Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 hour ago, egg said:

As much as I want this guy gone asap, all the personal stuff is a bit much. Loon, narcissist, being Welsh, etc, etc, just ain't needed.

He's been a shit appointment, lets himself and the club down when he speaks, and needs replacing. Surely that's all that needs  to be said.

The grief he gets is fully deserved, it’s his self important shit attitude that makes it that way,

Oh!! and being utterly clueless as a football coach/manager

The sooner he fucks of the better for everyone connected to SFC

• Like 1

Regular reader, very occasional poster here.

Is it me or is it very odd that there are 56 photos of the training today:

1. Not a single smile on any of the ? 100-odd faces

2. Plenty of Lavia, Caleta-Car, JWP, Tall Paul etc

3. One, distant, uninvolved, scowling Jones.

The club's media person obviously chooses the photos from the 100's the photographer takes. Message here, surely?

And if the message is: He's going/gone, why on earth involve him in training except to maintain appearances prior to finalising sacking arrangements?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CamberwellSaint said:

Regular reader, very occasional poster here.

Is it me or is it very odd that there are 56 photos of the training today:

1. Not a single smile on any of the ? 100-odd faces

2. Plenty of Lavia, Caleta-Car, JWP, Tall Paul etc

3. One, distant, uninvolved, scowling Jones.

The club's media person obviously chooses the photos from the 100's the photographer takes. Message here, surely?

And if the message is: He's going/gone, why on earth involve him in training except to maintain appearances prior to finalising sacking arrangements?

Must admit I hadn’t thought of it this way. Didn’t get that message. The one I got was: he is still here. Nothing to see. More about the players. Hope you’re right. Look forward to the reports from Pravda tonight. 

I'm not sure whether I need or have to add to this thread. I agree with almost everyone here regarding Jones.

However, I will add my 2 penneth because that is all we .....all of us Saints fans here on this Forum...can do. This Club is important to us and it is truly dreadful to see where we are going here with this bloke.

I had a minor spat with wild-saint a few weeks ago when he referred to me as a " wet fanny " ! However, I have liked many of his posts on this thread so we are good mates now as we have to be because all of us here support our Club and need to stay together as we have a deep concern about our future now.

My absolute concern here is how the hell did this strange man ever get this job. What were the processes before he was announced as our Manager ?.

Weren't any of his chararcter traits spotted when he interviewed ? They show quite clearly in his interviews. His nervousness, his irritabilty, his defensiveness, his anger, his agressiveness when mildly challenged, his ability to deflect and not take any responsibilty.Add in his constant picking of his nose, his nail biting. Also he's unkempt, he's dishevilled, he's untidy. He's the Manager of our Club for Christs sake. He should be better than this.   

I do believe he is a charlaton and a fraud. Just out of interest I have listened to interviews he did whilst at Stoke and Luton and all the wierd stuff is there. The modern football buzz words like " high press " and " transition " It makes a very simple game sound complicated and it is not !

For my sins, some months ago,I listened to several inteviews on Radio Solent with the Blue Fews former manager, Danny Cowley and I think he and Jones are cut from the same cloth. They used the same pointless, meaningless stuff. 

And please forgive me for this last bit.  I've mentioned all this before in a previouspost and I apologise if it's boring too many here. However I think that when we are faced with this debacle within our Club, you can only use your own experiences in work and your life to compare and have an opinion .

I served in the Royal Navy for quite a number of years. I, like everyone in the Services, went through very strict and traditional processes to attain a promotion. Board interviews with blokes senior to you. Tests to make sure you knew what you were doing and was up forthe job. Jones would have been found out in seconds ! How the hell did he get this job ! Add in that I was paid a pittance compared to what this bloke is on. 

In my opinion he is utterly inept and ill suited to be our Manager. I liked Ralph. He had dignity and principles. I did think that his time was up as our Manager but I would have him back in a heartbeat instead of this wierd and worrying little twerp .

After that atrocious interview after the Brentford match I am reminded of a saying in the RN....... "Best to keep your mouth shut just in case people think you might be an idiot rather than open it and have it confirmed " .

