Season Tickets

southbourne saint

2 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, they sold our seats to somebody else before we were invited to renew. No apology, no explanation, no offer of decent alternative seats, no sign of contrition by the blokes on the phone or the club via e-mail exchanges. ST holder for endless years yet that's how little they care about us/you as an individual

So, hard as it was we stuck two fingers up at them and walked away. Sod that for a game of soldiers, they can eff off and find other mugs to fill their bloody stadium.

Where did you sit ?

6 minutes ago, LGTL said:

They are an absolute disgrace, not even a hint of an apology. Wankers.

Could Saints have done more to piss off their fans this summer? 

Sell best player to Aston Villa - tick

Move loyal fans from their season ticket spot of 20 years to make way for premium padded £89 plus booking fee (haha 😀) - tick 

Fail to deliver season tickets that we paid for weeks ago, ask you to queue up for hours without an apology whilst blaming a 3rd party - tick 

I'm sure there's more I've missed. 

I remember under Pellegrino a couple of lads being banned for lobbing their season tickets at him after another home defeat, would be funny if that happens again tomorrow after queueing for so long to get the ticket. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ant said:

Looks like we just need for the cards that have been received to not scan through to really complete the clusterfuck.

Yes can see that happening! Card won't scan mate, confused looking steward "you'll have to queue up and speak to the ticket office about that I'm afraid" 

1 hour ago, ant said:

Looks like we just need for the cards that have been received to not scan through to really complete the clusterfuck.

Update here is that no post came today, so as a final act of desperation I went up to the sorting office before it shut at 2. Hallelujah! Our remaining tickets were there! They were extremely helpful, actually, and it turns out no one in our immediate area has had any post for two days due to absences. So maybe some culpability for the PO there, but that is exactly why you don't leave it until the last minute to send these things out - and the response (such that it is) from the club has been apalling. I am curious to see just how big the queue is going to be tomorrow..

On the subject of dodgy cards - my eldest son's card is listed as adult, and mine is listed as U18. How they managed to get this wrong since our details haven't changed on the website for at least 3 years is beyond me, but between us we have an U11, U18 and an adult so that is good enough for me. It does have a whiff of cock up about it tho.. and no, I won't be putting any time or effort into trying to get the tickets changed. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

I presume they have had the decency to stay open beyond the planned 14:00 closing time? (although wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't). 

Is it still open? You can imagine them pulling the shutters down at 2 with long queues being turned away. 

There are worldwide problems with RFID circuits at the moment. Even production of cars is affected preventing delivery of those that use a wireless key ‘experience’.

These smart cards are so cheap that I would have kept a stockpile of blank cards and printed them myself if I were in charge.

37 minutes ago, Saintsfanuk said:

Is there a reason they can't just give us one ticket to use for every season and just reload them when we buy the next season. Would save a lot of hassle and wastage of old ones and having to post out thousands each year.

I asked that but apparently it’s so that they can put the sponsor’s name on the ticket.

Yeah, me too.

• Like 1

I sent a stinky email to Ticket office this afternoon saying I wasn’t prepared to queue for hours with grandchildren especially if things started kicking off the closer we got to 2pm and requesting a refund for this match. I’ve just received an email from the club saying they will send me 3 e tickets in the morning - result.

(except I’ve told the kids we aren’t going and one has booked to go trampolining instead!)

3 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I wouldnt give them the job in the first place, nowhere near enough experience 

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2020/06/17/southampton-appoints-secutix-enhance-fan-experience/

Can someone translate that for me? 

Matt Silvester, head of ticketing, membership and hospitality at Southampton, said: “The Secutix platform allows us to deliver a more bespoke customer platform that will ensure our fans enjoy the very best experience, from a transformational customer journey through to a more flexible account facility.

6 hours ago, JRM said:

Could Saints have done more to piss off their fans this summer? 

Sell best player to Aston Villa - tick

Move loyal fans from their season ticket spot of 20 years to make way for premium padded £89 plus booking fee (haha 😀) - tick 

Fail to deliver season tickets that we paid for weeks ago, ask you to queue up for hours without an apology whilst blaming a 3rd party - tick 

I'm sure there's more I've missed. 

I remember under Pellegrino a couple of lads being banned for lobbing their season tickets at him after another home defeat, would be funny if that happens again tomorrow after queueing for so long to get the ticket. 

It’s been a master class in how to piss off your fanbase. I’m sure the marketing graduates in their brainstorming sessions think they’re doing a great job but it would a struggle to have have done a worse job this summer

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

It’s been a master class in how to piss off your fanbase. I’m sure the marketing graduates in their brainstorming sessions think they’re doing a great job but it would a struggle to have have done a worse job this summer

I forgot to add it was off the back of one of the worst run of results in the clubs history 

22 minutes ago, JRM said:

Matt Silvester, head of ticketing, membership and hospitality at Southampton, said: “The Secutix platform allows us to deliver a more bespoke customer platform that will ensure our fans enjoy the very best experience, from a transformational customer journey through to a more flexible account facility.

Well that’s cleared that up 😵💫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JRM said:

And to think that someone gets paid to write that bollox.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

And to think that someone gets paid to write that bollox.

"transformational customer journey"

Or in my case leaving home 3hrs earlier and enjoying a delightful character building experience in the ticket office queue.

F-ing idiots.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, steve green said:

"transformational customer journey"

Or in my case leaving home 3hrs earlier and enjoying a delightful character building experience in the ticket office queue.

F-ing idiots.

Sounds Krugeristic to me, Is Silvester a disciple of the f...wit?

