Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

20 minutes ago, trousers said:

Our squad on this very day 8 years ago... Is that really 19 places better than our current squad (on paper)?

Screenshot_20230207-090607.png

Fuck me, what I’d do to have that side back. 

The only debatable position are Yoahida for a fit ABK, DCC or Salisu (all stronger imo)

KWP at LB. 

the rest significantly better

• Like 2

Problem with Saints fans they are just passive and nice.....

Protest? Voting with feet?

Don't make me chuckle....

Nearest thing that'll resemble some form of uproar and noise 

Is some lumper opening a Panda Pop and packet of potato chips.....

🤣🤣🤣

As for the fans forum will we get direct piercing questions? 

" Rasmus what shade of just for men do you use to tame said locks " 

Jesus wept 

Edited by ally_uk
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

I'm a professional gambler, have been since 1996, and I would like to advise those of you who want to take a punt on NJ being the next manager to be sacked not to do so.

On the contrary, if there is a market on him staying till the end of the season, take a punt on that instead because he's staying till the end of the season at the very least.

There is no "stay of execution" (don't believe the pundits), he does not have "just one more game" i.e. the Wolves game to prove himself, and the owners are taking a long-term view.

The board will listen to the likes of Thomas Frank and JWP above the likes of the rabid fans on this message board.

That's an interesting angle which I never considered. I still feel it is possible that we would let him go, but only once we have identified a prospect who is actually interested in joining us. 

Not aware Thomas Frank would have much input on our board, if at all - unless he and Ankersen are close?

19 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

🤣🤣🤣

Jesus wept 

What do you want, some p*ssed up scumbags smashing the windows by the main entrance, or should we physical assault a few members of staff? I honestly don’t get why people post this crap as if it’s something to be embarrassed about. I’ll leave chasing players down the street to the Scousers, thanks.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Under PL rules NJ is contractually obliged to give the usual pre-match presser on Thursday.   Can't someone here knock up a few fake press passes so we can attend and ask a few pertinent questions.

NJ or a coach from Southampton? Money on Selles coming out as NJ is “busy”?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Anyone else hating their 'On This Day Facebook Memories' from 8 years ago....?

FB_IMG_1675759218068.jpg

If the governing body of the league turf City out, effectively removing all history of them then we'd be top of that table. 😁 

Probably would've gone on to win it that year and every year since...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pierreduvalle said:

If the governing body of the league turf City out, effectively removing all history of them then we'd be top of that table. 😁 

Probably would've gone on to win it that year and every year since...

Apart from Chelsea?

2 hours ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I thought there was an opportunity in the Blog, to discuss a possible route out of this mess, but much the same as reading fans forums, like this one.

Or to say if we are keeping Jones, what are the options, and routes NJ can take to turn this around.

They could do a PR reset, where Nathan calms down, doesn't mention Luton again, doesn't respond to everything so defensively. Explains the job in hand and how he is going about it. But all that does is mend the disastrous PR.

In terms of the football, he has shown his hand and he not holding much. There won't be a miraculous change in approach, there isn't any way this can be saved. If he was capable of displaying a decent way of playing, we would have seen it by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JRM said:

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

Can we stick to wanking off dogs please 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

You have absolutely no idea what JWP has said internally, and any platitudes Thomas Frank comes out with are irrelevant.

The one thing we do know is the transfer window strategy was entirely focused on staying up, so the club, right now aren't taking a "long term view" at all, quite the opposite.

This.

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

🤣🤣🤣

Jesus wept 

Egg sucking at its best

I've stayed away for 3 1/2 seasons as a personal protest against the way the club has been run but the same bunch of self important idiots are still there. 

Edited by Charlie Wayman

Nathan Jones started off completely on the wrong foot. Like a lot of fully qualified coaches, head full of systems, statistics can't see the wood from the trees. Unless the required players are brought in specifically for a required system or in the unlikely event are already insitu that system cannot work. Probably at Stoke and certainly here he has to work with existing players many not suited and others not convinced so tinkering won't work. Luton has been quoted ad infinitum but there he built the team for the system he favoured, the only real way to make it work.

We have a big squad here and some good players. How do we get a good team. taking the extreme example, draw the names out, Goalkeeper, Fullbacks, Centre backs, Midfielders, Forwards. A team appears. Put those players into their best positions, obviously it won't really work but that eleven players will have a natural shape. Try anything else and the team won't work at all.

In my view what Nathan Jones is trying to do is the opposite to selecting the best team. He is picking the players for one of his sysyems, some favourites, some compromises and one or two through gritted teeth. His best players fairly obvious. Not only does it need the best players it needs them to be blended into a cohesive unit.

