Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

12 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Irrespective of striker we need someone who can create the opportunity.

10 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

What I’ve been saying, someone who links the defence and the attack is what we need.

Aribo GIF by Rangers Football ClubCandy Gummies GIF by Haribo Canada

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

Who you playing on the left? Redmond? Armstrong? Djenepo?

All too inconsistent. If you have Aribo on the right we still need another attacking wide player.

My concern is Ralph is gonna piss about with formations some more and knowing us we’ll go into the season with seven at the back. 🤣

He needs to move on from the 4-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 crap.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If we want a dynamic, creative midfielder who can carry the ball at speed and beat player then maybe Luka Ivanusec is the answer. Leeds are reported to be interested and he looks a brilliant player just the type who would get our static midfield moving. Worth checking his skills video - the one that's 7m35 seconds long titled 'He was born to dribble' is the best and the title sums him up. Looks as though he'd be a good fit for the Prem and our philosophy of selling on for profit. Wouldn't cost a fortune. Would love to see him playing for us because we have nobody who can carry the ball and dribble like him and that is often what creates chances. Go get him Joe.

44 minutes ago, saintant said:

If we want a dynamic, creative midfielder who can carry the ball at speed and beat player then maybe Luka Ivanusec is the answer. Leeds are reported to be interested and he looks a brilliant player just the type who would get our static midfield moving. Worth checking his skills video - the one that's 7m35 seconds long titled 'He was born to dribble' is the best and the title sums him up. Looks as though he'd be a good fit for the Prem and our philosophy of selling on for profit. Wouldn't cost a fortune. Would love to see him playing for us because we have nobody who can carry the ball and dribble like him and that is often what creates chances. Go get him Joe.

Get Houssem Haouar in from Lyon, 24, a gem of a number 8

16 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Get Houssem Haouar in from Lyon, 24, a gem of a number 8

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/william-carvalho-wage-demands-blocking-swap-deal-with-lyons-houssem-aouar/

Says in this article that several English clubs have approached him and he has one year left on his contract. Maybe we are one of the clubs.

3 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

He is rather similar to what we've got so i can see why there's a possible connection. But surely Ismaila Sarr is the one you'd buy from Watford if he was available as a first preference?   

We don’t ply with wingers though, so not sure he’d be worth it, and didn’t Watford pay £50m for him??

SG - you are probably right.

Just checked and it was £40M in 2019/20 season but suggestions are his value has dropped since then. Liverpool were periodically sniffing him as I recall and they are usually very good at identifying a baller ...

9 minutes ago, charliemiller said:

Broja situation has gone very quiet , i have a feeling he might roll in on loan or maybe a buy with buy back at about 20 mil . Delap is clearly a no go we should move on 

Chelsea have left themselves in a bit of a weird position with Broja. By pricing him out of a move they face the risk of him sticking around and being an example for all their youth team that they shouldn't sign long term contracts, reduce their asking price or finding someone to loan him out to. It's not like they're going to make him a starter.

So we might be in with a shout about a loan but I get the sense from Ralph's comments about Mara that he's not keen on developing their players for them any more after last season.

In both Chelsea and City's cases with Broja/Delap it seems odd that they're not looking to sell their player for a decent chunk with a buyback attached. We'd be taking most of the financial risk of a developing player, they'd get a wad of cash and have the freedom to nab them back for a cut price fee if their player really shone. In neither case is it likely that they'd get serious game time.

17 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I wouldn't be unhappy with this signing. Looks like a pacy winger who likes to take on his man and get crosses in. Hope Fabrizio is right rather than Benjy

Edited by coalman

22 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

image.gif.024a346ca5ad0764c1bbef5211b7734d.gif

Last 3 seasons he's scored 1, 2 & 2 in the league for Barcelona in 45 apperances. But if you take out games against teams with Real in the name, games where he played 90 minutes or less, games where he had less than 5 shots at goal then he's actually got a scoring record of a goal every game, got get him Joe!

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, DT said:

Apparently we are after Martin Braithwaite from Barcelona, who is 31. Odd. 

Very.

He looked good in the Euros IMO and if he was cheap then he would offer decent backup to Adams (but is that what we want?). I was reasonably impressed, having heard of him, but never seen him play, but not sure he offers anything different to Adams (plays with his back to goal quite well) and certainly no more of a goal threat. He was injured or on the bench pretty much all of last season. The season before, he started 11 and scored 2. Lots of sub appearances, but no additional goals. Goals don't seem to be his thing.

