Season Tickets

southbourne saint

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Just the traditional smart card as far as we know.

I would check mate, I have had mine digitally through the App for weeks, with a barcode to scan at the turnstiles

Edited by shken77

2 hours ago, shken77 said:

I would check mate, I have had mine digitally through the App for weeks, with a barcode to scan at the turnstiles

Nope. Not me. Are you sure that's your season ticket? All the answers that I have had from the Ticket Office have said that they will be sent out any day soon.

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Nope. Not me. Are you sure that's your season ticket? All the answers that I have had from the Ticket Office have said that they will be sent out any day soon.

I think that my son had the choice of an actual season ticket or to download it onto his phone digitally. He went the digital route and got this as soon as he paid for his several weeks ago.

Not received mine and if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I wont be able to get it before the Utd

I have no option to download it on the app or website 

Can't get through on the phone either!

I've tried emailing them instead!!  

13 minutes ago, John D said:

Not received mine and if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I wont be able to get it before the Utd

Likewise. I have just checked my account and eventually found this information:

"This order includes tickets loaded onto RFID card(s). Please make sure you have written down the ticket's information, or print this page."

33 minutes ago, John D said:

everything seems last minute at the moment

only received my Everton tickets today, two days before the game !

7 hours ago, oldsarum said:

everything seems last minute at the moment

only received my Everton tickets today, two days before the game !

And no ticket news for Newcastle only a couple of weeks away. 

Did you see Chelsea might cancel some season ticket holder seats for this weekend as the firm installing new seats haven't completed the job on time, crazy really when it's been 18 months.

Spoke to the season ticket office. Basically they can’t guarantee that all fans will receive their tickets before the man united game. So you will to go to the ticket office beforehand. Tickets being handled by a third party. Bit of a shambles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Likewise. I have just checked my account and eventually found this information:

"This order includes tickets loaded onto RFID card(s). Please make sure you have written down the ticket's information, or print this page."

I, too, have this information buried away on my account. It wasn’t an easy find.

Navigating the site is always confusing. Incredible as UX is not that hard and whoever Saints use for their deign clearly done no research into why customer are visiting and what they want. Cannot find much at all about my season ticket other than I have completed purchase.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

I don't suppose anybody knows how to put tickets on the Exchange when we cannot go?

From memory I think it only opens for sold out / nearly sold out fixtures (annoyingly)!

Edit: Just found this link: https://www.southamptonfc.com/season-tickets/faqs/faqs/membership-and-season-ticket-faqs

Other benefits include:

- Ticket exchange facility for sold out fixtures

Edited by Saint-Reece
Added link

13 hours ago, The Cat said:

Logged into my ticket account and it had this info next to the tickets.

We go away on Monday and aren't back until after the Man Utd game so I was hoping to give them to friends.

Screenshot_20210812-211554.jpg

Shambles isn't it mate, and no chance of selling back on the exchange unless the game sells out which looks very unlikely at the moment. 

4 hours ago, JRM said:

Shambles isn't it mate, and no chance of selling back on the exchange unless the game sells out which looks very unlikely at the moment. 

Absolutely. Ridiculous they can't get that organised in good time. I'm sure there will be plenty of people in my situation who will be away and can't now give the tickets to friends. 

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Absolutely. Ridiculous they can't get that organised in good time. I'm sure there will be plenty of people in my situation who will be away and can't now give the tickets to friends. 

Lateness doing everything, Everton tickets went on sale short notice , I know some who received tickets yesterday and some who hadn't received, no one seems to know what is happening with season tickets, pre-season we had to go down and get new tickets as they'd sold Kingsland then decided they wouldn't open it and inconvenienced fans had to queue up for replacement tickets in Itchen. Is there still a Saints voice panel? Sort of thing they should try to get some answers on. 

You back in time for Newport? 

For anyone awaiting their smartcard, can you switch over to the mobile ticket (basically just a QR code) on the website?  This should then be available as an immediate download.

