January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

2 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Suspect he was considered as a wide player but we got Orsic instead. Doesn’t make much sense to be linked with Beto, Terrim and Jackson who all have a physical presence and then go for yet another right footed winger that plays predominantly on the left. He’ll probably sign tomorrow now I’ve said this 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Great chance to increase shirt sales in the far east though, stand by for a plain red shirt next season.

One simple change to the kit and a one and a half billion catchment area in the palm of our hands. 

9 hours ago, Dusic said:

Elyounoussi is a tactically aware player who can play multiple positions, has high availability and seems like a good pro.

Managers like these kind of players. Squads need these kind of players.

Seems the usual case of fans trying to see the best in a player cos the managers like him to me ..

I don’t rate him at all tbh he’s supposed to be an attacking midfielder but he’s got literally zero good attributes . He’s not fast, can’t beat players , doesn’t create doesn’t score .. offers zero creativity really and is taking the place of players who could make a impact or be creative ..even if they like him for workrate and off the ball attributes it’s obviously not helping us a lot as we are doing shit.

id take Gaston and boufal over him all day at least they had it in the locker to make things happen ..

moi is just average at basically everything and you hardly even notice him 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Seems the usual case of fans trying to see the best in a player cos the managers like him to me ..

I don’t rate him at all tbh he’s supposed to be an attacking midfielder but he’s got literally zero good attributes . He’s not fast, can’t beat players , doesn’t create doesn’t score .. offers zero creativity really and is taking the place of players who could make a impact or be creative ..even if they like him for workrate and off the ball attributes it’s obviously not helping us a lot as we are doing shit.

id take Gaston and boufal over him all day at least they had it in the locker to make things happen ..

Watch highlight of Wednesday. 

Not world beater, but decent player for level we are. Even in the highlights you can see two runs of him beating players. 

Not saying he is great, and we shouldn't aim higher, but has had decent performances, including Chelsea and Man C games. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Ralph used to say he’s brilliant when he hasn’t got the ball though 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

Not world beater, but decent player for level we are. Even in the highlights you can see two runs of him beating players. 

Not saying he is great, and we shouldn't aim higher, but has had decent performances, including Chelsea and Man C games. 

It’s not often he does do anything though is it.. how many times have you came away from a game thinking moi destroyed them today.. or moi was class today or even what a great bit of vision by moi :) ??

as a attacking midfielder he’s not really serving up anything and is literally one of the most dull attacking midfielders I can ever remember us having ..

if you just want average 6 out of ten performances at best I guess he’s your man 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

It's not enough though and I don't think he's a decent level for where we are, unless you want to be courting relegation every season.  Give him a new contract and he'll be one of the reasons why we can't improve the squad simply because we can't shift him and no one else will want him. There's not a single club in this division that would take him and even Celtic weren't that fussed. 

Yeah, he's a decent bloke and I'd never say he wasn't committed but that's not a reason to extend the contract of someone who has been proven to be sub-standard and in all likelihood will get worse as time catches up with him.  He's 28 now and he ain't getting any better.

Not really having a pop at you and for sentimental reasons I can see the value in rewarding him with a new contract but IMO it doesn't make sense either financially or in a footballing sense.  A squad player should be someone we're developing and hope to improve, not someone who hasn't been good enough and isn't likely to improve.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

https://www.footmercato.net/a5527560835526625004-logc-nice-fonce-sur-terem-moffi

Apparently Nice have entered the game, BBC sport said it was agreed but I've just read the article and Lorient haven't agreed anything yet as they want 25-30m

Would imagine it’s a no-deal for us since Foley purchased a chunk of Lorient.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, West end Saints said:

The level we are is bottom of the league. Not purely down to him of course, but perhaps now is our chance to cut him loose and aim higher. 

He's going to get a new deal, so all we can do is get behind him and hope he has more than two memorable games every four years.

15 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

https://www.footmercato.net/a5527560835526625004-logc-nice-fonce-sur-terem-moffi

Apparently Nice have entered the game, BBC sport said it was agreed but I've just read the article and Lorient haven't agreed anything yet as they want 25-30m

Keep up CC, I posted this yesterday. 😏 Interesting that it's been reported that he agreed personal terms with Nice back in December. 

Scored a decent break away goal against Monaco the other night.

• Like 1

Are we getting excited by the Moffi rumour just because he’s a striker, rather than knowing his actual ability?

I only say this as I’ve never seen him play, and one prolific season doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence. 🤣

As for Orsic and Alcaraz - I’ve never seen either of them play so have no real opinion of what to expect.

I just hope whoever we buy we hit the ground running.

6 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Are we getting excited by the Moffi rumour just because he’s a striker, rather than knowing his actual ability?

I only say this as I’ve never seen him play, and one prolific season doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence. 🤣

As for Orsic and Alcaraz - I’ve never seen either of them play so have no real opinion of what to expect.

I just hope whoever we buy we hit the ground running.