I have had a little bit of ill health lately so I wont be going on Saturday. I wish everyone well who is going and I hope this is resolved very soon now

• Like 37

5 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Regardless, he was at Stoke, a proud club with a good top flight history. This level of public facing narcissism appears strange to me.  

What I was trying (poorly) to get at was that it shows him for being a bit of an egotistical twat. “Look that’s me, I beat a bielsa team”. You can imagine him walking down the corridor and pointing it out to anyone who cares to listen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

What I was trying (poorly) to get at was that it shows him for being a bit of an egotistical twat. “Look that’s me, I beat a bielsa team”. You can imagine him walking down the corridor and pointing it out to anyone who cares to listen.

Apologies Toadhall, I misunderstood. We are singing from the same songsheet 👊

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Francis1947 said:

I'm not sure whether I need or have to add to this thread. I agree with almost everyone here regarding Jones.

However, I will add my 2 penneth because that is all we .....all of us Saints fans here on this Forum...can do. This Club is important to us and it is truly dreadful to see where we are going here with this bloke.

I had a minor spat with wild-saint a few weeks ago when he referred to me as a " wet fanny " ! However, I have liked many of his posts on this thread so we are good mates now as we have to be because all of us here support our Club and need to stay together as we have a deep concern about our future now.

My absolute concern here is how the hell did this strange man ever get this job. What were the processes before he was announced as our Manager ?.

Weren't any of his chararcter traits spotted when he interviewed ? They show quite clearly in his interviews. His nervousness, his irritabilty, his defensiveness, his anger, his agressiveness when mildly challenged, his ability to deflect and not take any responsibilty.Add in his constant picking of his nose, his nail biting. Also he's unkempt, he's dishevilled, he's untidy. He's the Manager of our Club for Christs sake. He should be better than this.   

I do believe he is a charlaton and a fraud. Just out of interest I have listened to interviews he did whilst at Stoke and Luton and all the wierd stuff is there. The modern football buzz words like " high press " and " transition " It makes a very simple game sound complicated and it is not !

For my sins, some months ago,I listened to several inteviews on Radio Solent with the Blue Fews former manager, Danny Cowley and I think he and Jones are cut from the same cloth. They used the same pointless, meaningless stuff. 

And please forgive me for this last bit.  I've mentioned all this before in a previouspost and I apologise if it's boring too many here. However I think that when we are faced with this debacle within our Club, you can only use your own experiences in work and your life to compare and have an opinion .

I served in the Royal Navy for quite a number of years. I, like everyone in the Services, went through very strict and traditional processes to attain a promotion. Board interviews with blokes senior to you. Tests to make sure you knew what you were doing and was up forthe job. Jones would have been found out in seconds ! How the hell did he get this job ! Add in that I was paid a pittance compared to what this bloke is on. 

In my opinion he is utterly inept and ill suited to be our Manager. I liked Ralph. He had dignity and principles. I did think that his time was up as our Manager but I would have him back in a heartbeat instead of this wierd and worrying little twerp .

After that atrocious interview after the Brentford match I am reminded of a saying in the RN....... "Best to keep your mouth shut just in case people think you might be an idiot rather than open it and have it confirmed " .

I have had a little bit of ill health lately so I wont be going on Saturday. I wish everyone well who is going and I hope this is resolved very soon now

I hope you're better soon.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, derry said:

Many thanks Derry for your kind thoughts. Just had to endure 2 " procedures "  !!!! One from above and one below the water line !!!!!

Dont want to go through that experience ever again but all fine.  Just getting old now.  My Missus thinks it's  best not for me to attend on Saturday.

I would like to as I think it's going to be interesting ! Presume you are going so please give the little twerp hell for me . 

17 minutes ago, derry said:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Francis1947 said:

Weren't any of his chararcter traits spotted when he interviewed ? .........

Hope you're better soon. I agree wholeheartedly on the recruitment process. It's worrying that those responsible considered him a suitable personality, and that those same people will be involved in choosing his successor and other key roles within the club. Ankersen has far more influence with us than he had at Brentford, and the Jones appointment leaves a large question mark hanging over his judgement. 

