Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I heard we were looking to sign Mattias Svanberg. Anyone know anything about him? 

Pretty sure I've read his name on an internet football forum somewhere.... can't for the life of me remember which one though....  ;)

• Like 1

On 18/06/2022 at 13:37, Charlie Wayman said:

Not wise to write off Lyanco, there's the makings of a very decent player in there and the new coach may well be able to turn him into a class act. I've always liked the cut of his jib and he has the personality to become a Saints legend.

Didn't Ralf say he was looking for a cb that could also be a holding mid. last year? and we got Lyanco.  His ball skill and aggression are good enough to play in either postition. I haven't seen him used in the holding mid under Ralf. But I think he could play well in that position with his size and skills.

3 minutes ago, Appy said:

Neco Williams linked now, don’t really see why we’d sign him or why he’d want to join, he surely needs guaranteed starts, which he won’t get with us. 

Indeed.  John Percy wrote earlier that Forest /Fulham both want him but Liverpool only want to sell (not loan) for £15m.

4 hours ago, Saint Scott said:

I wonder if it's a La Liga player. I'm sure I read on here last week RA flew to Spain for player talks from Turkey.

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Believe that was them going to the TransferRoom event in Spain.

Rasmus flying to Spain ... Rupert is (allegedly) seen driving down the Aston Expressway into Birmingham on a Sunday evening ... Paul Allen's yacht... earlobe watch 

got to love the way these rumours start, and gather momentum 

27 minutes ago, Appy said:

Neco Williams linked now, don’t really see why we’d sign him or why he’d want to join, he surely needs guaranteed starts, which he won’t get with us. 

But a year loan would help cover Tino's absence

13 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Can't see why the lad would want to comer here to play cover when he would be a starter for Fulham or Forest for example. FB does seem about the only position that actually doesn't need substantial investment. 

Ralph would probably drop KWP in favour of him like he did for Tino

22 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Walker-Peters played in 32 PL games last season, so he wasn't really 'dropped'.

Oh come on you know better than that. He was dropped in favour of Tino for the first few games of the season. It was only after working on being a left back that he got back in. He really was “dropped”

3 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Oh come on you know better than that. He was dropped in favour of Tino for the first few games of the season. It was only after working on being a left back that he got back in. He really was “dropped”

And at the time Tino was in ridiculous form

Not really sure what the point here is, we also don’t know how either performed in pre season. KWP got back on the pitch al be it at left back

57 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Walker-Peters played in 32 PL games last season, so he wasn't really 'dropped'.

He absolutely was dropped. Undeservedly, but he was certainly dropped. 

1 hour ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

If West Ham are in for Broja at the fee being quoted on the other thread and Saints are not it surely begs the question why not?

Did he fall out of favour with Ralph and Saints don't particularly rate him now or what?

Surely the fee being quoted is not out of our range?

Maybe we are in for him, but its not all over the media because we don't have leaky employees and leaky owners who like to get things out there as a part of doing business?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

If West Ham are in for Broja at the fee being quoted on the other thread and Saints are not it surely begs the question why not?

Did he fall out of favour with Ralph and Saints don't particularly rate him now or what?

Surely the fee being quoted is not out of our range?

It isn't that he fell out of favour, he fell out of form and went missing for long spells, quite anonymous several matches, we can't afford that. 

24 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

To be fair to the lad, he has got the greatest footballer ever ahead of him at Liverpool!

do you mean the one who professes he can "see things others can't see"?

I mean, to be fair how are you supposed to compete against that? 😉

Edited by Golac's Cunning Stunts

30 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He would be cover for Livramento. 

We do need full back cover while Tino recovers (particularly if Valery joins Goztepe) but I'd rather Brandon Williams (whom United have said is free to leave) than Neco Williams. We were interested last summer but the loan fee was too high and we went for Tino. I wonder if we're still interested and could get him on loan with a view or obligation for permanent. Plus he can play both sides like KWP, would give us great versatility even when Tino is back.

9 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

We do need full back cover while Tino recovers (particularly if Valery joins Goztepe) but I'd rather Brandon Williams (whom United have said is free to leave) than Neco Williams. We were interested last summer but the loan fee was too high and we went for Tino. I wonder if we're still interested and could get him on loan with a view or obligation for permanent. Plus he can play both sides like KWP, would give us great versatility even when Tino is back.

Wouldn’t be a summer transfer window if Brandon Williams didn’t get a mention 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Streaky said:

Why don't we go get Joe gomez, isn't he being allowed to leave Liverpool. Although I would imagine wages might be a problem. 

Can play cb and rb too. #noholdsbarred

Not impressed with him at right back at all, but if it was the odd game, no worries. He's been linked with Villa a lot, but Liverpool seem to want the earth for their rejects. 

15 minutes ago, Chez said:

but Liverpool seem to want the earth for their rejects. 

Yep, and especially wary of their young defenders, they probably didn't have to defend too much while playing so a bit unknown there. I could probably sit at right back for Liverpool most games and look alright*.

*taking the piss but you know what I'm getting at!