Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

11 hours ago, trousers said:

Our squad on this very day 8 years ago... Is that really 19 places better than our current squad (on paper)?

Screenshot_20230207-090607.png

Looking at this team makes me think that beyond the chronic firesales and underinvestment (Pelle's departure and its aftermath was an act of industrial sabotage) we also didn't manage Reed and Targett's progression particularly well - these guys had everything to step up and become the mainstays of the team. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

There is always some splitter twat who says he’s not a fan but a supporter 

The only time I can think that our fans really made their views known was when Lowe was ousted. Other than that, we seem to be very good at moaning online and singing the odd song but that's it. Personally, I'd love to see our supporters showing some real passion and make their feelings known at the game. It's pretty simple. Just imagine NJ is a Skate. Stage a sit in at full time. Do something, anything. The board need to see just how pissed off the fans are.
It didn't take Feyenoord long to get rid of Stam after their fans made their feelings very clear. They took to the streets on mass - Thousands of them. Why can't we do the same? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The only time I can think that our fans really made their views known was when Lowe was ousted. Other than that, we seem to be very good at moaning online and singing the odd song but that's it. Personally, I'd love to see our supporters showing some real passion and make their feelings known at the game. It's pretty simple. Just imagine NJ is a Skate. Stage a sit in at full time. Do something, anything. The board need to see just how pissed off the fans are.
It didn't take Feyenoord long to get rid of Stam after their fans made their feelings very clear. They took to the streets on mass - Thousands of them. Why can't we do the same? 

I don't feel that strongly to start rioting on the High Street lol

The chants on Saturday were loud enough. The board know how we feel.

9 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Have you actually seen any of the games under Jones? The atmosphere from the fans towards Jones has been as toxic as ever before. Palace away a case in point, fans singing “Nathan Jones get out of our club” in the first half. Other games he’s got pelters, Brentford away plenty of “you don’t know what you’re doing”. 

It’s very easy to criticise from afar, but I can’t ever recall the fans turning on a manager so quickly and as vocally as with Jones. He’s a very dislikable person and that comes across fully during games.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The only time I can think that our fans really made their views known was when Lowe was ousted. 

Lowe was ousted by administration, fuck all to do with our “hostile” environment. You complain about the odd song and moaning online, but that’s pretty much what happened with Lowe. It took fucking years for more than the minority to rise up. Fuck me, he even came back. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, melmacian_saint said:

Looking at this team makes me think that beyond the chronic firesales and underinvestment (Pelle's departure and its aftermath was an act of industrial sabotage) we also didn't manage Reed and Targett's progression particularly well - these guys had everything to step up and become the mainstays of the team. 

Pelle's departure itself was fine, tbf, his knee was nowhere near up to playing Premier League football anymore, we couldn't believe our luck when Shandong Luneng offered £15m for him, and he was never going to turn down the £350k a week they put on the table.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Francis1947 said:

I'm not sure whether I need or have to add to this thread. I agree with almost everyone here regarding Jones.

However, I will add my 2 penneth because that is all we .....all of us Saints fans here on this Forum...can do. This Club is important to us and it is truly dreadful to see where we are going here with this bloke.

I had a minor spat with wild-saint a few weeks ago when he referred to me as a " wet fanny " ! However, I have liked many of his posts on this thread so we are good mates now as we have to be because all of us here support our Club and need to stay together as we have a deep concern about our future now.

My absolute concern here is how the hell did this strange man ever get this job. What were the processes before he was announced as our Manager ?.

Weren't any of his chararcter traits spotted when he interviewed ? They show quite clearly in his interviews. His nervousness, his irritabilty, his defensiveness, his anger, his agressiveness when mildly challenged, his ability to deflect and not take any responsibilty.Add in his constant picking of his nose, his nail biting. Also he's unkempt, he's dishevilled, he's untidy. He's the Manager of our Club for Christs sake. He should be better than this.   

I do believe he is a charlaton and a fraud. Just out of interest I have listened to interviews he did whilst at Stoke and Luton and all the wierd stuff is there. The modern football buzz words like " high press " and " transition " It makes a very simple game sound complicated and it is not !

For my sins, some months ago,I listened to several inteviews on Radio Solent with the Blue Fews former manager, Danny Cowley and I think he and Jones are cut from the same cloth. They used the same pointless, meaningless stuff. 

