Lyanco

Saint Matty 76

33 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Seen a few articles linking us to him. Was a flop at Everton but probably better than Lyanco

The Mail reported last week that we were having discussions with him.

He was left out of Everton's pre season squad. 

He's only 6 foot. Is he someone that is going to be dominant at set pieces - which is something we lack IMO. 

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Haha - No.

We don't want you to compromise your sources, so if you could just give us the first five letters of his first name and the last seven letters of his surname that should work for all parties?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

We're getting £6m for him

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Blimey we’re doing a Liverpool and selling our crap players for decent money. Anything over £5 million for Aribo and I’d be happy too.  Glad Lyanco Is going, he was never going to be good enough even though I liked his moxy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the assist against Man City, leaking the away kit and showing heart on the pitch.

However, mares against Grimsby and another on the weekend against Goztepe meant a promotion seeking team couldn't go into the season with him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, waterlooville saint said:

I'm in the "quite liked him" camp. Yes he has made the odd error, but he has also scored a few and at least he looked like he was trying and actually cared when we lost, which is more than can be said about a number of other players last season.

I'm with you, but ultimately I think we liked him because we reckon that's how we would be if we were taken out of the stands and thrown on the pitch in an emergency (all heart, but with limited talent).  I also reckon if he wan't a cool sounding / looking Brazilian then we would have been much quicker to denounce him.

Best of luck Lyanco, there were far bigger culprits than you last season. 

• Like 1

I said he wasn't a very good defender after the first game he played for us. Nothing I saw since has changed my mind. I had hoped that, over time, he would, as Fonte did, eradicate some of his recklessness, but I am not sure if that will ever happen. It certainly won't here, unless of course he doesn't meet whatever criteria has been set that obliges Besiktas to buy him after the loan. 

For someone that supposedly loved being a Saints, he seems very happy to depart. Talk is often cheap.

• Like 1

We signed a defender that stood out as particularly poor in a shocking Torino side. It's not his fault it didn't work out, he should never have been signed in the first place. I really wish that money had gone to getting a high calibre player in a more vital position. Instead of signing Armstrong that season, we could have spent 25m or so on a striker far likely to be successful than both Armstrong or Lyanco. Instead we got dross in both positions. Still, he did try and not his fault he wasn't good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

Thank you for the assist against Man City, leaking the away kit and showing heart on the pitch.

However, mares against Grimsby and another on the weekend against Goztepe meant a promotion seeking team couldn't go into the season with him.

Boy, he was crap in those friendlies. I guess they took him to Goztepe to save on the return fare. I always think of him as a Che. Really useless but he gives it 100% every game. As someone said, if we also get 6m for Aribo, it's starting to look like a successful transfer window!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

For someone that supposedly loved being a Saints, he seems very happy to depart. Talk is often cheap.

Possibly been told by RM that he has no future here? If so, guess he has to weigh up his options. No playing time and pick up a decent wedge, or better opportunity of playing regularly with a little less wedge. 

22 minutes ago, St. Ciervo said:

Didnt he sign and talk about how God brought him here, etc. So maybe God wanted us relegated...damn. Bye, Felicia. 

After Nathan Jones we should maybe avoid people on a mission from God 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Gave 100%, cannot deny that, but so limited and prone to disasters most games.

Glad we've managed to shift him on if i'm honest. If that's him, and potentially Diallo out of the door.....that's massively debloating the squad of the crap we came down with, will be a good start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Possibly been told by RM that he has no future here? If so, guess he has to weigh up his options. No playing time and pick up a decent wedge, or better opportunity of playing regularly with a little less wedge. 

Or he was offered more money and European football at Besiktas and decided England, Southampton and Championship football was not great for his career

6 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Well i didn't, Because what i read is what was written.
It could be wrong though, That is different.

Players will go from Besiktas to Goztepe on loan but not Lyanco. That's what the original tweet said in fairness. 

51 minutes ago, Chez said:

Or he was offered more money and European football at Besiktas and decided England, Southampton and Championship football was not great for his career

Maybe. Are Besiktas known for paying well? I know they are one of the top teams in Turkey, but would be interesting to find out.