Lyanco

Saint Matty 76

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

So because its right once about a player who even your nan knew was poor is you're justification then?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just saying it happens and will happen.  Mostly, fans get it right. Jury remains out with Lyanco, that is for sure.

I recall friends being lambasted for deriding the signing of Carrillo.  Some believed he was just what we needed, despite no evidence to support that.  As said, it happens.

Edited by AlexLaw76

23 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

He was let down quite badly by Valery having a mare at RB and constantly leaving him exposed.

But people wrote off Valery at the beginning - he's definitely going to prove everyone wrong by being brilliant any day now right? I think that's how it works.

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Just saying it happens and will happen.  Mostly, fans get it right. Jury remains out with Lyanco, that is for sure.

I recall friends being lambasted for deriding the signing of Carrillo.  Some believed he was just what we needed, despite no evidence to support that.  As said, it happens.

What did our experts on here tell us? He averaged a goal Every other games or something (if you take out games where he didn’t start, played less than 30 minutes wore the number 9, 13 or 27 shirt etc) . Carillo looked a shite signing and so it proved despite our forum experts telling us to the contrary. 

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I recall friends being lambasted for deriding the signing of Carrillo.  Some believed he was just what we needed, despite no evidence to support that.  As said, it 

Some said Pelle was just what we needed and that proved to be right didn’t it?

I prefer to give the guy a chance before i write him off, firstly its the right thing to do and secondly you don't look a tit when it goes the opposite way to your rant.

Just now, Chapel End said:

I prefer to give the guy a chance before i write him off, firstly its the right thing to do and secondly you don't look a tit when it goes the opposite way to your rant.

Likewise, you look a tit when you say things like "Carrillo will come good".  Lyanco still have a long way to go to be proved as a decent signing, let alone a good one.

19 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Likewise, you look a tit when you say things like "Carrillo will come good".  Lyanco still have a long way to go to be proved as a decent signing, let alone a good one.

Lyanco does have a way to go to be proven as decent, and he was, by any measure an underwhelming signing on face value.    However that performance he produced v Chelsea stamped him as a very decent CB prospect - you can't fluke a performance like that.   

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Other said he wasn’t and wrote him off after his debut in a friendly. He was ironically cheered on his home debut. Even when he proved himself to be a quality signing others still got on his back week after week. It’s almost like not all football fans are happy clapping weirdos isn’t it. 

Edited by Turkish

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Other said he wasn’t and wrote him off after his debut in a friendly. He was ironically cheered on his home debut. Even when he proved himself to be a quality signing others still got on his back week after week. It’s almost like not all football fans are happy clapping weirdos isn’t it. 

What does that mean?

🤷‍♂️

I seem to remember that when we were about to sign Jhon Viafara the the general reaction on here was very negative, I also seem to remember that he became something of a terrace favourite in the end. It's a bit old-fashioned I know (but then I am a Miserableoldgit with the emphasis on the "old"), but I like to think that the management/recruitment staff have done their homework, and then watch the new players play in the team before making my mind up.

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You said “Some said Pelle was just what we need”

I said “others said he wasn’t”

it’s not hard pal

The discussion was about it beng stupid to write a player off before he`s given a chance and most reasonable people do just that, are you in the stupid group or the reasonable lot?

In your case i suspect it depends on who is posting as to where you place your agreement?

Have a nice day pal

7 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I seem to remember that when we were about to sign Jhon Viafara the the general reaction on here was very negative, I also seem to remember that he became something of a terrace favourite in the end. It's a bit old-fashioned I know (but then I am a Miserableoldgit with the emphasis on the "old"), but I like to think that the management/recruitment staff have done their homework, and then watch the new players play in the team before making my mind up.

Nothig wrong in negative but the writing off so early is just laugable and shows a lot about the person.

3 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Nothig wrong in negative but the writing off so early is just laugable and shows a lot about the person.

Like people who said Harry Maguire and Jordan Henderson should have spent the entire European Championships watching it at home on TV? Those kinds of people?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Like people who said Harry Maguire and Jordan Henderson should have spent the entire European Championships watching it at home on TV? Those kinds of people?

No that would be people who just bellittle others on multiple threads, those stupid people HTH

48 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

What did Henderson do of note? All I can remember is him being a waste of a sub in the final. Did nothing when brought on and then taken off again before the penalties, because he is shit at taking them.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Quite often, those people who write people off too early, are not big enough to admit that they were wrong if the player comes good, and will keep knocking him. IMHO JWP is a good example.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Minsk said:

What did Henderson do of note? All I can remember is him being a waste of a sub in the final. Did nothing when brought on and then taken off again before the penalties, because he is shit at taking them.