• Like 6

You need to address your question as to why Jones was appointed to the genius that is Rasmus Ankersen. He could have been man enough to stand up and explain in the fan's forum today but it seems all he had to say on the subject was that Jones needs to be given more time with the new players. Will more time make Jones better able to communicate with the press in his interviews and stop him lashing out like a drunk outside a nightclub? He is the face and voice of our football club - is Ankersen happy with that? Will more time make him a better coach? I doubt that very much and time is something we don't have. The whole thing is a mess and those involved in this appointment need to hang their heads in shame. Never trust someone who comes across as a bit of a hipster guru and writes books about achieving success because most of it is padding, waffle, fluff and bullshit. We've been conned by a charlatan I'm afraid and he continues to make important decisions concerning the future of Southampon FC. Bonkers!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Cannot wait till we lose to Luton.

”Well it’s clear they’re a well organised team building on my foundations, that’s how my teams play”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Imagine if we beat Wolves, hit form, win the FA Cup and stay up by doing it "his way". Will we all eat humble pie? Obviously it won't happen but it's fun to imagine.

No, we want to lose because losing and being proved right is much better than winning the FA Cup. Jesus wept.

• Haha 2

Get well soon Francis, and keep the faith that the boil on the arse of SFC will be lanced soon! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

No, we want to lose because losing and being proved right is much better than winning the FA Cup. Jesus wept.

If we stay up and win the cup final in May I still intend to knee Nat in the Crown Jewels on his way up the steps to King Charles. Frame and mount that photo you little weasel! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Imagine if we beat Wolves, hit form, win the FA Cup and stay up by doing it "his way". Will we all eat humble pie? Obviously it won't happen but it's fun to imagine.

I was under the same illusion after we beat Palace, Citeh and Everton...........but normal service has resumed!

James Bree is the patsy who has done a video interview with Sky Sport about 'the gaffer' and how 'everybody is 100% behind him'. What absolute bollocks.

Vox pop outside the fans forum by Sky is pretty damning though. 'Jones has not got the backing of the fans. It's toxic', said one. Another couldn't see what skills he has. Quite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

We'd have to beat Luton first, and they are a very organised and front footed side, they play aggressively, and might be one of the best teams in Europe..  

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, ashnats said:

We'd have to beat Luton first, and they are a very organised and front footed side, they play aggressively, and might be one of the best teams in Europe..  

It’s pretty much nailed on that if we end up playing them, they will beat us. It’s just how football works 

2 hours ago, Francis1947 said:

I wise man doesn’t have to speak but a fool has to say something…….maybe NJ should bare that in mind!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Francis1947 said:

Many thanks Derry for your kind thoughts. Just had to endure 2 " procedures "  !!!! One from above and one below the water line !!!!!

Dont want to go through that experience ever again but all fine.  Just getting old now.  My Missus thinks it's  best not for me to attend on Saturday.

I would like to as I think it's going to be interesting ! Presume you are going so please give the little twerp hell for me . 

I gave up my season ticket after many years watching garbage. After Koeman It went pear shaped and looked nothing like I wanted it to be. When Covid came I just didn't renew. I have a great IPTV so I've not missed a game since. I'm just yelling at the tv or laptop now, nothing changes. Getting old is a pest, although I'm still playing regular golf in spite of it. At least my brain is functioning well, I'm driving a fast car not exactly a Boeing. Best wishes for your recovery.

26 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Your hilarious “Rarebit” isn’t catching on mate, I’d try another moniker if I was you, you might have more luck. 

I would like to believe this post is one of the most brilliant bits of self-aware irony in internet history, I really would.

• Haha 9

Just want to post this in case it's been missed:

Monday Night Club - BBC Sounds
5 Live Sport - The Monday Night Club - 06/02/2023 - BBC Sounds

Absolutely fascinating listen, they talk about Saints and Nathan Jones 1:08:00-1:26:00ish.
Chris Sutton has a very direct rant about how poor a manager he is and how he should be sacked immediately. Yasmin, Saints Voice panel gives her views too which is 100% spot on.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!