Monster news...

jawillwill

3 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

It’s about GAO and Money laundering and we could get a points deduction apparently.. loada bollox tho I reckon !

Could we get a points deduction when Gao has sold up and left? Seems like that’d be zero punishment on him and everything on SR.

I find it hard to believe that Tanswell would trail a story about money laundering and a potential Saints point deduction with a jolly "monster exclusive tomorrow" hype post.

Thats not quite the right vibe for a story like that.

It's going to be big/significant news, I don't think it will be a scandal-type story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I find it hard to believe that Tanswell would trail a story about money laundering and a potential Saints point deduction with a jolly "monster exclusive tomorrow" hype post.

Thats not quite the right vibe for a story like that.

It's going to be big/significant news, I don't think it will be a scandal-type story.

My unlaundered Money is on Semmens gone 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Hopefully its a new chief executive to really lead the club and take us to the next level. 

We just need someone with a proven track record and history of success.

As long as it is someone with a background in something like venture capital, sports management, football administration, ice hockey coaching, big business leadership at multinational corporations. That kind of thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Hopefully its a new chief executive to really lead the club and take us to the next level. 

We just need someone with a proven track record and history of success.

As long as it is someone with a background in something like venture capital, sports management, football administration, ice hockey coaching, big business leadership at multinational corporations. That kind of thing.

Dare I request an update on the whereabouts of the five pledges as their first action?

• Haha 1

The way things have been lately, just waiting for something extremely negative or at best overly underwhelming to be announced. The enduring hope that sits alongside being a long term Saints supporter is that there’s an announcement about a new top striker signing or new big investment…yeah right.

17 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

More smoke up their own arse. I hate the term sleepwalking to relegation, but...

We're in the bottom three. How can we be "sleepwalking" towards it? We're awake and having a nice gentle stroll towards it and feeding the ducks on the way there.

No idea what that last bit even means. Metaphor for another 9-0 maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We're in the bottom three. How can we be "sleepwalking" towards it? We're awake and having a nice gentle stroll towards it and feeding the ducks on the way there.

No idea what that last bit even means. Metaphor for another 9-0 maybe.

My point is that these guys don't seem aware of that fact. They're talking about these young players taking us to the top ten while, as you say, we sit in the bottom three. They're also playing down the failure to sign a striker by saying "wow, we signed a lot of really good players". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SambaMaverick said:

My point is that these guys don't seem aware of that fact. They're talking about these young players taking us to the top ten while, as you say, we sit in the bottom three. They're also playing down the failure to sign a striker by saying "wow, we signed a lot of really good players". 

They didn't say that though in that context, they spoke about how hard they tried, they had two deals lined up with personal terms agreed but were delayed due to champions league matches, then they fell through at the last minute leaving no time to do anything else. They then say the overall view of the window is "wow, we signed a lot of really good players" and they did.

Overall not really sure what people expect, it was okay, hardly "monster" but an interesting read, not exactly a revelation but then they aren;t going to do that in the athletic. Doesnt appear like Semmens is going anywhere soon despite rumours

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1