Involved in five consecutive games off the bench, offered plenty of cover and security and scored a goal in open play. 

Fuck me, just imagine what the "he's proved you all wrong, he's proved you all wrong" forum div brigade would be making of that if that was Lycano's contribution for us already this season.

Clue: they wouldn't be sneeringly describing it as "nothing of note".

55 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Involved in five consecutive games off the bench, offered plenty of cover and security and scored a goal in open play. 

Fuck me, just imagine what the "he's proved you all wrong, he's proved you all wrong" forum div brigade would be making of that if that was Lycano's contribution for us already this season.

Clue: they wouldn't be sneeringly describing it as "nothing of note".

Amazing contribution. At least he got an entire half in one of those matches and scored the 4th goal in a match already won when brought on for the last half-hour in another. Only got 2 mins in one and I honestly felt he was a waste of a sub in the final. You thought he had an amazing tournament, some of us think we would have been better served with other options. He really wasn't anything special.

As for Lyanco, like you I was somewhat underwhelmed with his signing and also thought we should have gone for someone who could walk straight into the first team. I didn't write him off though (not saying you did) as I prefer to actually watch a player before making a judgement of him (although it was clearly obvious before we signed him that Carrillo was going to be a flop).  It seems Ralph did know what he was doing re our defence and Lyanco looks to be a better player than many at first thought. I really hope he does come good.

• Like 2

Henderson was a waste of a squad place and clearly unfit to play any sort of important role. I actually thought he made the team much worse in the final as he clearly couldn't keep up with play.  JWP was unlucky to miss out for him and whilst might not have played a big role either, at least he could if needed played a full 90 mins and been fully match fit to take part if needed. Really Southgate should have trusted Bellingham more to be honest. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chapel End said:

The discussion was about it beng stupid to write a player off before he`s given a chance and most reasonable people do just that, are you in the stupid group or the reasonable lot?

In your case i suspect it depends on who is posting as to where you place your agreement?

Have a nice day pal

What are you banging on about? You said some people said Pelle was exactly what we need, I simply pointed out others didn’t think that and he was written off after his debut in a friendly, then ironically cheered on his home debut yet for £8m he turned out to be a great signing. I’m agreeing with you but you’re too busy trying to play the forum hard man/super fan you can’t realise it🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Turkish said:

What are you banging on about? You said some people said Pelle was exactly what we need, I simply pointed out others didn’t think that and he was written off after his debut in a friendly, then ironically cheered on his home debut yet for £8m he turned out to be a great signing. I’m agreeing with you but you’re too busy trying to play the forum hard man/super fan you can’t realise it🤣🤣🤣

Forum hard man, what is that you nutter.🤦‍♂️😃

No one can be hard on a forum, we are all on a internet connected devices. 

Easy place for you to belittle people along with the sheep who try a impress you but all very pathetic tbh

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Forum hard man, what is that you nutter.🤦‍♂️😃

No one can be hard on a forum, we are all on a internet connected devices. 

Easy place for you to belittle people along with the sheep who try a impress you but all very pathetic tbh

All this and I agreed with your point 🤣🤣

15 hours ago, CB Fry said:

How about obviously no I didn't and have never, ever said anything remotely close to that. Nice try though.

Then we agree on something.

14 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Henderson was a waste of a squad place and clearly unfit to play any sort of important role. I actually thought he made the team much worse in the final as he clearly couldn't keep up with play.  JWP was unlucky to miss out for him and whilst might not have played a big role either, at least he could if needed played a full 90 mins and been fully match fit to take part if needed. Really Southgate should have trusted Bellingham more to be honest. 

And I fully agree with this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

No he hasn't, he has made it so he now has a protected account. In order to view his tweets you now need to be accepted to follow him.

Actually between Monday evening and some point on Tuesday his account was suspended.

I would assume it was a temporary voluntary deactivation of the account. He returned to Twitter last night with the protective measures you mention, also having deleted the replies to fans that got him in trouble. Presumably this time round he will have a PR individual/welfare officer from the club keeping a closer eye on his activity. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good socials but awful player.

Poor signing. Had all the red flags at the time: no English, in and out of a poor team, erratic playing style.

For an extra £5m we could probably have signed Tosin Adarabioyo, so he was clearly a cheap option.

• Like 1

This is what happens when you shop in the bargain bin, you get rubbish that others have given away as they have no use for it.

He's committed enough, but is braindead. So in that sense he fits in really well with our squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1