Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Tells it's own story.

But who knows maybe we've seen something to develop. Huge risk though if we're relying on him for goals next season.

If we're in discussion with RB Salzburg, then Sesko (who someone flagged up on here a few days ago) looks a better prospect, but still young and inexperienced. 

Could be a case of us going down the Moneyball route similar to Brentford - looking for players who are underachieving but can be improved with the right training. Who knows.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Could be a case of us going down the Moneyball route similar to Brentford - looking for players who are underachieving but can be improved with the right training. Who knows.

Even Billy Beane signed ageing players he could get a few more good years from.

I think our balance is out at the moment.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

I agree but its also possible that it’s harder to do deals for established pros early in the transfer window.  Once other teams get their signings over the line it may create possibilities for a move for fringe players at the bigger clubs who can give us a bit of experience

3 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Experience in baseball doesn't always equate to huge wages, whereas it almost always does in the PL unless you're bringing in someone who is over the hill, rather than experienced and still close enough to their prime to handle the physical demands of the game.

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

You weren't on here over the summer of 2003, - 2004 or whenever it was then. 

11 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Oh that was fun….

10 minutes ago, Saint Mikey said:

I wonder if that ends our interest in DaMarcus Beasley? 

I wonder just how many times I have pushed F5 on here over the years?

BTW - has Skacel signed yet?

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

Not as much as the 2007 summer of F5 (was it?) to refresh the latest Paul Allen takeover news ...

Paul Allen Summer is always worth dragging out for a reminisce every now and again. Such a belly laugh and such characters crawled out of the woodwork.

I still have some messages from that nutter St David:

Was an interested party, with a group of Americans but NOT Paul Allen, i have spoken to HMR (Lynn) and i recieved a call today from her contacts in America this afternoon.

David

Give me a call and i will tell you exactly the content of my call from America in the early housr of this morning.

David

01573 430365

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Paul Allen Summer is always worth dragging out for a reminisce every now and again. Such a belly laugh and such characters crawled out of the woodwork.

I still have some messages from that nutter St David:

Was an interested party, with a group of Americans but NOT Paul Allen, i have spoken to HMR (Lynn) and i recieved a call today from her contacts in America this afternoon.

David

Give me a call and i will tell you exactly the content of my call from America in the early housr of this morning.

David

01573 430365

A summer of intrigue and very little work getting done.

HMR. Mentally searching through my old memory banks - Help Me Rhonda ??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DT said:

Weird. Still, the Echo has spoken

V relaxed about this.

All the talk was about Pope or Johnson - and it’s Bazunu. 

All the talk was about Tarkovski or Sergio Ramos (I exaggerate) - and it’s Bella-Kotchap.

All the talk was about Svanberg, and it’s… ?? Sambi-Lokonga loan? Someone we’ve never heard of? 

Proper way to do business. COYR

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I felt that he would slot beautifully into the role of "disappointingly anonymous Scandinavian midfielder who flatters to decieve and has the odd good game early on that his defenders then go on and on about for the subsequent three years of his contract."

Oh, what might have been.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

V relaxed about this.

All the talk was about Pope or Johnson - and it’s Bazunu. 

All the talk was about Tarkovski or Sergio Ramos (I exaggerate) - and it’s Bella-Kotchap.

All the talk was about Svanberg, and it’s… ?? Sambi-Lokonga loan? Someone we’ve never heard of? 

Proper way to do business. COYR

Yes, agreed. Hope it's someone a bit more whelming

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If Roma really want Bednarek, it highlights he isn't as bad as some Saints fans make out.

Or that Serie A really isn’t up to much anymore - don’t forget Smalling has been their starting CB for several years now, despite being deemed not good enough for a struggling United or for England. 

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He wasn't first on that. He just regurgitates old news.

He was, as surprising as it may seem. Reported our interest a while before the Irish outlets and The Athletic.

Doesn't suddenly make him reliable, of course. But was also right on Svanberg so who knows!

9 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I reckon he'll do well in a different system. He was great under Hughes

He's never been "great" but he was solid under Hughes and the first 18 months of Ralph. He's been exposed recently but I think he'll do well in a slower paced league. Good luck to him!

On the subject of "F5 refreshing" I'll throw in...

That taxi driver that sucked in MLT who recruited Strachan as DOF and Keegan as manager in advance. Turns out he's always been pretty easy to lead astray.

Oh and Wade Elliott, Steven Pressley, Tomasz Radzinski. Those were all 'Lite' versions of our historical transfer sagas that ended up being bollocks.

Bartosz Bialkowski: "For several years, Ralph Hasenhuttl's assistant was Kelvin Davis, the legendary goalkeeper of this club. From what I heard, he is to work in the club in a new role from the new season." #saintsfc @dailyecho

like something that won’t flush 😉

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Bartosz Bialkowski: "For several years, Ralph Hasenhuttl's assistant was Kelvin Davis, the legendary goalkeeper of this club. From what I heard, he is to work in the club in a new role from the new season." #saintsfc @dailyecho

like something that won’t flush 😉

Wouldn't mind him going back to that cheerleader role he had before coaching.