Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

49 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Lallana didn't want to leave either, until he did. All the chat at the time was of him being a one-club man and yet it goes out of the window when Klopp comes calling. Appreciate the sentiment of your post otherwise.

It was actually Brendan Rodgers who came calling 

Matthew Le God mode deactivated

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I like the sound of this one, hope it happens

IMG_20220625_143325.jpg

Looking at his agents list on Transfermarkt.

Their most valuable client is Kalajdzic.

Their second most valuable client is Junior Adamu.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Never heard of him but reading up, its pretty clear he can be the Niall Quinn to Adam Armstrong's Kevin Phillips.

Perfect. Get it in the mixer.

Pacy little guy to pick up the flick ons of the big lad up top?

Or as the hipsters would describe it today as a deep lying false 9 dominating aireal duels to provide headed assists for the advanced 10s penetrative automisms

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Speculation on my behalf, but if two clubs are reportedly interested in taking Armstrong, that says to me that the club are entertaining the idea if not actively promoting it. Which could say they’re ready to cut their losses on him.

I’d initially thought it more likely he’d stay this season, though he hardly got any game time towards the end of the season so perhaps RH has already made up his mind about him.

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Speculation on my behalf, but if two clubs are reportedly interested in taking Armstrong, that says to me that the club are entertaining the idea if not actively promoting it. Which could say they’re ready to cut their losses on him.

I’d initially thought it more likely he’d stay this season, though he hardly got any game time towards the end of the season so perhaps RH has already made up his mind about him.

It'd leave us basically with Adams, Long (who hasn't agreed to extend his contract yet) and N'Lundulu. I'd like Armstrong to stay and fight for his place, but if it means bringing in two new strikers (Delap on loan and another maybe) then I'm all for it. This squad needed an overhaul and the right sounds are being made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

I think that tells you all you need to know about the guys motivation. They are prob the only club who were prepared to pay him what he wanted for an 18month USA holiday. He won't need to work as hard as he would have had to in the Championship or PL either, just what he was after.

Once the WC is over he will fade into obscurity and then retire on mega money. It's a shame he fell out of love with football like he did, a few years ago he was in and around the best 4 players on the planet.

• Like 1

Armstrong is available for the right price. Ie what we paid for him, club doesn’t want a loan but he also doesn’t want to be here, so wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a loan with an pupation or obligation…? Depends if we need the money. 

The fact a lot of fans would rather have Long on the pitch than Armstrong probably says everything, he ain’t good enough. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Armstrong is available for the right price. Ie what we paid for him, club doesn’t want a loan but he also doesn’t want to be here, so wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a loan with an pupation or obligation…? Depends if we need the money. 

The fact a lot of fans would rather have Long on the pitch than Armstrong probably says everything, he ain’t good enough. 

I don’t think he has had a fair crack of the whip.  Poorly managed in my opinion.

• Like 17

24 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I guess the writing is on the wall if you can't get into the team ahead of Long 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

I don’t think he has had a fair crack of the whip.  Poorly managed in my opinion.

I’d agree it’s that, he was probably the only player to show  anything  in the Chelsea capitulation, was hooked and we barely saw him again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

I also don’t think our plodding slow build ups help his game either. He needs a quick through ball to run onto, he gets lethargic build up play sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways which enables teams to reset and get everyone behind the ball leaving no space to run into. Ralph’s doing I’m sure (obsessed with not losing the ball - but we do sod all with it either at anything other than snail pace).

Ralph’s set in stone ‘strategy’ is I’m sure why our forwards have scored so few goals, service is strangled by slow build up play. It’s not as though we concede less goals playing cautiously either 🙄

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think that tells you all you need to know about the guys motivation. They are prob the only club who were prepared to pay him what he wanted for an 18month USA holiday. He won't need to work as hard as he would have had to in the Championship or PL either, just what he was after.

Once the WC is over he will fade into obscurity and then retire on mega money. It's a shame he fell out of love with football like he did, a few years ago he was in and around the best 4 players on the planet.

The MLS regular season finishes at the end of Oct and final game 5rh Nov, it works perfectly for him.

Warm weather, great doctors etc etc it's perfect for him

49 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He was ok until he had his ears done and adopted that rediculous hair style.

4 hours ago, ecurnew02 said:

There’s a rumour on the Austrian football forum that we’ve made an offer for Sasa Kalajdzic

https://www.austriansoccerboard.at/topic/128253-öfb-legionäre-in-deutschland/page/55/#comments

This would be a good signing from the little I've seen on the internet and read about him. From the snippets of speculation and rumour though it does sound as if bigger clubs are interested and he is holding out for Bayern.

52 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

No idea if he’ll go, but on paper, a recently relegated side would always be the most logical move - they need the goals & they have the money.