Every team has a natural shape put it in any other shape and it won't work. Jones just doesn't do this. Initially there needs to be a process of eliminations. Leave out if possible slow defenders, Bednarek, DCC. Leave out midfielders who give the ball away, Diallo. Leave out forwards who are slow/weak or don't score goals, Elyonoussie, Adams, Armstrong. 

What's left. Bazunu, KWP, ABK, Salisu, Perrault, JWP, Lavia, Alcaraz, Sulemana, Onuachu, Orsic. After that it's back ups, added to the eliminations, Cabellero and McCarthy, Bree, AMN, Lyanco, Larios, Edozie, Mara. We then have Stuart Armstrong and Liveramento to consider in due course. That team looks like a natural 4-1-2-3 or 4-3-3 or even a 4-5-1 but the players dictate the shape. Jones is doing it the other way round and it won't work until players are brought in to play whatever system is wanted. 

As he doesn't get it in my view he has to be replaced as soon as possible by somebody who does get it. It also looks like Ankersen doesn't get it either.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

🤣🤣🤣

Jesus wept 

Given that the country has been systematically run into the ground for over a decade and is run by incompetents far greater than Nathan Jones and the most reaction you are likely to get here is a keyboard meltdown when they decide that they don’t like the manager of our football club, I am not sure what you are expecting? If they aren’t taking to the streets over the corrupt and inept way they are governed, they are hardly likely to leave their cozy lounges when they can moan all day behind their keyboards. God knows, if keyboard warriors actually made any difference we would be top of the league by now!

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, derry said:

Nathan Jones started off completely on the wrong foot. Like a lot of fully qualified coaches, head full of systems, statistics can't see the wood from the trees. Unless the required players are brought in specifically for a required system or in the unlikely event are already insitu that system cannot work. Probably at Stoke and certainly here he has to work with existing players many not suited and others not convinced so tinkering won't work. Luton has been quoted ad infinitum but there he built the team for the system he favoured, the only real way to make it work.

We have a big squad here and some good players. How do we get a good team. taking the extreme example, draw the names out, Goalkeeper, Fullbacks, Centre backs, Midfielders, Forwards. A team appears. Put those players into their best positions, obviously it won't really work but that eleven players will have a natural shape. Try anything else and the team won't work at all.

In my view what Nathan Jones is trying to do is the opposite to selecting the best team. He is picking the players for one of his sysyems, some favourites, some compromises and one or two through gritted teeth. His best players fairly obvious. Not only does it need the best players it needs them to be blended into a cohesive unit.

Every team has a natural shape put it in any other shape and it won't work. Jones just doesn't do this. Initially there needs to be a process of eliminations. Leave out if possible slow defenders, Bednarek, DCC. Leave out midfielders who give the ball away, Diallo. Leave out forwards who are slow/weak or don't score goals, Elyonoussie, Adams, Armstrong. 

What's left. Bazunu, KWP, ABK, Salisu, Perrault, JWP, Lavia, Alcaraz, Sulemana, Onuachu, Orsic. After that it's back ups, added to the eliminations, Cabellero and McCarthy, Bree, AMN, Lyanco, Larios, Edozie, Mara. We then have Stuart Armstrong and Liveramento to consider in due course. That team looks like a natural 4-1-2-3 or 4-3-3 or even a 4-5-1 but the players dictate the shape. Jones is doing it the other way round and it won't work until players are brought in to play whatever system is wanted. 

As he doesn't get it in my view he has to be replaced as soon as possible by somebody who does get it. It also looks like Ankersen doesn't get it either.

Well said. It was never going to work bringing in a manager who was inexperienced at this level. Once they did that the inevitable consequence would be one or more successive relegations until most of the current players have been replaced by ones who fit with Jones’s playing style and then we end up in Luton’s situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ally_uk said:

🤣🤣🤣

Jesus wept 

What are YOU going to do or what do you suggest others do and would you be actively involved or just post on here about others?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, derry said:

Nathan Jones started off completely on the wrong foot. Like a lot of fully qualified coaches, head full of systems

Not sure you got the message.

Corporal fucking Jones was quite clear when he said systems DON'T win you games (although, admittedly, that was before he said we keep losing because we're not following HIS system)....

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Given that the country has been systematically run into the ground for over a decade and is run by incompetents far greater than Nathan Jones and the most reaction you are likely to get here is a keyboard meltdown when they decide that they don’t like the manager of our football club, I am not sure what you are expecting? If they aren’t taking to the streets over the corrupt and inept way they are governed, they are hardly likely to leave their cozy lounges when they can moan all day behind their keyboards. God knows, if keyboard warriors actually made any difference we would be top of the league by now!