And please forgive me for this last bit.  I've mentioned all this before in a previouspost and I apologise if it's boring too many here. However I think that when we are faced with this debacle within our Club, you can only use your own experiences in work and your life to compare and have an opinion .

I served in the Royal Navy for quite a number of years. I, like everyone in the Services, went through very strict and traditional processes to attain a promotion. Board interviews with blokes senior to you. Tests to make sure you knew what you were doing and was up forthe job. Jones would have been found out in seconds ! How the hell did he get this job ! Add in that I was paid a pittance compared to what this bloke is on. 

In my opinion he is utterly inept and ill suited to be our Manager. I liked Ralph. He had dignity and principles. I did think that his time was up as our Manager but I would have him back in a heartbeat instead of this wierd and worrying little twerp .

After that atrocious interview after the Brentford match I am reminded of a saying in the RN....... "Best to keep your mouth shut just in case people think you might be an idiot rather than open it and have it confirmed " .

I have had a little bit of ill health lately so I wont be going on Saturday. I wish everyone well who is going and I hope this is resolved very soon now

Great post, thanks Francis. And the very best of luck with your health, my friend x

I've had exactly the same thought regarding the hiring process. Sometimes it's not the idiot you work with that you have to worry about, but instead the more senior idiot who thought them a suitable hire. Either Rasmus couldn't spot NJ's really quite blatant personality flaws (which are hardly subtle - they're so in your face they're impossible to miss!) or he identified with them. Both scenarios are horrific and bode very, very badly for us.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Just want to post this in case it's been missed:

Monday Night Club - BBC Sounds
5 Live Sport - The Monday Night Club - 06/02/2023 - BBC Sounds

Absolutely fascinating listen, they talk about Saints and Nathan Jones 1:08:00-1:26:00ish.
Chris Sutton has a very direct rant about how poor a manager he is and how he should be sacked immediately. Yasmin, Saints Voice panel gives her views too which is 100% spot on.

Of our recent managers, we've endured our fair share of crap. Hughes, Pellegrino... they were terrible, but they weren't so dislikeable as this little runt currently in the hot seat. That Lincoln game, that Notts Forest game. We had weeks to prepare and the players genuinely looked like they wanted to play but hadn't a clue where they should be or what they should do. On the sidelines you have our manager flapping his arms so madly it looks like he's trying to take off, and none of the players are interested in what he's doing. It's like they know he's spouting nonsense. At Palace we were singing "Your football is shit" and it was almost like the players said to themselves, yes it is but we'll ignore him and get a result for you. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, melmacian_saint said:

I think at the time both Targett and Reed had players in front of them, quite a few in Reed's case. The club, and probably the players let's be fair, thought taking the money and letting them develop was the fair choice. Plus the money from Targett enabled us to sign Adams.

The problem has been the recruitment, we didn't see either as first team players (and they weren't) when they left, and we didn't evolve the midfielders or Bertrands role anywhere near enough and we actually regressed. That's probably a combination of a lack of finances and poor scouting.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

Great post, thanks Francis. And the very best of luck with your health, my friend x

I've had exactly the same thought regarding the hiring process. Sometimes it's not the idiot you work with that you have to worry about, but instead the more senior idiot who thought them a suitable hire. Either Rasmus couldn't spot NJ's really quite blatant personality flaws (which are hardly subtle - they're so in your face they're impossible to miss!) or he identified with them. Both scenarios are horrific and bode very, very badly for us.

Totally agree. I said before, the concern for me is that the board selected the manager. If Nathan goes, it’s the same people selecting the replacement. Based on this appointment, anything’s possible. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
4 hours ago, ashnats said:

We'd have to beat Luton first, and they are a very organised and front footed side, they play aggressively, and might be one of the best teams in Europe..  

Know what? I can guarantee you that Luton will absolutely not beat us in the next round.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Have you actually seen any of the games under Jones? The atmosphere from the fans towards Jones has been as toxic as ever before. Palace away a case in point, fans singing “Nathan Jones get out of our club” in the first half. Other games he’s got pelters, Brentford away plenty of “you don’t know what you’re doing”. 