Barca are desperate to lose people from their wage bill. I suspect agents will be placing stories left right and centre to try and drum up interest. Unless they are at the club already or a keeper, being 31 years old immediately puts him outside our scope. 

Edited by Chez

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Very.

He looked good in the Euros IMO and if he was cheap then he would offer decent backup to Adams (but is that what we want?). I was impressed having heard of him, but never seen him play, but not sure he offers anything different to Adams and certainly no more of a goal threat. Was injured or on the bench pretty much all of last season. The season before he started 11 and scored 2. Lots of sub appearances, but no additional goals.

Barca are desperate to lose people from their wage bill. I suspect agents will be placing stories left right and centre to try and drum up interest. Unless they are at the club already or a keeper, being 31 years old immediately puts him  outside are scope. 

Ex-Middlesbrough flop Martin Braithwaite is the richest player at Barcelona - Daily Star

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Saints extra plummeting in the credibility stakes with this one. No chance surely.

Saints Extra just aggregates the news from literally every source. Gerard Romero is basically a Barca stooge who gets the odd scrap of info in return for drumming up interest in players. I'd suggest this is more of that.

Edited by SambaMaverick
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Saints extra plummeting in the credibility stakes with this one. No chance surely.

The tweet doing the round is:

"Braithwaite: There are offers from Getafe and Rayo Vallecano plus two from Premier League."

43 minutes ago, coalman said:

Chelsea have left themselves in a bit of a weird position with Broja. By pricing him out of a move they face the risk of him sticking around and being an example for all their youth team that they shouldn't sign long term contracts, reduce their asking price or finding someone to loan him out to. It's not like they're going to make him a starter.

So we might be in with a shout about a loan but I get the sense from Ralph's comments about Mara that he's not keen on developing their players for them any more after last season.

In both Chelsea and City's cases with Broja/Delap it seems odd that they're not looking to sell their player for a decent chunk with a buyback attached. We'd be taking most of the financial risk of a developing player, they'd get a wad of cash and have the freedom to nab them back for a cut price fee if their player really shone. In neither case is it likely that they'd get serious game time.

Building on this (and agreeing with it), I was chatting with the Dad of a current Chelsea academy player on Saturday.  They are already aware of the pitfalls of a being offered a long contract by the club.  Put simply, anything more than 3 years and they risk being ignored by the hierarchy and effectively kicked into the long grass of non-playing or repetitive loans.  It's one of the downsides of the Chelsea strategy and is really starting to bite them.  I can see a lot of them "doing a Tino" over the next few years.

And from Tuchel's recent comments it seems like the whole club is in a bit of a mess; which I guess is hardly surprising given the complex, protracted and unplanned sale/purchase of the club. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Broja is sold on or near the last day of the window for a more reasonable fee (£20m) to whoever he wants to go to who is still in for him.  If so, are we prepared to wait it out and hope or abandon project Broja and look elsewhere (as WHU seem too have done)?

3 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

And from Tuchel's recent comments it seems like the whole club is in a bit of a mess; which I guess is hardly surprising given the complex, protracted and unplanned sale/purchase of the club. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Broja is sold on or near the last day of the window for a more reasonable fee (£20m) to whoever he wants to go to who is still in for him.  If so, are we prepared to wait it out and hope or abandon project Broja and look elsewhere (as WHU seem too have done)?

If the fee is £20m and we haven't got an additional striker in then yes, please. I wouldn't wait around on Chelsea though if the right player is available. They don't know what they want right now and, whatever your opinion of Russian interests, it seemed like Marina had her sh!t together as director there. Whereas the new American owner is still exploring his shiny new toy.

1 hour ago, stevy777_x said:

God no Braithwate is fucking shit

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

Braithwaite's a shocking footballer who has somehow blagged his way into Barcelona because of their well known financial issues. Shoot this one down, Benjy.

40 odd games for Barcelona, 60 caps for Denmark, but he's 'fucking shit' and 'shocking'.  :mcinnes:

What you mean is you don't rate him, which is very different.

• Like 3

Just now, saintrich said:

Kasper Schmeichel heading to Nice pending Leicester signing a replacement first according to reports. Quite random. 

Yeah, went onto their forum and a lot of them were saying “about time”. 

Strange how out the loop you can be with another fanbases opinions on their players.