Give it a rest you old bore…

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not sure you got the message.

Corporal fucking Jones was quite clear when he said systems DON'T win you games (although, admittedly, that was before he said we keep losing because we're not following HIS system)....

Someone should ask that at the forum. 

If, and I quote "systems don't win games", then why are you giving Mr Jones time to work on his "system" without the outside interference he thinks is losing us games?

I think what the Board are doing are waiting to actually see the crowd reaction after the Wolves game.

Mad Nate standing in the centre circle, attempting a Russel Crowe impersonation, bellowing out in racous Welsh tones "Are you not entertained ?", whilst 30 thousand thumbs are held out indicating 'kill'.

Edited by badgerx16
I'll have an'E' please Bob
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

I think what the Board are doing are waiting to actually see the crowd reaction after the Wolves game.

Mad Nate standing in the centre circle, attempting a Russel Crowd impersonation, bellowing out in racous Welsh tones "Are you not entertained ?", whilst 30 thousand thumbs are held out indicating 'kill'.

Again we go with the budget version and get him and not Russell Crowe...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Says the bloke who regularly has keyboard meltdowns and never leaves his cosy lounge when he can moan all day on keyboards :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Who remembers that Aqua song...

I kid you not for the lad week all I've had going around my knut is...

Nathan Jones Nathan Jones Calling Nathan Jones...... 

Nathan Jones, Nathan Jones  fk off now!  Fk off now!!! 

We should release a official song 🤣

Edited by ally_uk
Spell
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Mad Nate standing in the centre circle, attempting a Russel Crowd impersonation, bellowing out in racous Welsh tones "Are you not entertained ?", whilst 30 thousand thumbs are held out indicating 'kill'.

Do you think he's been told then that anything less than a win on Saturday and he's history?

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Do you think he's been told then that anything less than a win on Saturday and he's history?

To be honest if he hasn't been told this then SR need their collective heads examining. Leaving aside the jaw-dropping decision not to sack him yesterday after Saturday's debacle, it would be utter incompetence to keep a manager in post who has stated to the entire nation that he now "needs to do things his way" in order to succeed.....and then allow him to fail again.

Edited by InvictaSaint

1 minute ago, InvictaSaint said:

To be honest if he hasn't been told this the SR need their collective heads examining. Leaving aside the jaw-dropping decision not to sack him yesterday after Saturday's debacle, it would be utter incompetence to keep a manager in post who has stated to the entire nation that he now "needs to do things his way" in order to succeed.....and then allow him to fail again.

Yeah I don't think theres any comeback from those words it's even more vague and bizarre that he won't say who is restricting him from his grand vision! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derry said:

That's a good post. I genuinely thought he would adapt his principles successfully but he seems lost between his own way of playing, and the way Southampton were playing before he joined. They're somewhere in the middle, and it's not working. Now he's saying he wants to go back to his own way of playing, but Southampton do not have those types of players throughout the team, so it's obviously not going to work. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, James G said:

That's a good post. I genuinely thought he would adapt his principles successfully but he seems lost between his own way of playing, and the way Southampton were playing before he joined. They're somewhere in the middle, and it's not working. Now he's saying he wants to go back to his own way of playing, but Southampton do not have those types of players throughout the team, so it's obviously not going to work. 

There's the definition of insanity right there

Just now, James G said:

Thats because our squad was signed with Ralph ball in mind - work hard out of possession, close down opposition, pass and move. 

Jonesball is totally different. Kick it up in the air, swing crosses in, “be aggressive”. 

This was blatantly fucking obvious to absolutely everyone except the idiots in charge of the club. 

In some ways I feel sorry for Jones as he has been thrown in to a club that has zero players that fit his hoof ball league one tactics.

But equally I don’t because he’s an absolute helmet. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, James G said:

We are about to go route one. Are you saying Onuachu is the wrong guy for that task?

13 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Steady on mate. We're all annoyed but the worst you'll get at the weekend are some rude chants and maybe some fights in the stands. We aren't a scary fanbase. 

[MadNateMode] With the grreeaatest of respect hypo, I take full responsibility, but it's everyone elses fault.

I'd been listening to all the outside noises in this thread. I allowed myself to be compromised by maybe a few too many single malts. I was pandering to Glenmorangie. Being aggressive and front footed, my fingers were not doing what I told them to do.

With the greatest of respect, people need to ignore my lack of Saintsweb top flight experience and lower league post count, and understand that like for post and pound for point, I am one of the best posters in Europe!  Where it comes to quality over quantity, with the greatest of respect, there is no one better than me at wanking off cats into crisp packets, and I need to get back to that. [/MadNateMode]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!