Lyanco

Saint Matty 76

Was a strange signing, and despite his effort, he just wasn't up to it. I suspect RM saw enough in the 2 x friendlies to realise that he needed him gone. Good luck to the lad, and hopefully we can bring in a decent upgrade (assuming 1 or 2 more leave that is). 

What summed up Lyanco was in a cup game at home last season. 
We had just equalised and approached half time their forward was in corner going nowhere but Lyanco bundled him over trying to be aggressive giving them opportunity to put ball in box in injury time. Brainless.

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

If that amount is correct, then that's absolutely incredible business. 

Very well-done Saints.. Wonder if we will get a little more for a Diallo from the money state.

If so we are off to a blinder.

Orsic for €4Million, Lyanco for €6Million and I reckon Diallo for €8Million.

€18Million for those 3 would be stellar business.

4 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

What summed up Lyanco was in a cup game at home last season. 
We had just equalised and approached half time their forward was in corner going nowhere but Lyanco bundled him over trying to be aggressive giving them opportunity to put ball in box in injury time. Brainless.

I was sat right by the dugouts for that game. Jones was shouting "no foul, no foul" which Lyanco ignored and clattered into their player.

Jones turned around looking furious. I laughed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

If that amount is correct, then that's absolutely incredible business. 

More importantly it suggests that SR are sticking to their guns on valuations and will be just as happy to keep the players they want to keep. Could explain also why interest in our star players is waning at least in the sense that there are few rumours about imminent departures at the moment. The pick-up on this might be that under SR the word is out that we are not a selling club.

Don't be surprised if JWP, Sailsu and JWP remain Saints players for this season. Being stuck with Stephens & Adam Armstrong is though a real cause for concern. 

Edited by Charlie Wayman

Chances of a Turkish club following through with an obligation to buy after seeing him play for a year.  Almost zero I would say.

If they wanted to buy him now we could just transfer him and make the payment terms a small amount now and the remainder in 12 months.

There are always some contractual outs with obligations to buy.

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

I was sat right by the dugouts for that game. Jones was shouting "no foul, no foul" which Lyanco ignored and clattered into their player.

Jones turned around looking furious. I laughed. 

He was Jones' bestie.  I guess they bonded over their religion.  When we scored the 2nd in the LC game against City all of the players were celebrating together on the pitch apart from the Brazilian Alan Bennett who had sprinted to the touchline and was jumping up and down hugging Jones.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

More importantly it suggests that SR are sticking to their guns on valuations and will be just as happy to keep the players they want to keep. Could explain also why interest in our star players is waning at least in the sense that there are few rumours about imminent departures at the moment. The pick-up on this might be that under SR the word is out that we are not a selling club.

Don't be surprised if JWP, Sailsu and JWP remain Saints players for this season. Being stuck with Stephens & Adam Armstrong is though a real cause for concern. 

All part of the window fun. Speculation of interest in press. A club sends in low offer. We reject it. Speculation that we are unrealistic. We stand firm. Other club pursue other targets. We stand firm on further press speculation. Towards end of window, other club comes back in. We stand firm on second offer. Late negotiation with them hoping we're desperate to sell and hopefully us saying we'd be quite happy to keep our stars and get the amount we were after.

With variations on contract length, better players we'd like to bring in ourselves and if we consider that player to be well down the pecking order, where we've been telling them to look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, once_bitterne said:

Chances of a Turkish club following through with an obligation to buy after seeing him play for a year.  Almost zero I would say.

If they wanted to buy him now we could just transfer him and make the payment terms a small amount now and the remainder in 12 months.

So, there's a chance he may come back to strut his stuff for us in the Premier League once again, if we go up??? Yay!

2 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

He was Jones' bestie.  I guess they bonded over their religion.  When we scored the 2nd in the LC game against City all of the players were celebrating together on the pitch apart from the Brazilian Alan Bennett who had sprinted to the touchline and was jumping up and down hugging Jones.

The initial image of the Brazilian Alan Bennett that came to mind was Lyanco in a duffel coat and National health specs nasally droning on about Mrs Thrupwaite’s rheumatism! On balance I would have probably preferred that to him attempting to play football for SFC. 

4 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

If they have agreed to an obligation to buy there’s not really a way out of it and if they do try to renege they’ll likely face sanctions and transfer embargos. Plus there’ll be the fact that he’ll have signed a contract with them, valid for however many years.

Loans with an obligation to buy seem fairly common, so I can only assume there’s some clever tax write off or FFP dodge involved, which makes it beneficial to one or both parties.

1 hour ago, once_bitterne said:

Because they are always cast-iron in football aren't they.  

and the obligation to buy may be if he meets certain targets, like playing 75% of the games this season. The devil may be in  the detail. Who knows? 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Chez said:

and the obligation to buy may be if he meets certain targets, like playing 75% of the games this season. The devil may be in  the detail. Who knows? 

Jacob's article said that we turned down an offer from Brazil which was an obligation based on certain things being met, in favour of a permanent deal.

Apparently Besiktas found an issue in the medical and then requested to put a clause in Lyanco's contract to mitigate against the injury - which he, quite rightly, refused.

A bit cheeky, if true, and could see why is would fuck him off and kill the deal.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-exit-becoming-mess-player-refused-contract-clause-negotiations-still-ongoing/

40 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He won’t be here come the end of the window. I’d be surprised if he came back at all.

Chances are a deal will be struck and it’ll be either reduced transfer fee or he’ll go elsewhere.

I think the sticking point is the contract, not necessarily the fee

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Bloody Besiktas stopping us getting our funds in order for the Mbappe offensive 

I need to know where Mbappe is going, I support him, so I need the jersey of the squad he's drafted into. But I can't buy the jersey if I don't know where he's drafted, ARGH. Top baller, my fav player, GOAT, cooks well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1