Saints 2-1 Coventry - Match Thread

whelk

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

The whole things a fucking circus. Why does the bird have to keep waffling on about “they beat x on Sat” etc. 

Showing your bias here, the person presenting the draw ALWAYS gives little details like that when the team's come out.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Showing your bias here, the person presenting the draw ALWAYS gives little details like that when the team's come out.

He knew that but it's a good way of getting a bite or two... ;)

#textbook

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

I mean the tie is good for us but overall pretty shit in the grand scheme of things.

Other than Spurs vs Brighton / [Arsenal] vs Leicester, a fair number of PL clubs will fancy themselves to go through

I was hoping for Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Utd/Everton etc to have to face each other

Edited by nta786
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Piran said:

Have felt an affinity with Coventry for years, and the feeling seems to be mutual...

Me too my lad went to Uni there had many a good night out in Coventry.

Saw Catfish&Bottlemen first time at the Ricoh.

As a club they have had rough times playing in Birmingham etc but they have a few good players but about same as Swansea but better up front. 
Robins has done wonders there

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 1

Great draw, perfectly  winnable but they are better than Swansea and Robins is a good manager. Will be a tough game.

l always loved Coventry. Mainly for two tone. Easy ground to get to and usually a good game. 

For years they were an equal status to us. Scandelous  the way they have been treated, boy did we dodge a bullet there. 

My favourite comment, years ago, from a Coventry fan was that 'Southampton had gone all lah di dah .... page 1 of Ceefax'. A rare event for either club in the 90s, sums up that period.

Lots of PL draws as well. Bring it on.

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Coventry will being loads, hope we make it cheap tickets to try and fill the stadium.

They will mate, Cov fan I know who lives down here reckons they'd bring over 5000 (whole Northam) if we give it to them like Ipswich had a few years back,  make tickets cheap and try to fill the whole ground. 

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I have very fond memories of the last time we played Coventry. My wife said she has never seen me show so much emotion as I did watching the scenes at the end of that game.

Same here was in tears at end blubbering like a baby. Great day!

• Like 1

Always had an affinity with Coventry, my first ever game aged 9 was Saints v Coventry in 1983. One of my friends at work is a big Coventry fan, so really looking forward to this one. 

I've always felt that they're very similar to us in terms of size and support.