Saints fans outside the area.

Nieldy

Just wondering if any saints fans out there who live outside the area and where you live and do you get to see many games.I live in North Wales,with all the mancs and Scousers supporters. The most games I manage to get to are the away games.Just curious to see how many are of you around the country.

• Like 1

I live in North Yorkshire. I don’t go to many games now as my son plays football Saturday mornings and I coach the team. Will try to do a few aways this season, Leeds as it’s local, Forest maybe Newcastle and the Manchester clubs depending on dates and times. 

Ivybridge (just outside Plymouth), Devon

I usually get to 3-4 games a season but I don't drive so either have to rely on the wife fancying a trip to Southampton or public transport. Hoping to go and watch our B Team at Exeter in a few weeks though since it's only 45 minutes from me.

Been living in Sheffield since 2004, and haven't been to SMS for a few years but I do try and get to at least a couple of away games per season.

I had a ST for the season before I moved, so I joined this forum (well, its predecessor Saintsforever) not long after moving so I could stay connected with other fans.

Falmouth, Cornwall. I usually (before lockdown) got to 4 - 5 home games a year, and the occasional away.

Last season only did two, Spurs home and away, but only because I have an arrangement with a Tottenham-supporting colleague, and we each treat the other to match tickets, dinner and drinks. I can tell you that last season was particularly sweet!

I try and catch all the matches on streams. Sometimes they're good, sometimes not so good (the streams and the Saints!)

• Like 1

I'm in Cheshire too. Get to the northern away games mostly. Not been to SMS for a couple of seasons now.

6 minutes ago, The Cat said:

For those that live around the country, do you see or know any other Saints fans in your area or are you one of a kind?

Not met any other Saints fans up here. I always find it slightly strange to meet any northerners that support southern teams. I'll bet we all know "glory supporters" who grew up in the south but support United, Liverpool etc, but it feels really odd when I meet a bloke from Macclesfield who supports Chelsea or Arsenal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Cat said:

For those that live around the country, do you see or know any other Saints fans in your area or are you one of a kind?

There are a good number around the broader Midlands area. It was interesting after the JPT at Wembley so see the train packed with Saints fans heading back north,

We're near Brighton. 120 mile round trip for home games and my son and I have season tickets. The London games are easy from where we are and, with my son a teenager now, we've done a couple of road trips up to Wolves and Leicester this year, which he loves (but my wallet doesn't with the current cost of petrol!!).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Le Timmier said:

I'm in Cheshire too. Get to the northern away games mostly. Not been to SMS for a couple of seasons now.

Not met any other Saints fans up here. I always find it slightly strange to meet any northerners that support southern teams. I'll bet we all know "glory supporters" who grew up in the south but support United, Liverpool etc, but it feels really odd when I meet a bloke from Macclesfield who supports Chelsea or Arsenal.

Are you Macclesfield as well? If so, small world! My Dad’s from Salisbury and had a season ticket for many years before meeting my Mum and moving up here. My Dad did well to get me to support Saints given the teams up here. I’m now trying to do the same with my Son 🤞

• Like 2

Just now, goodymatt said:

Are you Macclesfield as well? If so, small world! My Dad’s from Salisbury and had a season ticket for many years before meeting my Mum and moving up here. My Dad did well to get me to support Saints given the teams up here. I’m now trying to do the same with my Son 🤞

Maybe we need a Macclesfield Saints supporters club. I was born there. 😆

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Yorkshire for me as well. Between Leeds and Sheffield. I have had season tickets in the past and never missed a game when I lived in Salisbury 20+ years a go. Not sure Northern Saints or Yorkshire Saints still exists but get to as many games as life allows these days. 

Barnsley?

10 minutes ago, Piran said:

Falmouth, Cornwall. I usually (before lockdown) got to 4 - 5 home games a year, and the occasional away.

Last season only did two, Spurs home and away, but only because I have an arrangement with a Tottenham-supporting colleague, and we each treat the other to match tickets, dinner and drinks. I can tell you that last season was particularly sweet!

I try and catch all the matches on streams. Sometimes they're good, sometimes not so good (the streams and the Saints!)

And here was me thinking from your username you were based in the quaint little Slovenian coastal town ;) 

I’m a Berkshire boy, born and raised. Get to a few home games a season but the football experience (travel, ticket, food and drink etc) isn’t cheap anymore, but as a shift worker I struggle to make many games anyway and my 4 year old also makes life difficult. When she’s older I plan on taking her to SMS (before the wife takes her to Carrow Road and she swings that way instead!)

