Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

13 minutes ago, ChadsaSaint said:

Did I read that Eddie Howe could have been a recent possibility?  Saints dropped him out in 2016, perhaps 2023 is the year of his return?

spacer.png

Were in talks but the Board at the time deemed it too expensive to get rid of Ralph - and so the rest is history.  They (i.e. Semmens) couldn't possibly be thinking the same again could he, or does he now have no say in the matter??

33 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

To be honest if he hasn't been told this then SR need their collective heads examining. Leaving aside the jaw-dropping decision not to sack him yesterday after Saturday's debacle, it would be utter incompetence to keep a manager in post who has stated to the entire nation that he now "needs to do things his way" in order to succeed.....and then allow him to fail again.

And what if by some fluke we scrape a win or a draw - what happens then?  We waste another few weeks until the next debacle??  Has to go NOW!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, charliemiller said:

Lavia , orsic , cal car , bella kothchup all training on there own

Wow, what an absolute shambles. Unbelievable that this is allowed to drag on. How much damage needs to be done before the inevitable happens? 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Says the bloke who regularly has keyboard meltdowns and never leaves his cosy lounge when he can moan all day on keyboards :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Personal vendettas aside though, he's right, there won't be any meaningful  protests or any telling questions at the fans forum.

Not sure I believe this stuff about punch ups at training and isolating all our best players and making them train alone. Anyone on a forum could just make shit like that up and it sounds interesting but there's nothing concrete. 

If they're all put of the team on Saturday though maybe that will be more proof! 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, goodymatt said:

If true and 4 of our better players are training alone, Saturday is going to go well… Lavia especially is key to our midfield.   I’m not sure in the stats but I’m pretty sure when he’s started games we’ve got a significantly better PPG?

Jones ball don’t need midfield ….hoof bypassed 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

If true and 4 of our better players are training alone, Saturday is going to go well… Lavia especially is key to our midfield.   I’m not sure in the stats but I’m pretty sure when he’s started games we’ve got a significantly better PPG?

Nath is doing things his way now and there is no one better in Europe so it should be an easy win

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not sure I believe this stuff about punch ups at training and isolating all our best players and making them train alone. Anyone on a forum could just make shit like that up and it sounds interesting but there's nothing concrete. 

Given the sources - I tend to believe the Sunday morning bust up at training but not about players training on their own. That being said I haven't had experience of charlie's ITKness.  I am both happy and unhappy to be proven wrong on both of these.

Edited by coalman

Just now, coalman said:

Given the sources - I tend to believe the Sunday morning bust up at training but not about players training on their own. I am both happy and unhappy to be proven wrong on both of these.

I saw that Pilchards commented on it but I don't think he'd said he'd heard that rumour himself. 

2 minutes ago, coalman said:

Given the sources - I tend to believe the Sunday morning bust up at training but not about players training on their own. That being said I haven't had experience of charlie's ITKness.  I am both happy and unhappy to be proven wrong on both of these.

There's a case of people just reading way too much into things I'd imagine, emotions are heightened so everything will be under the microscope. Who knows what the context is of them training a lone, probably not what everyone thinks (if it is indeed true)

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

There's a case of people just reading way too much into things I'd imagine, emotions are heightened so everything will be under the microscope. Who knows what the context is of them training a lone, probably not what everyone thinks (if it is indeed true)

Could be fitness related which would make sense considering they all played in the B team apart from Lavia. 

Edited by hypochondriac

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Charlie Miller got it from some bloke on 606 who claims his mates friend supposedly works at the training ground. I wouldn't consider that reliable. 

I was referring to the original training alone post. The 606 rumour I'm not so sure.

If you wanted to try your damnedest to make the case for giving NJ "a little more time" as his song goes, it would be something like this:

- we've all (including SR) known for a long time the team needs better options up front. That's been the main explanation of our poor perf for last year.

- those options came in all of 10 days ago.

- it wasn't unreasonable to bring them on off the bench for their first game.

- so they've had all of 45 mins to make their mark.

- both looked really promising, especially Sulemana (that speed!)

- both seem currently to be supportive of NJ (eg the puff piece in the Echo today).

- so arguably Saturday is the first game when there's really been a chance to see NJ's vision of a fully-charged Saints side.

- it may be last chance saloon, but it's worth granting.

To be clear, I'm not sure I want to argue this. I'm as frustrated as anyone by NJ's ill chosen remarks after the last game. The only thing you cd say is that the pressure on him is insane, and sometimes people don't show their best side in those circumstances. 

But he does seem to still have JWP's support, and is there maybe a chance that through all this, JWP emerges stronger as captain?  I dunno. I may be grasping at straws. Unlike some others on here, I do think Rasmus and SR are really strong. They had a reason for this appointment that we haven't seen yet. But they're also smart enough to change course if that's what's needed. Unlike us they have their personal fortunes on the line.  

I'm guessing they'll allow another game or two before the switch. I'm willing to TRY to continue to believe...

28 minutes ago, malcolm waldron said:

Were in talks but the Board at the time deemed it too expensive to get rid of Ralph - and so the rest is history.  They (i.e. Semmens) couldn't possibly be thinking the same again could he, or does he now have no say in the matter??

Hang on!

Someone said earlier that we pay sacked managers in full until they find / start a new job.

If Ralph picks up the new gig he is being linked to that would essentially be four months pay rather than the £6m that has been quoted previously.

Not convinced to that's too expensive...

Just now, coalman said:

I believe @Saint Garrett first said it on Sunday morning.

Yes that's where it originated. Still not sure of its validity though since some on tui said he wasn't at training and other reports were that everything was normal. Sometimes these things get said because they are easy rumours to start with little substance and removed from context. At worst I reckon it was maybe handbags with a few players that got broken up. Full on fighting between the players and manager is just unlikely imo. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Diggers! Where have you been hiding, you little rascal?

Currently hiding under a rock until Nat is gone! In more general terms, more of a lurking vibe on here these days. Something about seeing some of our best players training alone in the days before a massive home game prompted me to comment! Hope it isn't true but seems very Jonesy to me. Hope you're all good!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Given that Charlie has subsequently treferenced 606, it seems he's just rehashing what was posted on there. 

That’s what I thought, but having just checked it seems like Charlie’s post on here was made before the 606 post…

Edited by The Kraken

1 hour ago, Osvaldorama said:

Thats because our squad was signed with Ralph ball in mind - work hard out of possession, close down opposition, pass and move. 

Jonesball is totally different. Kick it up in the air, swing crosses in, “be aggressive”. 

This was blatantly fucking obvious to absolutely everyone except the idiots in charge of the club. 

In some ways I feel sorry for Jones as he has been thrown in to a club that has zero players that fit his hoof ball league one tactics.

But equally I don’t because he’s an absolute helmet. 

Can you please tell me when Ralph ball was in play this year, as to mymind that went out of the window last year

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

That’s what I thought, but having just checked it seems like Charlie’s post on here was made before the 606 post…

I saw a post on twitter saying the same just before Charlie posted on here. Maybe got it from there.

2 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

I saw a post on twitter saying the same just before Charlie posted on here. Maybe got it from there.

Having said that, looking at the time of Charlie’s post, his came first. A subsequent post on twitter say the first tweet was copied from a post on Saintsweb.

I don’t doubt it’s highly likely that it would be the Saintsiest/Nathan Jones thing to happen in isolating certain players; but I’m not going to take one posters word that it’s legit.

It doesn’t really phase me what happens on the training ground, bottom line is if he is still manager we will be going down. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m more intrigued about the fans forum tonight

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!