had problems just trying to buy tickets. it's a complete shambles top to bottom.

For me it reflects on how the club is run from top to bottom, sloppy. 

In recent times there's been several examples, look at the sponsorship and replica shirt shambles, they are a premier league club that are run like a bunch of non-league amateurs 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JRM said:

For me it reflects on how the club is run from top to bottom, sloppy. 

In recent times there's been several examples, look at the sponsorship and replica shirt shambles, they are a premier league club that are run like a bunch of non-league amateurs 

Exactly. I can accept that they don't have the financial backing to compete on the pitch, and it's easy to buy players that just don't fit or whatever, it's not great but I can accept it.

The thing that pisses me off, is the thing that you don't need multi-millions for, like you say, the kits, sponsorship, the tickets, the seat pricing, and communication, even down to the ridiculous booking fee on a £600 product.  It's just incredibly poor from the club.

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Exactly. I can accept that they don't have the financial backing to compete on the pitch, and it's easy to buy players that just don't fit or whatever, it's not great but I can accept it.

The thing that pisses me off, is the thing that you don't need multi-millions for, like you say, the kits, sponsorship, the tickets, the seat pricing, and communication, even down to the ridiculous booking fee on a £600 product.  It's just incredibly poor from the club.

This and the constant refrain that we have such 'brilliant management'...Such as the reference in the Telegraph article on selling Ings about what a great job Semmens has done. The management should invest the same effort in running the club as they do in their own PR via The Telegraph...

• Like 3

My request for info and my clear statement that not providing a season ticket a week into the season would be a breach of our contract requiring reimbursement ( I really regret renewing now) got a response today.

I'm asked to be patient.

I've pointed out some of us have to arrange/pay for travel and don't have the time luxury (or physical stamina) to enjoy the 'ruck' outside the ticket office on matchday. The club had said tickets would be sent out 2 weeks prior to the season start.  I've also pointed out Royal Mail continue to report delays in many areas due to the pingdemic.

I don't think it's unreasonable to crticise Saints on this, no abuse obviously. A Premier League club who seem surprised by the start of, erm, the football season is odd to say the least.

Telling me to be patient is somewhat condescending, nothing in the mail today so just 3 days left. I just want what I've paid for from the people I paid money to weeks ago.

• Like 5

It's all pretty Mickey Mouse. It's not like it's the first time they've ever issued STs. Fortunately I am not going away, so still got 3 more delivery days for tickets to arrive, having ordered them over 1 month ago. 

Edited by angelman

This thread is appalling to read. Why will firms and large public sector providers learn that the cheapest quote isn’t always the best and to conduct due diligence. This will be the first full house for 18 months so ample time to plan. Now what seems likely is an unseemly scramble at the TO on match day, with hundreds if not thousands congregating in a small area which is the last thing that should be happening in the circumstances.

I hope Sky shows pictures if thousands are missing at the start of the match and highlight the appalling way in the which the club is being run top to bottom, not to mention the disorganised shambles on the pitch. It’s as bad as 2008/9 in the incompetence. No Telegraph puff piece will save some of the board this time. 

• Like 1

I just phoned the TO just to see if I need to set off earlier on Sunday should I have to get into the queue at the ticket office to get some means of getting in. There was a recorded message to say they are being despatched in the middle of the week, so as today is hump day I suppose they are leaving now, and will be with us “in good time later in the week”.

Give them another couple of days then I guess - shockingly tin pot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pip said:

I don't check there on a regular basis.  I was hoping they might make a bit more of a personal effort.

Not sticking up for the club in anyway as leaving it till a week before the 1st game to send out tickets is asking for trouble.

However too many fans are quick to moan on twitter , facebook, forums when the answer is on the official website  

• Like 2

This was posted on Club website Monday afternoon.  

Southampton Football Club can confirm that all 2021/22 Season Tickets are being sent out to fans this week ahead of Sunday’s fixture against Manchester United.