It’s very easy to criticise from afar, but I can’t ever recall the fans turning on a manager so quickly and as vocally as with Jones. He’s a very dislikable person and that comes across fully during games.

I agree with both of you. It is  toxic already, but we need to escalate immeasurably. Our message is clearly not getting sufficiently through to those that matter. As Monk said in another topic,  St. Mary's needs to get absolutely venemous,  right from the start.

I've never actively wanted the Club I love to lose in my life. I fucking hate losing. But we have reached the stage where the very most important thing that needs to happen to our Club now, to move on, get some sort of closure and move forward with a completely United fanbase, for the first time in god knows how long, is that we need Nathan Jones out, last Saturday. Whatever it takes. Tonight's fans forum showed one thing: the Club are not taking the sheer extent of the seething vitriol we feel toward Jones seriously enough. 

We need to show them just how serious we are. St. Mary's must get absolutely nasty. 

Lots of "Stand up, if you want Jones OUT" for all those in most of the ground who won't sing to visually confirm their agreement.

Anti-Jones songs all game long, regardless of the scoreline. His football is shit, his tactics are shit, get out of our Club. Nathan Jones, is a wanker, is a wanker. Get this cunt out of our club. We fucking hate you (usually reserved for dirty skate bastards,  but it'll do). Feel free to make up new ones! 

Support our team too of course. We must do both. Show we support the players, but be clear that Jones remaining is utterly unacceptable to us. If the board are not taking us seriously, we need to make them. He needs to be gone on Saturday night, as he should have been last week. And it is up to us to make that happen.

Edited by Rivers
Duplicate word.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Rivers said:

I agree with both of you. It is  toxic already, but we need to escalate immeasurably. Our message is clearly not getting sufficiently through to those that matter. As Monk said in another topic,  St. Mary's needs to get absolutely venemous,  right from the start.

I've never actively wanted the Club I love to lose in my life. I fucking hate losing. But we have reached the stage where the very most important thing that needs to happen to our Club now, to move on, get some sort of closure and move forward with a completely United fanbase, for the first time in god knows how long, is that we need Nathan Jones out, last Saturday. Whatever it takes. Tonight's fans forum showed one thing: the Club are not taking the sheer extent of the seething vitriol we feel toward Jones seriously enough. 

We need to show them just how serious we are. St. Mary's must get absolutely nasty. 

Lots of "Stand up, if you want Jones OUT" for all those in most of the ground who won't sing to visually confirm their agreement.

Anti-Jones songs all game long, regardless of the scoreline. His football is shit, his tactics are shit, get out of our Club. Nathan Jones, is a wanker, is a wanker. Get this cunt out of our club. We fucking hate you (usually reserved for dirty skate bastards,  but it'll do). Feel free to make up new ones! 

Support our team too of course. We must do both. Show we support the players, but be clear that Jones remaining is utterly unacceptable to us. If the board are not taking us seriously, we need to make them. He needs to be gone on Saturday night, as he should have been last week. And it is up to us to make that happen.

Sorry mate. I go to games to support my team. I’ll never do that during a game, ever. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rivers said:

What on earth is the point of that. How to lose another game. 

The board will be well aware of the supporters feelings, without all that going on. The players need to do their job.

Make feelings known after the game, but for 90 minutes it is warrior time.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rivers said:

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Race to the bottom ‘I hate Jones more than you’ type snowball effect from modern football fans. We’ve been shit for a long time now and continued to be shit under Jones. Players and the board all culpable too. Lack of investment in a striker to date is just as much, if not more to blame. Or the constant years on end we’ve had of selling our best players for big money and only spending a fraction of it on replacements.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s clearly not the right man for the job in the long term but I think 100% of the frustration is being aimed at someone who’s not 100% to blame and is just taking down an already sinking ship.

It’s clear from the sounds coming out of the club that the players want to play for him at least, so rather than forcing the hand of the club yet again how about we do something we seemingly haven’t been able to do since the late 90s and actually support.

Or alternatively stick to your hashtags.

Edited by Griffo
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Rivers said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of ‘Stand Up’… I remember when the whole ground stood up when it was about Lowe.

The team can be supported and this at least can be sung.  Not mutually exclusive in my book.

• Like 3

It's an unfortunate fact of life that appeasement never works the way the people who suggest it want it to.

