January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Chelsea have no real strategy, as shown by their bid for Lavia just a few weeks into his career here. They wait for other clubs to scout, then go sniffing and get them anyway (Felix another example).

Not really sure what their end-goal is, they look all over the place.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Chelsea have no real strategy, as shown by their bid for Lavia just a few weeks into his career here. They wait for other clubs to scout, then go sniffing and get them anyway (Felix another example).

Not really sure what their end-goal is, they look all over the place.

Their new owner is a halfwit. Guessing a lot of Chelsea fans are really regretting the Russia-Ukraine War.

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

Is Beto the new buzz word never heard of the geezer it's like me going sign paul onuachu because he has a good record in the Belgium league..... Are we actually in for this Beto Lad if not why are we still get semis over nothing...

There has been one solitary story that said he was a target. It was a while ago. However, that one story, was mostly about us trying to sign Alcaraz - it was basically a footnote to that story. Obviously that one happened, so maybe the journalist has some insight.

7 minutes ago, OVER THE HILL said:

Moffi just scored another. 

The management just need to offer Lorient £25m in an offer that is suitable for us financially and Moffi a lucrative deal to come to the EPL, he’s the type of guy we are crying out for and after that Everton win, we have a chance now to stay in this league and make back what we’ll shell out for him in the TV money that we won’t lose out on by going down!

• Like 2

I thought both Lyanco and Salisu did well when they had to play at fullback today but also felt it was quite clear neither of them can pass well from that part of the pitch. I think if you can bring in a fullback at a reasonable price you make that deal 100%.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ecurnew02 said:

I thought both Lyanco and Salisu did well when they had to play at fullback today but also felt it was quite clear neither of them can pass well from that part of the pitch. I think if you can bring in a fullback at a reasonable price you make that deal 100%.

Not sure i see that. Think we are utilising CB there to help cover for fact we have been so abject at defending corners. Also it allows easier shifting of formation/positioon like today.Could see us getting squad depth(guy from luton) but not sure he'd be an automatic starter.  Part of me wonder what happens when ABK is back fit. He's probably the best technically but not maybe as versatile as Lyanco/Salisu or as physically imposing as DCC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Not sure i see that. Think we are utilising CB there to help cover for fact we have been so abject at defending corners. Also it allows easier shifting of formation/positioon like today.Could see us getting squad depth(guy from luton) but not sure he'd be an automatic starter.  Part of me wonder what happens when ABK is back fit. He's probably the best technically but not maybe as versatile as Lyanco/Salisu or as physically imposing as DCC.

Not sure what makes you think ABK isn't as physically imposing as DCC. ABK is a unit. He's also mobile. Salisu had a very poor first half. ABK could replace him and DCC playa alongside him. If we need a left back, lets get one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

The Moffi rumours just seem agent type rumours to me, nothing concrete. 

You could be right, but agent rumours usually are along the lines of "Southampton are interested...". When I read "Southampton have bid €15m...", it starts to feel a bit more real". Not sure if that is accurate. We will find out next week, probably.

14 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Michail Antonio anyone? Available but not on loan which probably rules us out but ticks a lot of boxes.

£100k+ a week wages are scary for a player that seems to always be half injured.  West Ham don't seem to want to sell him to Wolves. Is he really available?

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

You could be right, but agent rumours usually are along the lines of "Southampton are interested...". When I read "Southampton have bid €15m...", it starts to feel a bit more real". Not sure if that is accurate. We will find out next week, probably.

Last I read was we had had a 20m offer turned down.

6 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Last I read was we had had a 20m offer turned down.

€15m according to the French press, which you would guess would be most clued up. I think someone on here said Sky reported a £20m figure, but do they have clue? I doubt it, especially as the French press reported yesterday that Nice had bid €18m.

Edited by Chez

1 hour ago, Chez said:

£100k+ a week wages are scary for a player that seems to always be half injured.  West Ham don't seem to want to sell him to Wolves. Is he really available?

Yeah far too expensive but reports suggest they are up for selling if someone stumps up the cash. If they are after a striker themselves and nobody is stumping up the cash for Antonio, I wouldn't be shocked to see a late loan move covering half of the wages somewhere. Still not convinced we would be interested but power, experience and goals are all things we want.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

€15m according to the French press, which you would guess would be most clued up. I think someone on here said Sky reported a £20m figure, but do they have clue? I doubt it, especially as the French press reported yesterday that Nice had bid €18m.

spacer.png

Is a french press a reliable source?

• Haha 1

A player I wouldn’t mind us taking a look at, to see if we can pinch on loan or a reasonable deal, is Scott Mctominay. 