The mobile ticket isn’t particularly mobile as you can’t easily import it into Apple Wallet on an iPhone.  It’s a PDF you need to store somewhere on your phone.  

The while website, particularly the ticket site, is very poor - not user friendly, difficult to navigate and very outdated looking.  The App isn’t much better as it’s just a website bolted onto the app.

Edited by Scottish-Saint

1 minute ago, JRM said:

Lateness doing everything, Everton tickets went on sale short notice , I know some who received tickets yesterday and some who hadn't received, no one seems to know what is happening with season tickets, pre-season we had to go down and get new tickets as they'd sold Kingsland then decided they wouldn't open it and inconvenienced fans had to queue up for replacement tickets in Itchen. Is there still a Saints voice panel? Sort of thing they should try to get some answers on. 

You back in time for Newport? 

I remember when our ticket office was decent. Is it still even run by us or outsourced as I can't imagine the club can be happy with the current situation.

We come back from Wales on 23rd which includes driving past Newport so I'm not driving straight back there the next day. If the game is on the Wednesday I'll probably go if you fancy a lift?

5 minutes ago, Scottish-Saint said:

For anyone awaiting their smartcard, can you switch over to the mobile ticket (basically just a QR code) on the website?  This should be an immediate download.

The mobile ticket isn’t particularly mobile as you can’t easily import it into Apple Wallet on an iPhone.  It’s a PDF you need to store somewhere on your phone.  

The while website, particularly the ticket site, is very poor - not user friendly, difficult to navigate and very outdated looking.  The App isn’t much better as it’s just a website bolted onto the app.

I tried to see if I could do that but our ticket website is even more frustrating than the team.

If anyone works out how to do it let me know!

30 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I remember when our ticket office was decent. Is it still even run by us or outsourced as I can't imagine the club can be happy with the current situation.

We come back from Wales on 23rd which includes driving past Newport so I'm not driving straight back there the next day. If the game is on the Wednesday I'll probably go if you fancy a lift?

Yes mate I'll drop you a message once ticket details announced, at the moment still a chance might be away with family myself,  would be a shame to miss this opportunity for a new ground though. 

I got this : "This order includes tickets loaded onto RFID card(s). Please make sure you have written down the ticket's information, or print this page."

Being a long term season ticket holder (old) I have no idea what a RFID card means and quite frankly don't want to. Why not just send us the bloody season tickets ?

• Like 3

Sent email to box office last night (12th) and received this today (13th) - not much use and factually incorrect standard email quoting still 2 weeks before Man U….!

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

Fulfilment for our season tickets is being made by a third party supplier and cards will be sent over the next week. With 2 weeks before the match against Manchester United, you should have this in plenty of time ahead of the match. We shall update supporters once we have confirmation of the dispatch

We look forward to seeing you at St Marys soon.

Kind regards,

1 hour ago, Kingsland Red said:

I got this : "This order includes tickets loaded onto RFID card(s). Please make sure you have written down the ticket's information, or print this page."

Being a long term season ticket holder (old) I have no idea what a RFID card means and quite frankly don't want to. Why not just send us the bloody season tickets ?

RFID means Radio Frequency IDentification and is the way that almost all contactless cards are read electronically, especially debit and credit cards.

Basically it means the same sort of season ticket cards that we have been using for the past few seasons. Calling the process a ‘download’ is misleading. The card is your identifier. When you buy a ticket for a game the turnstile system is notified that your card is a valid ticket/pass to get into the ground. No information is actually sent onto the card itself.

• Like 1

Anybody actually had their season tickets yet? There could be nightmare queues at the Ticket Office if thousands of us are still waiting come next Sunday. Unnecessary stress and rubbish customer service. The whole ticket purchasing section of the website needs an upgrade. Far too confusing and inefficient.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jameslastfan said:

Sent email to box office last night (12th) and received this today (13th) - not much use and factually incorrect standard email quoting still 2 weeks before Man U….!