Sometimes you have to fight and fight hard, giving the Board, Jones and the players who love playing for him

an easy time will just give them hope. By that I mean the hope that people will calm down and finally put up

with all the nonsense and be good little sheep.

These are not "the good old days" when local lads played for their local team and were loyal. These days players

go where they can get the most money so at the end of the day a lot don't give a stuff about the team who pays them.

They know their agent will get them another club after relegation, another club where they can kiss the badge, well until

a better money offer appears in front of them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Race to the bottom ‘I hate Jones more than you’ type snowball effect from modern football fans. We’ve been shit for a long time now and continued to be shit under Jones. Players and the board all culpable too.

It’s clear from the sounds coming out of the club that the players want to play for him at least, so rather than forcing the hand of the club yet again how about we do something we seemingly haven’t been able to do since the late 90s and actually support.

Sorry mate your post is equally ridiculous. Blaming modern football fans is such a cliché, it doesn't even fit this scenario. And we haven't supported since the 90's, is totally ridiculous I don't even know what it means.

• Like 2

In most businesses NPS are issued to customers on a regular basis. Good companies listen to the feedback of their customers. They may not always make the changes being asked of them, but if things don't work for too long, they lose customers.

"Customers" is how clubs see their fans in the modern era, so to be "surprised" to the backlash, which has arguably been there since day 1, but has only increased subsequently shows both naivety and a lack of ability to be in the position they're in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

I heard they were visibly shocked last night when told of the depth of fans' anger.

Only Rasmus was, and i thought it was clear that he couldn't really give a toss - Jones is his man and he isn't going to change it based on fan feeling. The only thing that will be achieved by fan toxicity now is to accelerate the race to the bottom. I am on the fence over whether that is a good thing or not - depends if you think we're in terminal decline, or if given infinite patience by daddy rasmus, Jones might actually start winning (as obnoxious as he is) - and we have put in some good performances under him.

Semmens called Jones stupid and said that he wasn't happy with his conduct and was quite concerned. I would say its quite likely that Semmens would have sacked Jones. Everyone remembers when SR said they weren't going to get too involved in running the club... well right now we've got a manager specifically hired by Sports Republic and Rasmus, and which SR are preventing us from getting rid of. The only way you'll get change here is going after Rasmus - Semmens isn't the villain of this piece, and indeed i have started to think he hasn't done much wrong to deserve the ire he's getting from some of the fans. Technically Jones doesn't deserve the personal vitriol he is getting from some fans. He is out of his depth and struggling with the pressure - none of which is particularly nice to see. Ultimately Rasmus gave him the job (by all accounts it sounds like a "now or never" style approach from saints), and Rasmus is happy with his metrics off the pitch - as well as overestimating his on pitch performances and personality traits i would say 😆😰

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 4

I think Jones can count himself extremely fortunate to still have a job. I don't remember this level of abuse being directed at any other manager before, even Branfoot. Am not sure which way Saturday will go yet, the abuse may even start before kick off, depending on team selection and formation. If we start badly and go a goal down, I think that will be it. If we lose on Saturday I really don't see how he can survive in the job. 

I think is clear the majority of us do not want Jones to be here. 

Having said that, I do feel that there would be some validity in Ankersen's answer at the fans' forum that Jones maybe does deserve a chance with the new signings brought it, if we weren't at such an advanced stage of the season. In any other scenario I think that would be an acceptable situation.

However, as has been rightly pointed out, Jones has had time to improve the performance of the current squad and has failed to do so. The Manchester City game, although can be seen as a bit of a freak-result, proves that the players could be capable of a lot more, even if not on a very consistent basis, but certainly better than what they are showing now. I also think the players have gotten off quite lightly, and the board to an extent (even though they have got players now) and don't think everything can be leveled at Jones.  

This week seemed a perfect time to make a change for many but we have Jones for now and can't help but think we should use Saturday to try and create a positive environment for the players (even if you just ignore the manager) but equally can understand the frustration of those who pay and go every week. 

I am probably in the minority that feels a bit sorry for Jones and would like to see him sacked, not just because of the poor performances, but also to save him from potential further abuse and the potential effect it could have on this mental health, given that he seems a bit volatile at times. 