Another shout for Cornwall, Bude north coast.

Just setting off for my first visit to St Marys this season, like to do half a dozen a season although only managed 2 home and 1 away last year.

Looks like I won’t be on my own at the B team game at Exeter in a few weeks time :)

In Ireland, near Dublin and get to about 5 games a year - getting a lot more expensive and much longer (airport delays etc.). All most impossible to do it in a day now, since Flybe stopped operating from Southampton

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Next game I'll make is in Feb when back in the country. When I resettle back in Surrey at the end of next year I'll hope to get to most home games at least. Be good to watch Saints games for realz instead of just on TV.

What brings you back to UK? 

Born in Woolston, left for University aged 18, came back for a bit after holding a ST and going quite a few aways in the WGS years. Moved to South Devon for work 2010/11 and ST went, travelled back for Adkins games L1/Champ, and Poch/Ronald games at SMS. Stopped going under Pellegrino so dire was the fayre compared to the journey and cost, but moving to Cotswolds for recent job nearer Xmas so I may get back in the habit going. 

Edited by saint1977
South

Bit of balance to all the Yorkies - I am on God's side of the Pennines, right on the Southern shore of Morecambe Bay. Have seen Saints at Blackpool, Preston, Wigan, Blackburn, Everton, Bolton, Old Trafford, Huddersfield, and Morecambe, among others.

As for other Saints near me, there used to be a poster called "Northern Saint" who said he was in Fleetwood.

Edited by badgerx16

49 minutes ago, ChudSaint said:

Another shout for Cornwall, Bude north coast.

Just setting off for my first visit to St Marys this season, like to do half a dozen a season although only managed 2 home and 1 away last year.

Looks like I won’t be on my own at the B team game at Exeter in a few weeks time :)

Give me a wave as you pass Ivybridge!

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Ivybridge (just outside Plymouth), Devon

I usually get to 3-4 games a season but I don't drive so either have to rely on the wife fancying a trip to Southampton or public transport. Hoping to go and watch our B Team at Exeter in a few weeks though since it's only 45 minutes from me.

Also, by pure coincidence, my nextdoor neighbour is a similar age to me and is also a Saints fan! Couldn't believe it when I found out. When we moved here, I was quite standoffish and "I don't want to be too pally with the neighbours" but since establishing the Saints connection, we talk every day pretty much throughout the day and go to the pub and watch most games together...Cheers Saints 😄

You just wouldn't get that if it was United or Liverpool it'd just be a "Cool, me too..." and never mention it again

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Like 3

Manchester for me. Been here since 1997 after graduating from Uni. I don't get to many games anymore as I can't justify the prices involved. 

I used to be a member of the northern saints supporters group. For those who don't know about them (and are northern based) they can apply for tickets for away games as an official supporter group and usually get tickets that are requested. useful for those that might need it.

A small admin fee is payable to join the group. It used to be a fiver and you need to be a registered "customer" with the club. 

EDIT: Now I have a Google I can't seem to find a link of joining the above mentioned club. Hopefully someone linked will be along shortly to clean up the mess I've made 😃

Edited by jasonb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

Poynton! Small world indeed.

I moved up 2 years ago to be near my wife's family. Hope I'll be able to influence my future kids as well as your dad did! 

Edited by Le Timmier
missing word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Piran said:

Nice place Falmouth.
Always find a way to visit on our annual visit to deepest Cornwall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

We're near Brighton. 120 mile round trip for home games and my son and I have season tickets. The London games are easy from where we are and, with my son a teenager now, we've done a couple of road trips up to Wolves and Leicester this year, which he loves (but my wallet doesn't with the current cost of petrol!!).

Pretty much the same here.

Season ticket holder in Brighton, won't get to some games (like tonight) due to the train shambles but usually make 15 or so.

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Yes. I was out running with my lad during lock down and he was wearing saints shorts, a guy about 30 commented on them and we stopped for a chat, I’ve not seen him since. There was also a guy join my work in Harrogate who is saints fan originally from Totton and we’ve done a few games together. There was another guy who joined who was also a saints fan and moved to Grimsby area. He left and we’ve not kept contact. 

There is also a saints fan who lived round the corner from where we live before we moved in April, used to see his son in the area wearing a saints top quite regularly. Plus we play Friday night football and there is a bloke on the pitch next to us who wears a saints top and is a saints fan. Plus there are a couple of other saints fans I know that live in the area just outside Harrogate and one I’ve not met but have spoken to several times on the northern saints page, we did agree to all meet for a pint but never organised it

Ah - and how could I forget, David Prutton, used to his son in a saints top a fair bit, no idea if he’s a fan or not but I believe his wife is from Southampton so maybe they are both fans 

for a relatively small town 280 miles away from Southampton there must be about 8-10 that I know about which is quite a surprise as there will probably be some more that I’ve not come across yet

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yes. I was out running with my lad during lock down and he was wearing saints shorts, a guy about 30 commented on them and we stopped for a chat, I’ve not seen him since. There was also a guy join my work in Harrogate who is saints fan originally from Totton and we’ve done a few games together. There was another guy who joined who was also a saints fan and moved to Grimsby area. He left and we’ve not kept contact. 

There is also a saints fan who lived round the corner from where we live before we moved in April, used to see his son in the area wearing a saints top quite regularly. Plus we play Friday night football and there is a bloke on the pitch next to us who wears a saints top and is a saints fan. Plus there are a couple of other saints fans I know that live in the area just outside Harrogate and one I’ve not met but have spoken to several times on the northern saints page, we did agree to all meet for a pint but never organised it

for a relatively small town 280 miles away from Southampton there must be about 8-10 that I know about which is quite a surprise as there will probably be some that I’ve not come across yet

Pretty good going. I've been in Lee for about three years now and have not come across another Saints fan as yet. Can't even honestly say there is an abundance of the blue few either. Five minutes down the road in Gosport, it's a different matter though!

As my profile name suggests. Buried away in deepest East Kent. Southampton born and bred leaving Hants for work and stayed away. Get to the occasion games, home and away just to get away from the plastic Man U, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham (loads of them here) so called supporters living around me. There are a few Saints around here, occasionally seeing shirts being worn (with pride) and Saints 'We March On' car stickers. COYS 

16 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Pretty good going. I've been in Lee for about three years now and have not come across another Saints fan as yet. Can't even honestly say there is an abundance of the blue few either. Five minutes down the road in Gosport, it's a different matter though!

Living where I do with it being a long way away and a big Leeds area plus quite a few Liverpool and Man U fans then it’s always quite interesting to see a saints fan in the area. Always have a chat with any of they’re wearing saints gear. Guess it’s like when you’re on holiday and always end up chatting to any other saints fans if you bump into them

4 hours ago, The Cat said:

I'm in West Kent and I've seen a few Saints fans around here, my lad was reffed a couple of times last season by a kid in a saints training top, there's another Saints fan at his school, my daughter had two teachers who were Saints fans, bumped into a few in South East London and was playing football in Newham last week with my Saints kit on and one of the lads playing was a Saints fan from Shirley. I saw a bloke in a Saints kit in Canary Wharf the other week, I shouted 'up the the Saints' as we neared each other and he blanked me 😄, left me looking like a loon shouting at no one. A provincial club but we have a few fans dotted around.

1 hour ago, Doctoroncall said:

Deepest Cambridgeshire due to work after Uni. Only managed to get to a few games at SMS and a few aways. 

I’m sure there are a few Saints fans around here, I remember following a van which had a Saints sticker on it!

Also Cambridgeshire, I have actually seen a few young kids in their Saints shirts recently, having been born and grown up in the fens I rarely saw anyone in Saints stuff.

I live in mid Sussex, having grown up in Woolston. There's no other Saints in my village that I know of, and the only other fans I've seen are Dean Hammond's kids who are always in Saints shirts (I think he does private coaching sessions in the next village along from us).

I don't get to many Saints games these days as my son is a bit of a junior groundhopper who wants to go to a different level of football each week and prefers non-league crowds to the Premier League which he finds a bit overwhelming (he's autistic and it's a sensory thing).

Before junior came along, I worked in Dubai and flew in for the MK Dons game midweek in the JPT, to ensure I'd get a ticket for Wembley.  A mate of mine from Winchester just bought a ticket for the semi but didn't actually attend, but that was enough to qualify him for a Wembley ticket too, which is what I should have done!

Edited by andrew7610