Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Hah! I nearly posted something similar and then thought, what's the point? Maybe he's not getting a shag and think we're only 10% of the population.

As for Bednarek, he always worries me. When he has the ball he seems to have a curiously tense shoulder body language which doesn't inspire confidence, and he's rarely constructive with the ball. To get anybody better we'd have to spend money, or convince someone he'd do better in their team, what with being a Polish international with experience..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Hah! I nearly posted something similar and then thought, what's the point? Maybe he's not getting a shag and think we're only 10% of the population.

As for Bednarek, he always worries me. When he has the ball he seems to have a curiously tense shoulder body language which doesn't inspire confidence, and he's rarely constructive with the ball. To get anybody better we'd have to spend money, or convince someone he'd do better in their team, what with being a Polish international with experience..

Get Off My Back GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dusic said:

Right - so you basically want a defender who can marshall a defence and who is good?

Why not just say that instead of assuming defenders with lots of games or who are older automatically have those traits when as you say, and I tend to agree, that is not always the case.

Experience is such a lazy term to throw about.

It was pretty clear what I meant.

• Like 1

This is the sort of Shite you get on facebook

quite a concerning headline until you read the article. Which is that a journalist taking to a YouTube channel says he might decided he wants to leave and if Newcastle came in for him he might want to go there. 

C3DCA6AB-B0EC-4417-8BF4-1E077C92E7A0.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

quite a concerning headline until you read the article. Which is that a journalist taking to a YouTube channel says he might decided he wants to leave and if Newcastle came in for him he might want to go there. 

Also, if Newcastle actually wanted him and were determined to get him they would pay us an absolute fortune to the point I don't think it will be a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Is it me or are women 50% of the population?

Yes, as well as some variations on a theme. They but do not equate to 50% of viewer / spectator interest, or even a tiny fraction of that, therefore it’s hugely disproportionate coverage.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Bizarre when you think about it. If we want him (which is a prerequisite for us to be "beaten" to him), I presume we would then also meet the release clause... 

Or is it some kind of tricksy before to unheard of release clause that only applies for the first offer recieved 😱😅

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Legit fulfilled a lot of our required criteria.

Incidentally, saw this in the Guardian report: "During his time on the books at Anfield, Awoniyi had seven loan spells"

(Just thought that was interesting, since we've been talking a lot about prospective loans between clubs owned by our Danish & Serbian overlords)

37 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Latest Man City article in The Athletic saying that Palmer (& possibly) McAtee expect to get first team minutes with them next season, if Sterling & Jesus are sold.

Mentions Delap as going out on loan.

Loan in Delap, agree a option to buy. Buy Lavia... Good business.

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Latest Man City article in The Athletic saying that Palmer (& possibly) McAtee expect to get first team minutes with them next season, if Sterling & Jesus are sold.

Mentions Delap as going out on loan.

Sounds like we have a good chance of bringing in Delap then. That would be our Broja replacement sorted, the question is how good is Delap?

8 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Sounds like we have a good chance of bringing in Delap then. That would be our Broja replacement sorted, the question is how good is Delap?

Beggars can't be choosers and all that... but I'd much prefer a good permanent signing. Or at the very least an option  to buy. 

Obviously depends on ££ though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

Incorrect. Hard as it clearly is for you to fathom, people enjoy the womens game. I certainly do. Have a season ticket for Saints women and go every Sunday. Last season was fantastic.

It’s a different game though - simply saying “it’s shit” means you are missing the point. Women’s athletics is different to men’s. What is better is the lack of ego and histrionics in women’s football, and there is much better sportsmanship, even at junior levels. I much prefer watching my daughter’s games to my son’s. 

if you don’t like it, or - oddly - it makes you angry, just don’t watch it. There are plenty of people who do like it, and it’s a very fast-growing sport. Can’t wait for the Euros…

It isn’t “hard to fathom” and it doesn’t “make me angry” some people like womens football, great good for them, good for you.

It’s quite simple, womens football is still a minority sport with a very small following, yet the promotion of it is ridiculous in comparison. It’s like an agenda for force people to like it and get behind it. As I said above I wouldn’t mind betting most people saying how wonderful it is could name more than 3-4 of the England squad. 

id be interested to know how you think it’s a different sport, last time I checked it was one pitch one ball two goals two teams one trying to score more than the other. Maybe there the missing link here, it isn’t actually football?

14 hours ago, Turkish said:

Frankly, I am relieved that this has been settled by 'CaughtOffside' so early in the window. Especially with their geography essay on mountains due in on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

That would be our Broja replacement sorted, the question is how good is Delap?

Would be more of a punt than Broja, who had at least played a season of senior football in Holland.

Delap has only impressed in junior football, but his progress into the City first team squad has been hampered by a poor injury record. 

I'd be happy to have him on board, but if he's the only striker coming in, we're in big trouble. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It isn’t “hard to fathom” and it doesn’t “make me angry” some people like womens football, great good for them, good for you.