If we are to have any chance of staying up we clearly need to galvanize the group as one, which it seems is just not the case at the moment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Griffo said:

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Race to the bottom ‘I hate Jones more than you’ type snowball effect from modern football fans. We’ve been shit for a long time now and continued to be shit under Jones. Players and the board all culpable too. Lack of investment in a striker to date is just as much, if not more to blame. Or the constant years on end we’ve had of selling our best players for big money and only spending a fraction of it on replacements.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s clearly not the right man for the job in the long term but I think 100% of the frustration is being aimed at someone who’s not 100% to blame and is just taking down an already sinking ship.

Good to read a sensible, well balanced post amongst the usual toxic mob mentality ravings at last. You are right of course. The problems are bigger than just one person and have been for some time, but there is a need to find a scapegoat when things go badly and our current manager fits the bill perfectly. Funny how few people were bothered about narcissism when we had a Prime Minister with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder, in fact I suspect many people who are slagging Jones off now for it voted for Johnson. It didn’t seem to bother United and Chelsea fans either when Ferguson and Mourinho were filling their trophy cabinets.  If Jones does manage to turn things round and make us a relatively successful club again, will it still be an issue or will it be - he may be a narcissist, but he is OUR narcissist?

Just a few days ago our owners were crap and didn’t know what they were doing because they hadn’t bought a no 9 on the first day of the transfer window. They bought a no 9 so that was shut down. Now they are crap and don’t know what they are doing because they haven’t sacked (yet) a manager they have only just employed and who clearly needed a proficient no 9. The previous manager didn’t have all of the tools he needed to do his job better ( a proficient no 9), many of the fans wanted him out and got their way last November. It doesn’t seem unreasonable, now the replacement manager has, apparently, been provided with a decent goal scorer, to give him some time to see what he can do. But apparently that is the reasoning of an egotist who doesn’t know what he is doing?

If Boards running football clubs listened to their fans all the time we would have managers sacked every week. It is their money. It is their club. It is their responsibility to make the calls. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. For most clubs, most of the time it doesn’t work well enough to win something. As fans we sign up for the ride, for better or worse. It gives us the right to moan when things aren’t going well, but it doesn’t give us the right to make decisions about how the club is run.

The growing toxicity does nothing to help the club. Hoping the club loses on Saturday does nothing to help the club. Losing matches has got us where we are today, why on earth would you actively want to lose more? Surely the best chance we have of staying up is getting behind the club and everyone pulling together? If we do go down, the best chance of a swift return is the same. 

It is quite scary how quickly this has become personal. Many had decided he wasn’t right for the job before he had walked through the door. The “chippy little Welsh twat” had barely got his feet under the table before the haters started. Maybe it was the wrong decision to hire him and maybe he should have been sacked earlier this week, but those are not our decisions to make and, to me anyway, do not effect my wish to see the team do well and win a football match no matter who the owners are, who the manager is and what players are on the pitch. 

We are the closest to WW3 than we have been for decades. The country is currently going to the dogs. The future looks bleak for our children, yet we have posters who spend their days on a football thread telling us how much they hate a person most have never even met for not doing his job particularly well at the moment. I am sure the people buried under rubble in Turkey and Syria aren’t too fussed about where their teams are currently in their leagues. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I think that just after two o'clock will be the point that will dictate what the atmosphere in the stadium will be. If Jones picks another of his bugger's muddle teams that makes little sense and looks like a loser from the off, especially if the defence starts off in our usual disjointed fashion then the stadium will react badly. On the other hand if he picks a balanced team as against Man City containing the four new players that then rips into Wolves, then the stadium will react by supporting them. In addition Bree might have to be in the team due to the possible fitness issue with KWP.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I think at the time both Targett and Reed had players in front of them, quite a few in Reed's case. The club, and probably the players let's be fair, thought taking the money and letting them develop was the fair choice. Plus the money from Targett enabled us to sign Adams.

People do seem to completely rewrite history when it comes to players who were coming through with us but didn't make it and then went on to be good with other clubs.