Would provide vital cover for Lavia in the deeper midfield role (not his best position though), but would be a real solid option in the “8” next to lavia. 

Would add physicality and ability to drive forward, which diallo doesn’t do consistently enough for me. 

Onana today absolutely bossed the midfield, especially in the first half, we need someone with a bit of physicality in there. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Dman said:

A player I wouldn’t mind us taking a look at, to see if we can pinch on loan or a reasonable deal, is Scott Mctominay. 

Would provide vital cover for Lavia in the deeper midfield role (not his best position though), but would be a real solid option in the “8” next to lavia. 

Would add physicality and ability to drive forward, which diallo doesn’t do consistently enough for me. 

Onana today absolutely bossed the midfield, especially in the first half, we need someone with a bit of physicality in there. 

Word is we enquired about him but Ten Hag wants to keep him.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I saw Secret Scout, laughed, saw the user that posted this, laughed harder, then moved on. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Secret Scout is pretty decent, and given that Chelsea’s official instagram bio has @mmudryk10 in it, would suggest all is genuine. 

I think City are more than happy to give us players they won’t risk regularly in their first team and retain that option to buy them back.

They either make money for players that won’t ever make it for them or buy back the ones that will (Lavia would be likely an example in future). Almost becomes a development fee for turning their promising talents into top 4 players for the ones they would buy back.

Also suits or sustainable model well, surely everyone is a winner?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I think City are more than happy to give us players they won’t risk regularly in their first team and retain that option to buy them back.

They either make money for players that won’t ever make it for them or buy back the ones that will (Lavia would be likely an example in future). Almost becomes a development fee for turning their promising talents into top 4 players for the ones they would buy back.

Also suits or sustainable model well, surely everyone is a winner?

Agree, but Borges is viewed by City in that same bracket as Foden, Palmer, Lewis etc. He will be City first team in 12/18 months so I cant see them entertaining a sale and buy back option. Maybe a loan to get him some experience but thats it.

The Secret Scout is probably one of the most informed about PL youth level players and he raves about Borges

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Agree, but Borges is viewed by City in that same bracket as Foden, Palmer, Lewis etc. He will be City first team in 12/18 months so I cant see them entertaining a sale and buy back option. Maybe a loan to get him some experience but thats it.

The Secret Scout is probably one of the most informed about PL youth level players and he raves about Borges

Sounds like one to keep an eye on! I must admit I don’t know much about Borges.

I guess seeing the quality of Lavia gives me hope that they might sell a baller. I still can’t get my head around Philips signing for £50m and giving us Lavia. Maybe it’s because they know he won’t develop quickly on their bench. 

Either way long May this relationship continue. We clearly need to stay up to make the most of that relationship.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Sorry, now is not the time to be buying youth players.  We’re still bottom of the league.

These 2 City players are reportedly summer targets, I’m sure we will be signing more experienced players this window. 

Edited by goodymatt
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Was talking to a man city supporting mate of mine and apparantly Pep doesn’t massively rate Borges who still doesn’t train with the first team so there moght be legs to this

At the end of the day like Lavia, City have a great many talents ln the books and the upcoming change in loan rules means that they’ll need to sell instead of loaning these guys out so structuring deals much like Livramento and Lavia is sensible

12 hours ago, Dman said:

Agreed would add a bit of grit, aggression, leadership which we need more of get some nasty hard bstsrds in! 

19 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

We may as well be part of the City Group at this stage 😅

As others have alluded to, I'd like to see more experienced players bought in this window. Give the team some balance. I'd be looking for a LB/RB, as we only really have KWP and Perraud available and I'm not a fan of AMN/Lyanco/Salisu covering those positions. 

I'd take Ings back tomorrow. Him and Adams had a great partnership going before and he could score the goals to keep us up. Not in line with Sport Republics ethos though so won't happen. They'll try to unearth a striker from one of Europe's top leagues for £15m and that's too risky for our current position IMO. 

If we can keep our status in the PL then I believe the future is very bright for us, might take a couple of seasons but I think we'll be competing for the top half again. Big IF though. 

Edited by Sfcphilc
Can't spell

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Was talking to a man city supporting mate of mine and apparantly Pep doesn’t massively rate Borges who still doesn’t train with the first team so there moght be legs to this

At the end of the day like Lavia, City have a great many talents ln the books and the upcoming change in loan rules means that they’ll need to sell instead of loaning these guys out so structuring deals much like Livramento and Lavia is sensible

I would think Pep is a pretty good judge of a player.