I'm not overly excited by the Moffi rumours/links, but I guess if you want someone to 'hit the ground running', then a guy scoring goals and full of confidence is a good start. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Would imagine it’s a no-deal for us since Foley purchased a chunk of Lorient.

Ever since I found out the Bournemouth guy was in on Lorient I'd written Moffi off as ever coming to us. Just not going to happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

I'm not overly excited by the Moffi rumours/links, but I guess if you want someone to 'hit the ground running', then a guy scoring goals and full of confidence is a good start. 

I want Beto and with udinese bidding for the us based player it could be on (https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/sources-fc-cincinnati-receive-offer-from-udinese-for-brenner)

I see Inter milan being touted as being interested as well but doubt they have the funds and need the additional wages for forward with lukaku there.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I want Beto and with udinese bidding for the us based player it could be on (https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/sources-fc-cincinnati-receive-offer-from-udinese-for-brenner)

I see Inter milan being touted as being interested as well but doubt they have the funds and need the additional wages for forward with lukaku there.

Beto would be ideal. Hope we are in for him. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, DT said:

Beto would be ideal. Hope we are in for him. 

Likewise. He was mentioned (literally one sentence) as being a target in an earlier article about us wanting Alcarez. Udinese will want €30m and because they are well funded are not desperate to sell. Very doubtful he comes to us. 

• Like 1

Is Maeda the Japanese Shane Long? Not meant in a derogatory way but seems like his best attributes are physical rather than technical?

Anyone seen much of James Bree? Has good stats for chance creation (think he is on set pieces) and would possibly be a good cover player for a cheap fee given we possibly hadnt anticipated spending on a RB before Tino's setback. Will be interesting to see if he plays for Luton today or not. Tanswell has been pretty on the money this window so if he says he is a target then I'm sure he is.

Edited by Dusic

Well … to be fair we’re virtually halfway through the window and still don’t have a striker. I know it’s not easy but we’ve needed one since we knew Broja wasn’t returning which I reckon is about 10 months.

Whatever todays result and whoever is manager, not having this sorted is by now is a complete failure.

Hopefully we don’t suffer directly today and get the long overdue win at Goodson. Hated them since 84 and god knows we need the points!!! COYS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Is Maeda the Japanese Shane Long? Not meant in a derogatory way but seems like his best attributes are physical rather than technical?

Anyone seen much of James Bree? Has good stats for chance creation (think he is on set pieces) and would possibly be a good cover player for a cheap fee given we possibly hadnt anticipated spending on a RB before Tino's setback. Will be interesting to see if he plays for Luton today or not. Tanswell has been pretty on the money this window so if he says he is a target then I'm sure he is.

I've seen that a few of their fans seem to rate him. They think he could do well in the Prem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Watch this thread go mental again if we lose today.

win lose of draw today, every position could be improved with the right signing, so just like every football manager, the fans will want us to spend/bring in new talent.

Note that we are not exactly cash rich. The club just had to issue £8m of shares (no doubt Dragon providing a cash injection) to cover shortfalls in operating costs. We aren't going to be spending €30m on a new striker IMO, especially if the selling club wants all of the money up front.

Be disappointed if we were in for Maeda. Out of the Celtic forwards I'd much prefer Kyogo. He's a very good finisher. If it's true we were in for Moffi and Beto, Maeda would also seem a very different type of player, not nearly as physically imposing. 

Edited by mitch01

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

What can you tell us about him? 

His name is made up of 50% vowels. That's always a good sign. Adams is only at 40%, hence he's shit, and Armstrong only about 22%. That's proper statistical analysis is that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, egg said:

His name is made up of 50% vowels. That's always a good sign. Adams is only at 40%, hence he's shit, and Armstrong only about 22%. That's proper statistical analysis is that. 

Sekou Mara, properly world class.

Edit. I se this was coved already….

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Who the f*ck is Beto?

Norberto Bercique Gomes Betuncal, Portugese striker at Udinese. 24 years old, 6'4", 17 goals in 44 games. He used to work at KFC, seems pretty humble as a result. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

Norberto Bercique Gomes Betuncal, Portugese striker at Udinese. 24 years old, 6'4", 17 goals in 44 games. He used to work at KFC, seems pretty humble as a result. 

12 vowels out of 29 letters is 41%. Not for me, Clive.

• Like 1

Maeda Can play out wide or in the centre. Scored against Rangers last week and played in the World Cup.

not saying he is the solution but I’m impressed with our targets.

I know it’s a bit complicated with some but anyone here who bothered to listen to the Rasmus interview where he said Saints fans have some very exciting news coming up.

That Athletic podcast was interesting they said Nathan Jones is the football league on expenditure.

never mind I’m sure you knuckledraggers are looking forward to an Everton victory say you can back to posting dumb negative posts 🇷🇺

Edited by manji

7 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Nice will have a bit of extra cash now, having just received £9m from Wolves for Lemina. I wonder if we had a sell on…..?