Matt Targett, despite being a local lad and a massive Saints fan growing up (which everyone knew, it wasn't some well-hidden secret), was subjected to absolute dog's abuse when he played if he ever dared to misplace one pass, especially when we were attacking the Northam, those pitchside in the Kingsland were unrelenting. He was behind Ryan Bertrand in the pecking order for his entire time in the first team squad, and almost certainly rightly so considering Bertrand's pedigree and general performance level. At the time we allowed him to go on loan to Fulham and then sold him to Villa, he simply wasn't going to get enough regular football unless there was an injury, and at the time everyone was delighted that we'd "pulled Villa's pants down" (or words to that effect) to get £15m for a player who many thought wasn't good enough.

Harrison Reed was in the first team squad when we had Morgan Schneiderlin, Victor Wanyama and Oriol Romeu at the club. While everyone could see a promising footballer when he got an opportunity (everyone picks out a game against Everton where he was excellent), those opportunities were understandably limited because of the calibre of player in front of him, and there was also an underlying issue when he did get a chance, which was that his all-action style would often see him getting booked in the first half of games and his influence would be pretty much nullified from that point onwards because he couldn't risk a second yellow card. He probably needed the time away playing in the Championship where if you're a good player you'll find a fraction more time, to develop and work on how his off-ball work could be harnessed for an entire game without running the risk of costing his team, which he has done and he now looks like a very good player. Not world-beating, but good enough to not look out of place.

You've also got to remember that while we as fans might say "well, I'd rather we keep him just in case Bertrand/Wanyama/whoever gets an injury", players want to play football. Reed, especially, had got to an age (he was already 25 when we sold him!) where he probably accepted his chances here were limited and he needed to leave in order to actually have a playing career, and from memory he had a year left on his contract and the signs were he wasn't going to sign an extension if one was offered.

• Like 20

39 minutes ago, derry said:

I think that just after two o'clock will be the point that will dictate what the atmosphere in the stadium will be. If Jones picks another of his bugger's muddle teams that makes little sense and looks like a loser from the off, especially if the defence starts off in our usual disjointed fashion then the stadium will react badly. On the other hand if he picks a balanced team as against Man City containing the four new players that then rips into Wolves, then the stadium will react by supporting them. In addition Bree might have to be in the team due to the possible fitness issue with KWP.

If he picks Janny fucking B over DCC/ABK/Salisu I think my fucking head will explode. Similar if moi starts.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, derry said:

I think it will start before that, the B team play Friday midday, that line up will be interesting 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Checking in from Merthyr - figured I'd have a look out for any family members whilst here, but had to give up when I was overrun by small people with a chip on their shoulder called Jones.

Are you doing missionary work or helping to bring them running water?

46 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Checking in from Merthyr - figured I'd have a look out for any family members whilst here, but had to give up when I was overrun by small people with a chip on their shoulder called Jones.

A Russian agent was dropped by parachute in the Welsh hills with instructions to contact a Mr Jones in the small village of Llanfair and give him the coded message: “The tulips are blooming well today.”

Arriving at the village he asked a small boy where Mr Jones lived and was directed to a small cottage.

He knocked on the door and the owner emerged: “Are you Mr Jones?”

“I am.”

“The tulips are blooming well today.”

Mr Jones stared at him in amazement then smiled: “Ah, you must have the wrong house.

“It's Jones the Spy you want.”

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, saintjimbo83 said:

Gone past caring now. All the fans know he needs to be sacked and there is no way back for Jones, we are just delaying the inevitable and jeopardising 3 points Saturday against a rival in Wolves.

Extremely poor from SR.

I don't see a way back for him either, it just feels like we're delaying the inventible and it's just nonsense.

The game against Brighton was terrible, Fulham had a slight uptick but we still lost, Forest - let's not go there, Everton was a fight back but no real outstanding aspects from the performance, Villa wasn't ''that'' bad but it was another loss, Brentford was disgustingly bad. When you listen to them speaking about improvements etc, there have been no improvements over a decent period - just regression. These were Jones comments after the Brighton game:

"We've come here to change the aggression and change the dynamic to the football in terms of that but today we didn't," the Welshman said.

"We wanted to be aggressive, we wanted to press high but we didn't do the basics well enough and when they got near our goal - which at times was far too easy - conceded poor, poor goals. Goals that should never have gone in.

"If you don't defend the box well enough in the Premier League, you're going to struggle. They've only kept one clean sheet all season and that's something we have got to change."

He's still saying the same today, almost 2 months on from that. When does it change Jones?

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones