Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Not really a disaster. At worst, rather poor. His loan season was okay. It was only last season were it looked like his legs had gone.

Somehow, some people never seem to see this coming, over and over and over again. Sturridge, Defoe, Walcott, Bertrand… this summer it’s Bale and Phil Jones who you’d be mad not to want to sign, apparently.

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

We might have signed them but won’t know for six months 

#borderline miracle 

Hah! You're too pessimistic Ron! 3 players signed before the start of July! A coaching reshuffle underway, good signs for improved recruitment. The only thing we can really grumble about is the lack of a new kit atm, and we aren't alone in that... Well that and no 4th signing I suppose. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Hah! You're too pessimistic Ron! 3 players signed before the start of July! A coaching reshuffle underway, good signs for improved recruitment. The only thing we can really grumble about is the lack of a new kit atm, and we aren't alone in that... Well that and no 4th signing I suppose. 

I’ll go for two signings as I am not counting Lis as obviously going out on loan.

TBH the new kit doesn’t bother me really.

I like sound of new number 2 especially if he can stop us conceding 60+ every season.

Shields isn’t done yet but think that’s a good appointment if tempered by dealing only with youth hasn’t he? But he is obviously going to be better than Wee Ross:-)

I know nothing about Svanberg but that sounds a go’er.

Time will tell and I just hope the coach recruiting continues and improves and Ralph listens because another season of shocking tactics ,substitutions and game management will see him gone

Edited by Give it to Ron

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

Shields isn’t done yet but think that’s a good appointment if tempered by dealing only with youth hasn’t he? But he is obviously going to be better than Wee Ross:-)

Joe Shields would be the replacement for Martyn Glover. Matt Crocker was Ross Wilson's replacement. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Joe Shields would be the replacement for Martyn Glover. Matt Crocker was Ross Wilson's replacement. 

Ross did the recruiting…yes? Shields will be head of recruiting???

Where did  I say he was his replacement?

Edited by Give it to Ron

4 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Ross did the recruiting…yes? Shields will be head of recruiting???

Ross Wilson - Saints Director of football operations 

When Wilson went to Rangers he was replaced by...

Matt Crocker - Saints Director of football operations

Martin Glover - Saints head of scouting and recruitment 

When Glover goes to Leicester possibly replaced by...

Joe Shields - Saints head of scouting and recruitment

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Ross Wilson - Saints Director of football operations 

When Wilson went to Rangers he was replaced by...

Matt Crocker - Saints Director of football operations

Martin Glover - Saints head of scouting and recruitment 

When Glover goes to Leicester possibly replaced by...

Joe Shields - Saints head of scouting and recruitment

You really do get off on correcting people don’t you….

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

You know, considering how little interest you love to tell us you have in women's football, you don't half bang on about it a lot.

better than spending all my time slagging off the tories on a football forum pal.

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Wonder if this might be a sign for Saints, and a loan to one of the Sport Republic outposts.

Gdańsk or Second division football in Turkey could  be a difficult one to sell to UK based players. Thanks 

22 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

€18m is a bit mad really. For someone who has underperformed and barely played for quite a few years. Double what they paid for him. Bonkers really 

A bargain compared to what they got from selling the donkey to us.

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

scored a lot of goals last season from midfield, and that's a skill in itself, but I am not sure he has the all round game to make the jump up to the Prem. I can see a Championship side taking him, but not sure a Prem side will. If they did, he'd be loaned out I suspect.

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We love a Celtic signing, but my guess is he’ll go somewhere like Palace or Everton.

I can't see us, Palace or Everton giving him first team football yet. So, if that's what he is after, that wont happen.