Southampton Football Club, have always been a joke when it comes to this sort of thing. What have they been doing with these season tickets? You can still post them out even if fans were not allowed in the ground or whatever lame excuse they are using. You send them out to paying customers and if circumstances change, then you adjust and communicate to them what is happening. 

what is the reason for them screwing up anyway?  What is there excuse? Is it COVID? Is it Brexit? Whatever it is we all know it’s bollox. 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Be interesting to know if this clown has been on the shop floor maning the ticket office over the last few days to atone for his monumental #uck up. Expect not - probably been sat in his office playing solitaire. 

29 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Southampton Football Club, have always been a joke when it comes to this sort of thing. What have they been doing with these season tickets? You can still post them out even if fans were not allowed in the ground or whatever lame excuse they are using. You send them out to paying customers and if circumstances change, then you adjust and communicate to them what is happening. 

what is the reason for them screwing up anyway?  What is there excuse? Is it COVID? Is it Brexit? Whatever it is we all know it’s bollox. 

They were ordered from China some time ago but have been delayed and delayed and have only very recently arrived.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, aintforever said:

The club is a mess. I’ve had dealt with them in a professional capacity for years now and they are always a disorganised, penny pinching disaster. And a bunch of arrogant twats to go with it.

Interesting point 

tickets delayed due to a supplier 

but why is it a mess ? Bold statement … I like Martin S, and they seem to do the right thing through COVID .. they supported the community, dished out meals … recruited well in their budget .. and kits seem to have finally landed well.. and they got Hummel back .. so why a mess ?? 

2 minutes ago, London Saint 82 said:

but why is it a mess ? Bold statement … I like Martin S, and they seem to do the right thing through COVID .. they supported the community, dished out meals … recruited well in their budget .. and kits seem to have finally landed well.. and they got Hummel back .. so why a mess ?? 

It's a mess IMO because they obviously didn't have any sort of contingency plan, they knew the tickets were delayed and - presumably - were aware that the postal service is not working as well as it usually does. They have failed to acknowledge the true state of the problem or to offer any sort of reasonable solution, as evidenced by opening just a few ticket booths today for only 4 hours (I don't know if they ended up extending). There could have been other solutions that would have been a lot less hassle for the fans - e.g. issuing e-tickets, or printable paper tickets - but they haven't done any of this, or even issued any sort of apology to those affected.

Tomorrow could be total chaos unless they really pull their fingers out - I suspect any "savings" made by using a cheaper Chinese supplier will be more than lost in refunds issued.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattster said:

It's a mess IMO because they obviously didn't have any sort of contingency plan, they knew the tickets were delayed and - presumably - were aware that the postal service is not working as well as it usually does. They have failed to acknowledge the true state of the problem or to offer any sort of reasonable solution, as evidenced by opening just a few ticket booths today for only 4 hours (I don't know if they ended up extending). There could have been other solutions that would have been a lot less hassle for the fans - e.g. issuing e-tickets, or printable paper tickets - but they haven't done any of this, or even issued any sort of apology to those affected.

Tomorrow could be total chaos unless they really pull their fingers out - I suspect any "savings" made by using a cheaper Chinese supplier will be more than lost in refunds issued.

Yes mate - they must be the only club / company that went through a procurement process and got a Chinese supplier … should have gone for the most expensive ! Idiot !

Your off your rocker!

And to think that they have not even thought of other solutions ! Yea sure they sit there … what to do! 

i got my ticket two days ago but suspect yes they got let down … like supermarkets got let down , and other businesses have been 

why do so many fans wish the club - their club - to fail. Why ? Get behind the team, the club - and this is annoying but maybe just maybe it’s out if their control …!? Sums up our fans when they seem to be sooo down beat? 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Mattster said:

Btw five booths were open today … did you even visit ?

11 hours ago, aintforever said:

The club is a mess. I’ve had dealt with them in a professional capacity for years now and they are always a disorganised, penny pinching disaster. And a bunch of arrogant twats to go with it.

Most football clubs are once you go beyond the main product - most of the arrogance comes from knowing your core customer base isn’t going away like Sainsbury’s customers might suddenly switch to Tesco because the bread is better. 
Good few years ago I was selling a product that was beyond perfect for club shops - I was told to stay well away by the MD

12 hours ago, London Saint 82 said:

nd to think that they have not even thought of other solutions ! Yea sure they sit there … what to do!

why do so many fans wish the club - their club - to fail. Why ?

Except they didnt come up with any solution, or apologise, or make any contingency. No fan has wished the club to fail on this, but they have.. 

I reckon you're on your own with your view.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

“I’ve had dealt with them” what the fuck does that mean? 

Everybody else realised they changed their mind as they did a quick post on  their phone. Why don't you see if you can work out the two potential phrases by yourself?

5 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Everybody else realised they changed their mind as they did a quick post on  their phone. Why don't you see if you can work out the two potential phrases by yourself?

Time for this. The man who invented predictive text died.

His funfair is next monkey. May he rust in piss

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Except they didnt come up with any solution, or apologise, or make any contingency. No fan has wished the club to fail on this, but they have.. 

I reckon you're on your own with your view.

Spot on. An apology, acknowledge they have cocked this up and an email to all season tickets with a print at home ticket attached. 

Not exactly difficult really. 

24 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What on earth was going on before KO. What an absolute fucking shambles. Steward told me it was my fault for turning up so late. I told him “I’ve turned up the same time for 20 fucking years. Clowns

Sky said something about club refunding general admission tickets? 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What on earth was going on before KO. What an absolute fucking shambles. Steward told me it was my fault for turning up so late. I told him “I’ve turned up the same time for 20 fucking years. Clowns

tbf I thought you were at fault for their equalizer as well 😉