Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If you were to describe a CB we needed for our system, you'd pretty much describe that video of this guy. I don't like reading too much into youtube videos as they can be jazzed up, but he does look like he ticks every single box we could actually ask for.

No, he's not experienced, but his potential is huge and that's the model we're going for.

Also has that element of the big guns looking at him but not pulling the trigger.

Side note - I’m a big fan of us signing players, in ascending order through the team 🙂

Edited by SuperSAINT
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Also has that element of the big guns looking at him but not pulling the trigger.

Side note - I’m a big fan of us signing players, in ascending order through the team 🙂

I thought that the other day actually!

Svanberg next...? Leaving the big $$ for the attackers! 

How refreshing is it to have a bit of money though, we're able to act on these improvements without figuring out who we have to sell first.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Apparently we are open to offers for Bednerak and Stephens.. So it wouldn't surprise me if we Shift both and bring in two CBS this summer.

If this is genuinely the case then I put my faith back into our recruitment team. I've been worried about this "signing kids" thing as I think it is a decent strategy for a mid table team but a risky one for a squad of poor players likely to be in a relegation battle, but we're showing positive signs if they can see the current players aren't good enough. 

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

How refreshing is it to have a bit of money though, we're able to act on these improvements without figuring out who we have to sell first.

I like the sound of this.

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

This is the fun wildcard this summer. 

We usually know when players arrive (we have to sell 1st or move players out on loan) - adds a nice bit of an unknown quantity to proceedings.

6 minutes ago, angelman said:

Pragmatic fans who realise that their club, just like ours, is a stepping stone and that's how you attract certain players.

There are about 5 clubs in the world who aren't stepping stones and we're not one of them. That's no bad thing either, I really don't want us signing players who see Saints as the biggest club they're ever going to play for. I want players to have their heart set on being noticed by one of those elite clubs and bust a gut to get a move there. Never know why everyone gets so arsy about us being a 'selling club'

• Like 8

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

That’s a good signing for Newcastle tbf.

Starting their business well. It also probably means someone will get Dubravka which is a good signing. 

Everton getting Tarkowski it looks like.

Another decent signing.  Looking to be a good transfer window.

Buying young players makes sense, but can't help thinking that we need to get an old head in as well.  Otherwise it is likely to be yet another rollercoaster season

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Reckon we might still see Richards come from Bayern on a loan to buy deal. Would love to see a back three of:

Salisu--Richards--Kotchap

We have been heavily linked with Richards in the last few days so maybe there is substance in the rumour. Bring him in and we have rebuilt the leaky centre back line up. You would then assume Bednarek is off and Lyanco and Stephens are back ups. Also it'd leave Simeu to get another loan.

If it was Bella-Kotchup instead of Richards then I'd still like to see one more CB.

8 minutes ago, kwsaint said:

Another decent signing.  Looking to be a good transfer window.

Buying young players makes sense, but can't help thinking that we need to get an old head in as well.  Otherwise it is likely to be yet another rollercoaster season

"If you're good enough, you're old enough" and the disproved "you don't win anything with kids"... bringing in quality youngsters is promising but I agree I'd like to see another leader in the team. 

Another good thing about both having the resources to bring new faces in, and the team to get deals over the line early, is that it puts some pressure on the players who we are now looking to move on.

They will see the new, preferred, faces coming into their positions. They will see their minutes vanish. They are perhaps that bit more likely to push their agents for a move. We can then thank them for their service and hope for a better season ahead.

On 20/06/2022 at 09:26, Turkish said:

It isn’t “hard to fathom” and it doesn’t “make me angry” some people like womens football, great good for them, good for you.

It’s quite simple, womens football is still a minority sport with a very small following, yet the promotion of it is ridiculous in comparison. It’s like an agenda for force people to like it and get behind it. As I said above I wouldn’t mind betting most people saying how wonderful it is could name more than 3-4 of the England squad. 

id be interested to know how you think it’s a different sport, last time I checked it was one pitch one ball two goals two teams one trying to score more than the other. Maybe there the missing link here, it isn’t actually football?

I meant it’s a ‘different sport’ in terms of physicality etc. I don’t expect it tonne exactly the same as the mens game, and quite like that it isn’t  (certainly less ego on the pitch, and greater sportsmanship).

Your issue appears to be that a ‘minority sport’ is being over-promoted. I disagree. Woman’s football is one of the fastest growing sports globally, and it makes sense that countries would promote it to get women and girls playing. Getting people active, mobile and fit is a good thing. It also has untapped potential, and will continue to develop - you only have to look at the gates Barcelona are getting to see that. Even Newcastle (who are the fourth tier I think) got 22k along to SJP last season. We had 5.5k at SMS for the P*mpey game. 

A thriving womens football scene  benefits football generally, at grass roots and above. Can’t see why promotion of it would be an issue. If you don’t like it, just ignore it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3