Good morning,

Fulfilment for our season tickets is being made by a third party supplier and cards will be sent over the next week. With 2 weeks before the match against Manchester United, you should have this in plenty of time ahead of the match. We shall update supporters once we have confirmation of the dispatch

Kind regards,

Apart from the fact the game isn't 2 weeks away, it's 8 days from when you were sent the email. You "should" have it in plenty of time. Not will have it. It's really bad service.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, jameslastfan said:

Good morning,

Kind regards,

I've defended the T.O. a little during the plague year but this is getting silly, especially with C19 pass/tests checks supposedly to be done.

The emailing from the club has always been flaky for me, adverts fine, anything else forget it.

They also smugly suggest you're not checking your spam or haven't agreed for notifications, y'know like after you've been doing it repeatedly for 3yrs.

I'm not travelling from Dorset on just the off chance of getting in.

I've had my jabs, downloaded the NHS pass app, paid my money months ago.

Only now it seems just to see if I can fight my way to the ticket office and get there early enough to sort something out.  Makes the Dell in 1978 look easy, even if you did have to get past the evil car park attendant.

FFS its not like they havent known the bloody season starts mid August, they've even had a weeks grace by being away first.

Yes, yes i know the uncertainty with Covid but they were quick enough to claim the balance by mid-July, in return a bloody season ticket card wouldnt have been too much to ask.  

I bet the padded seat brigade have been looked after 🤣

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

"Are being sent out".. not 'were' or 'have been'... Why do I get a nervous feeling about all this? I'll post when (if?) I get mine..

Fans seem to be an inconvenience for them. I was told if you don't receive they'll sort out a ticket to collect at the ticket office on the day, that's terrible service, imagine potentially thousands of fans having to do that pre match. 

Newport away - ticket details will "be announced later this week" , the game is next Wednesday! Leaving them hardly any time to post them. 

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You have to remember chaps the ticket office have been sitting on their arses playing solitare on their PCs for the last 18 months, suddenly having to do some work must be a huge culture shock

I believe that the ticket office was only open a couple of days a week during lock-down. Not sure what the staffing situation was. The situation regarding crowds back into grounds has been a bit fluid until recently, so I am not sure that the situation has been quite as simple as you highly jocular post would make out. As long as my ST arrives before Sunday I will be happy....or I could just find something else to moan about...

7 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I believe that the ticket office was only open a couple of days a week during lock-down. Not sure what the staffing situation was. The situation regarding crowds back into grounds has been a bit fluid until recently, so I am not sure that the situation has been quite as simple as you highly jocular post would make out. As long as my ST arrives before Sunday I will be happy....or I could just find something else to moan about...

Well considering we haven't played one yet and we are 5 days away from the first home game of the season with people still not got season tickets that doesn't seem be the case. Did tickets for next weeks away game at Newcastle only go on sale today?

Edited by Turkish

Nope, got an email telling me they're being sent out this week though.  Guessing we'll get a paper ticket if it doesn't arrive. I know plenty who are going away and wont be home now between now and the game. 

Newcastle tickets only put on sales today for next weekend.  Same with Newport away tickets, "on sale at some point this week"...it's not great is it...

40 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Nope, got an email telling me they're being sent out this week though.  Guessing we'll get a paper ticket if it doesn't arrive. I know plenty who are going away and wont be home now between now and the game. 

Newcastle tickets only put on sales today for next weekend.  Same with Newport away tickets, "on sale at some point this week"...it's not great is it...

Their attitude seems to be "what's the problem you should have it by end of week, if not we've said we'll issue you a ticket at the ticket office" as if that makes it OK, like you I know 3 separate fans who are away and were planning to pass on tickets so friends could go. Just not good enough really, does this Saints Voice fans group still exist? 

Need that classic pic of angry fans returning their season tickets 10 years ago.