It’s quite simple, womens football is still a minority sport with a very small following, yet the promotion of it is ridiculous in comparison. It’s like an agenda for force people to like it and get behind it. As I said above I wouldn’t mind betting most people saying how wonderful it is could name more than 3-4 of the England squad. 

id be interested to know how you think it’s a different sport, last time I checked it was one pitch one ball two goals two teams one trying to score more than the other. Maybe there the missing link here, it isn’t actually football?

Exactly that you look at a football news page , Guardian is a great example “ Man City captain to retire “ and it’s some woman I’ve never heard of, the crickets worse “ England collapse “ it’s the bloody womens team.

at least these articles should be in a separate section.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

It is all a question of money as usual , Sky see another opportunity to attract new subscribers while the BBC has been saddled with paying for the World Service ( which was paid for by the Foreign Office as part of UK soft power but for some reason Thatcher wanted rid of it altogether) and DWP paid for over 75 licences as a benefit as their state pension is a bit of a joke . Thus the BBC gets all the flak for stopping over 75 licences and the BBC can't afford mens football games . BTW it was sort of good to see the European cup final for free but it should be anyway  , even if the french tried to recreate Heysel/Hillsborough for the 21st century.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manji said:

Exactly that you look at a football news page , Guardian is a great example “ Man City captain to retire “ and it’s some woman I’ve never heard of, the crickets worse “ England collapse “ it’s the bloody womens team.

At least prefaced with women's or some suitable clue that it's not the men's team !

• Like 2

The previous time we signed a player before July 1st and prior to this summer was Dejan Lovren (14th June 2013). Surely, we can’t make it three? 😮 Forget no holds barred, this is unprecedented to give new signings a full pre-season.

1 hour ago, manji said:

Couldn't agree more. I find it bizarre, like you're being discriminating by pointing out it's women's football or women's cricket. Football is for every human who wants to play it regardless of sex, age, race, ability etc. I'm absolutely all for that. It's just that I am not interested in following women's football and it is annoying to almost feel tricked into clicking on these links

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

It is all a question of money as usual , Sky see another opportunity to attract new subscribers while the BBC has been saddled with paying for the World Service ( which was paid for by the Foreign Office as part of UK soft power but for some reason Thatcher wanted rid of it altogether) and DWP paid for over 75 licences as a benefit as their state pension is a bit of a joke . Thus the BBC gets all the flak for stopping over 75 licences and the BBC can't afford mens football games . BTW it was sort of good to see the European cup final for free but it should be anyway  , even if the french tried to recreate Heysel/Hillsborough for the 21st century.

interesting 

Just now, Convict Colony said:

The marseille forum think he will go for something between 10-15mil max given he has 1 yr left. 

They also say he is probably too nice.

Interesting. Will get the Aubergine's emojis primed. 

24 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Caleta-Car? 

Would be good. Has he actually been linked to us this window? I think there were links in the past, and lots of forum 'he'd be ideal' type posts - but any real links?

We have pulled of a few out-of-the-blue signings in the past: I recall Tino and Broja were very quickly signed with few (if any) rumours/links. And the takeover was kept very quiet.

2 hours ago, Saint IQ said:

Another player coming in this week, unsure on who though.

Rumours are the Swedish midfielder from Bologna is very close to signing. Also reports say we are confident of Richards so could there be two?

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

Would be good. Has he actually been linked to us this window? I think there were links in the past, and lots of forum 'he'd be ideal' type posts - but any real links?

We have pulled of a few out-of-the-blue signings in the past: I recall Tino and Broja were very quickly signed with few (if any) rumours/links. And the takeover was kept very quiet.

He’s a long term forum favourite I don’t there has ever been a credible link to him

2 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Lots of noise last summer on the web, lots of "are linked with" types like this- https://www.footballfancast.com/southampton-transfer-rumours/ligue-1-expert-advises-duje-caleta-car-to-join-southampton-and-not-west-ham

The Croatian central defender, Duje Caleta-Car, will not be retained by the Olympian management this summer.

According to Football Club de Marseille , two English teams, Crystal Palace and West Ham, have taken a first step towards the 25-year-old player, discussing a contract with his representatives. Duje Caleta-Car, who almost left OM for Liverpool two years ago, would not be particularly excited about these two destinations, even if the Premier League is, a priori, a championship that attracts him.

The central defender would rather have the idea of ending his contract with Marseille, to leave the club free of any contract in July 2023. According to Transfermarkt , Duje Caleta-Car has a market value of €16m. - Source: Topmercato.com - Article: https://www.topmercato.com/303282-om-deux-offres-pour-caleta-car/

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Appreciate it's old news now but I'm confused about why he'd be a better fit for us than West Ham

On 18/06/2022 at 19:50, FarehamSaintJames said:

A random Forest fan posted saying now they’re promoted and Derby are two divisions below they need a new rival, and so someone picked us.

The tweet then got carried through the #NFFC hashtag and eventually made its way onto the #saintsfc hashtag.

It’s all a bit of banter and is generally light hearted, majority of people engaging with the opposite fan base are either teenagers or just idiots.

Pretty much a non-story but it is annoying when you’re trying to scroll through for Saints news and Forest crap pops up 😅

It may be my memory going to pot but didn't we have a spell where we seemed to draw Forest in most cup games? Going back a while.