Will be interesting to see if Long returns to training next week. 

Considering Adams will have an extended break our attack will be interesting in the first friendly or two, even if its behind closed doors games. Even in the first team training sessions.

Literally no point giving game time to N'Lundulu as he doesnt have a future at the club. Maybe Ballard will be with the first team to start with.

We really do need a couple of starting XI players in the striker and #10 position. With the season starting earlier (and a tough start) we can't afford to wait til deadline day either.

7 hours ago, Saint86 said:

2 years is the last resort time a club should be selling a player imo - at least if you rely on player trading to make significant income.

If you know a player wants to leave or won't renew, you can't afford to let them stay longer financially.

Saints should certainly be operating on that basis given our strategy. It's why I am wondering whether we should be shifting salisu as he is yet to sign a new contract and next summer his value will have dropped a lot (with 1 year left) / our position will be significantly weaker. 

could not agree with you more. When Newcastle offered £40m for Salisu in January we should have offered a new deal right there and then and if he didn't sign it we should have sold him. I thunk his lack of agent at the time made that tricky. I can see him walking on a free, which would be a nightmare financially.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Will be interesting to see if Long returns to training next week. 

Considering Adams will have an extended break our attack will be interesting in the first friendly or two, even if its behind closed doors games. Even in the first team training sessions.

Literally no point giving game time to N'Lundulu as he doesnt have a future at the club. Maybe Ballard will be with the first team to start with.

We really do need a couple of starting XI players in the striker and #10 position. With the season starting earlier (and a tough start) we can't afford to wait til deadline day either.

Long could be in training with us without necessarily agreeing a new deal. He may just want to keep his fitness up.

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

He doesn’t want to be here? Are you ITK or just guessing ?

7 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I like the sound of this one, hope it happens

IMG_20220625_143325.jpg

The austrian soccer board, a colleague on the extended board (whatever that is but doubt that they would aware of bids on players)..... think I'll wait for a legitimate source that we've bid for him before getting excited

1 hour ago, Dorchester Saint said:

He hasn’t for ages. I hear snippets. One of my contacts has recently left the club though. He’s been unhappy for quite a while, hasn’t settled down here, and his missus wants to move back up north. Middlesbrough would make the most sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Allegedly he hasn’t settled and doesn’t get on with Ralph. First part I never really get, it’s not like he’s moved to the other side of the world, he’s less than an hours flight from where he’s from. The second bit seems to be a common theme. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

He hasn’t for ages. I hear snippets. One of my contacts has recently left the club though. He’s been unhappy for quite a while, hasn’t settled down here, and his missus wants to move back up north. Middlesbrough would make the most sense. 

We posted at exactly the same time but same as what I’ve been told 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Allegedly he hasn’t settled and doesn’t get on with Ralph. First part I never really get, it’s not like he’s moved to the other side of the world, he’s less than an hours flight from where he’s from. The second bit seems to be a common theme. 

From what I ws told, with Ralph you're either in favour or put of favour and if you're out there isn't much in the way of communication to explain things. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

From what I ws told, with Ralph you're either in favour or put of favour and if you're out there isn't much in the way of communication to explain things. 

Yep heard the same. And it’s a long way back once you’re out of favour 

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

To be fair, that’s often what players say when they are left out for being shit. You been talking to Redmond?

41 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Wasn’t that always said about Poch too? Think Pep has a way of isolating players he doesn’t fancy too. Koeman definitely did. Don’t think it’s particularly uncommon. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Makes sense. Adam will have to waive some wages to get a move to Boro though even if Gibson puts his hand in his pocket for the fee. If he scores 27 goals and gets them promoted though it could be ££ well spent. Probably a loan to buy then. Having seen Saints Fan 86’s post, broadly agree but if Boro get £15 for Spence I can see half going on AA os a loan fee and say another £3m next summer, or another £7m if they go up. All hinges on wages though and AA compromising. Boro haven’t got parachute money.

Edited by saint1977

Just now, saint1977 said:

Makes sense. Adam will have to waive some wages to get a move to Boro though even if Gibson puts his hand in his pocket for the fee. If he scores 27 goals and gets them promoted though it could be ££ well spent. Probably a loan to buy then. 

£8/10 Million and we bite there hand off.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Wasn’t that always said about Poch too? Think Pep has a way of isolating players he doesn’t fancy too. Koeman definitely did. Don’t think it’s particularly uncommon. 

I was told that it was notable that Ralph's man management is not the best and he hasn't endeared himself to a number of players. Possibly that's why Broja wasn't up for staying. Personally I trust the person who told me and I don't think it's just the same as the other managers you mentioned. 

• Like 1