Tickets are being sent by first class post and will arrive with supporters later this week, with the Ticket Office opening from 10am-2pm on Saturday 21st August and from 9.30am on the day of the game to answer queries from fans that haven’t received tickets at this point.

Any 2021/22 Season Ticket holders who selected to receive a mobile ticket during the purchase process can log onto their My Saints account to find the Season Ticket QR code – simply head to the Purchase Historysection of your account and select your 2021/22 Season Ticket.

Supporters who purchased their 2021/22 Season Tickets after Wednesday 21st July will receive paper tickets for Sunday's match this week, with their Season Ticket cards to be sent out after the match against Manchester United.

Hospitality clients will be contacted directly by their account managers this week.

We would like to thank fans for their patience and continued support as the club has experienced supply issues with the 2021/22 Season Ticket packs, alongside several other Premier League clubs, and we look forward to welcoming fans back to St Mary’s for Sunday’s match.

• Haha 1

One of the issues was concerns over sharing STs electronically, hence going for a card. However, having gone to The Hundred at the Ageas the other day, I thought that the way you could share tickets electronically would work well at the football (maybe!!). 

Edited by angelman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IFHP said:

Not sticking up for the club in anyway as leaving it till a week before the 1st game to send out tickets is asking for trouble.

However too many fans are quick to moan on twitter , facebook, forums when the answer is on the official website  

If you don’t go on the website everyday you are likely to miss that, especially as the way news presented on the website. Unless you diligently browse the OS every day with the hood up on your anorak, something presented on Monday requires searching back for on Tuesday more intently, that’s if you feel inclined to look at Monday’s stories after losing yet again on the weekend. 
Looking at the media output that spews out of the club there are enough clever clogs in the place to sticky a message about Season Tickets on the the opening page to be seen for the whole week not one day. Especially when every expectant season ticket holder is contacting the club with the same question.

The way media is presented and digested online these days, what’s posted as news at 9am is old news by 17:30 when you are having a browse whilst dunking your rich tea………. At the end of the day it’s still laissez faire customer service, but then it always has been towards season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, LGTL said:

The ticket site is disgusting. They finally mastered it about 2 years ago, and then for some unknown reason, decided to ‘update’ it to the current monstrosity. 

I would struggle to design it any worse. Some feat.  A grandma using Square Space could do better. Need to hand out a few P45s

i am on holiday so no idea if anything has arrived. So looking forward to a glossy brochure with some bollocks strapline and accompanying broach.

Edited by whelk

Postie just been, no ticket.

I don't know where the tickets/cards are being sent from but a first class letter sent from Birmingham on Sat only arrived this morning.

The club are certainly introducing a little suspense and tension into this.

If anyone gets the card delivered maybe they could let us know, and when the blooming thing was posted. Ta.

13 hours ago, LGTL said:

The ticket site is disgusting. They finally mastered it about 2 years ago, and then for some unknown reason, decided to ‘update’ it to the current monstrosity. 

It's incredible that they have made it worse.  It feels like a few summer interns built it.

If my cards do not arrive tomorrow I will make it clear to Saints what action I am going to take. I am certainly not going to join a queue of thousands of people at the ticket office on Sunday. I shall print off my proof of purchase for three season tickets and I will expect to be let in.

Maybe the TO performance is much worse for season ticket holders. Even before the pandemic, work commitments meant that I couldn't get to many matches, so I've never had a season ticket. However, I had an e-mail last week saying that my purchase history made me eligible for Man U tickets. Discussed it with my lad on Sunday & decided we would go. Went onto the ticketing site, selected 2 tickets behind the goal in the Chapel End & paid for them. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. When I confirmed the purchase, it said that the tickets would be sent in the post. They dropped onto my doormat first thing Tuesday morning. For me, it really couldn't have been any more efficient.

42 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

Maybe the TO performance is much worse for season ticket holders. Even before the pandemic, work commitments meant that I couldn't get to many matches, so I've never had a season ticket. However, I had an e-mail last week saying that my purchase history made me eligible for Man U tickets. Discussed it with my lad on Sunday & decided we would go. Went onto the ticketing site, selected 2 tickets behind the goal in the Chapel End & paid for them. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. When I confirmed the purchase, it said that the tickets would be sent in the post. They dropped onto my doormat first thing Tuesday morning. For me, it really couldn't have been any more efficient.

This makes it even more infuriating for season ticket holders, as yours will have been sent out by the ticket office. The ground will probably be filled with Man U supporters, occasional watchers, whilst season ticket holders will be queued up outside whilst the match is going on.

• Like 1

My ST came today. Bit low rent compared to previous years, not that I am complaining as never wanted a pin badge nor silly box. Could have sent a card holder, but still got the ones from previous years. 

EDIT - reading the letter, they had hoped to send a ST pack with the card, but it was out of their control (isn't it always?) and, correctly so, the ticket arriving was more important. 

Edited by angelman

1 hour ago, Jammy Saint said:

This makes it even more infuriating for season ticket holders, as yours will have been sent out by the ticket office. The ground will probably be filled with Man U supporters, occasional watchers, whilst season ticket holders will be queued up outside whilst the match is going on.

I ordered an extra ticket for my grandson and it was delivered the following day but my ST has not yet arrived !

A total shit show....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said:

Ticket office manager should be fired. Completely incompetent. 

I'm just wondering whether the issues beyond the clubs control were the cards themselves. These new ones are a fair bit flimsier (but no doubt will do the job more than adequately) and let's face it, the world has gone mad recently. There are shortages in pretty much everything.

However, I stand by what I said earlier, in that if the club had been clearer about an electronic type ticket like they use in The Hundred that you can share (ie transfer to another mobile) super easily, then I reckon many would have gone that route. 

23 hours ago, IFHP said:

So, 6 postal days before one of the most popular fixtures, and the first one at home after lockdown, they eventually take action with a notice after the fans have been complaining (quite legitimately) for several days prior to that. The statement is mealy mouthed, and as far as I am concerned, insincere, they have virtually been forced to tell us what is going on. Whoever is making these decisions clearly is not earning their wages in a professional manner. They managed to request both parts of the season ticket renewals by email and website before the ticketing system was able to carry out the functions (I know, I tried), and this was to collect the cash weeks in advance of the delivery of services. Amateurish Shambles hardly begins to describe it. I wouldn't ever buy the overpriced merchandise that is routinely touted, but I bet that process works just ticketyboo (couldn't resist the rubbish pun).

The whole ticket office is a disgrace, the online ticket system as others have mentioned how it got made that much worse is crazy. For a premier league club whose main job is to sell tickets to have such an amateurish site in embarrassing.

When I went to sort my tickets out if you want to go back and check something or simply your bank decides it wants to do a fraud check, your whole purchase gets stuck for 15 minutes until it clears. But it doesn't tell you that of course.

Its not like season tickets are a surprise every year they need about 15k cards? The whole operation smacks of find the cheap option everywhere and as usual you get what you pay for.

41 minutes ago, angelman said:

I'm just wondering whether the issues beyond the clubs control were the cards themselves. These new ones are a fair bit flimsier (but no doubt will do the job more than adequately) and let's face it, the world has gone mad recently. There are shortages in pretty much everything.

However, I stand by what I said earlier, in that if the club had been clearer about an electronic type ticket like they use in The Hundred that you can share (ie transfer to another mobile) super easily, then I reckon many would have gone that route. 

maybe but still no excuse. There is a QR code option which also doesnt appear to work

Finally stopped lurking and registered just to post in this thread.

One of three season tickets arrived this morning, for my 11 year old boy. It says on it "Price band: adult" - I must admit I am fearing some sort of screw up here. Still, probably better than my ticket being for an 11 year old, and as long as we have an adult and two kids between us I'll be happy enough (assuming the other two arrive!).