Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, ally_uk said:

Tactics what tactics? 

We have gone backwards since Ralph I cannot think of one positive. 

Now we have a spiky bellend at the helm who refuses to acknowledge and take any form of accountability that the style of football he is serving up is quite frankly abysmal at this level..... 

Do the board suddenly think he is going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season  of something 🤣🤣🤣

Pull the plug now get him gone and get someone who is capable at this level in for fuk sakes...... 

who is going to take the job and risk the failure? From the outside a middle range manager may think that 'they dont think manager of the season is good enough, will they welcome me' (personally I dont think that would be an issue) Its a bit of a risk, yes a hero is they magically keep us up but go down and the fans/club will look dimly on it, no doubt Selles is not keen.

JWP has blamed the players for not following Jones' game plan.

But Ward-Prowse says that the buck has to start with the players on the pitch, with many of them not executing the plans given to them by Jones. The skipper also questioned the work-rate and desire of his teammates following yet another league defeat.

Maybe that is one of the reasons SR have kept NJ in a job.....

12 minutes ago, DT said:

It is thought that there is a core of British players, including Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse, who are still supportive of Nathan Jones #saintsfc

If there's that kind of split in the dressing room I don't see a way out of this that ends up in any turnaround in results. Dressing room splits are normally terminal without some kind of unifying force, which Jones is incapable of being.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Saint In Cornwall said:

Could be completely true but that doesn't change who Jones is and the fact that he is not the answer at all, regardless of what the players are like. The players aren't at fault for the B team stunt nor for the Lavia comments. They didn't tell him to play Walcott, start his mate Bree with no time to bed in and the same for Bednarek. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

It is plausible we have signed a load of mercenary c*nts who just don't give a shit? 

That’s possible. It’s also possible that we’ve signed a manager who struggles to get his ideas across coherently, so the players aren’t sure of what he wants them to do differently. It could also be a combination of both. Either way it all adds up to a bit of a shit show behind the scenes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint In Cornwall said:

2 minutes ago, Saint In Cornwall said:

He's quite right to question the work rate and desire of his team mates, its pathetic, it was under Ralph as well.  

2 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

If there's that kind of split in the dressing room I don't see a way out of this that ends up in any turnaround in results. Dressing room splits are normally terminal without some kind of unifying force, which Jones is incapable of being.

He's unifying. Just not in that way

Just now, The Kraken said:

That’s possible. It’s also possible that we’ve signed a manager who struggles to get his ideas across coherently, so the players aren’t sure of what he wants them to do differently. It could also be a combination of both. Either way it all adds up to a bit of a shit show behind the scenes.

It's definitely a case of two things can be true at the same time , these issues will need to be addressed by the new guy as well, or we will see more of the same crap

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

I think times have changed too much for that. These guys would be crying (literally) to their agents should anyone behaved toward them in that way. 

It's a lot better than saying we didn't show enough desire in your post match interview

Just now, coalman said:

It's a lot better than saying we didn't show enough desire in your post match interview

You and I do not have a clue what gets said and done behind closed doors, do you expect him to go all NJ and publicly name, shame, and humiliate?  He has too much class for that. 

24 minutes ago, coalman said:

SR think this is the bit where the doubt is replaced by wonder as their moneyball approach kicks in

Yeah, imagine Ankersen has it on constant rewind of the bit where it all suddenly turns to gold for Brad Pitt and he's muttering to himself, 'this is gonna work for us, it's gonna happen for Mad Nate...it's gotta work or Dragan feeds me to the pigs'

Hah maybe time to revisit the debate about the xG from the City game. We're a Djenepo worldy and a rare Haaland miss away from a conversation about Jones with no fond memories at all.

With some new managers you can see what they're trying to do and it makes sense to give them time until things click. I've no idea what Jones has been trying to do for the past three months, other than attempting to turn Che into a target man and Lyanco into Ronald Koeman. The team has no shape, because we change it three or four times a game. The lineup has no consistency because he makes bonkers changes in search of his fabled aggression and front-footedness. And we have no clue how to build attacks as our passing and movement in possession have gotten worse, which is staggering as we were dire to begin with.

There's nothing to click here, so no point in waiting.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

You and I do not have a clue what gets said and done behind closed doors, do you expect him to go all NJ and publicly name, shame, and humiliate?  He has too much class for that. 

That's not what I'm saying. If he's not seeing effort on the pitch go and tell them on the pitch. 

Think that two things are happening, either the Board are sounding out replacements and negotiating with Jones about his pay off / confidentiality etc. thinking they can look slick when the sack him Wednesday and announce his replacement on Thursday, or Ankersen in an attempt to preserve ego and credibility has doubled down and convinced snakey Semmens the other noddies on the Board that Jones is about to 'click'.  Hope for the first and fear for the second.  Ankersen has very little experience and no real track record in Premier League football and like Jones has been blagging, attempting to learn on the job.  What he might not realise is that there is no way back for Nathan Jones and if he tries to keep the little weasel on to relegate us, no way back for him either.  The manboy needs to stop playing games and grow up fast.  

• Like 4

Just now, coalman said:

That's not what I'm saying. If he's not seeing effort on the pitch go and tell them on the pitch. 

Ho comprende, but to be fair to him he would say, and I would agree, that he leads by example. Whether he is the right person to be captain at this time is another discussion.  

Just now, Toussaint said:

Ho comprende, but to be fair to him he would say, and I would agree, that he leads by example. Whether he is the right person to be captain at this time is another discussion.  

Agree with that and that our (lack of) on pitch leadership is a whole other bag of snakes

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OldNick said:

who is going to take the job and risk the failure? From the outside a middle range manager may think that 'they dont think manager of the season is good enough, will they welcome me' (personally I dont think that would be an issue) Its a bit of a risk, yes a hero is they magically keep us up but go down and the fans/club will look dimly on it, no doubt Selles is not keen.

Lots of people, all better than Jones.  Just like Everton managed with Dyche last week. 

• Like 1

Saint Garrett any more updates atall? Like I said yesterday I really wanted Jones to succeed but its a results driven business and they haven't been good enough. Also factoring in the aftermatch comments on Saturday means a change is needed I feel. 

Edited by davefizzy14

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Surely someone knows a player or two and can say what's going on? 

They wouldn’t know - too busy running around like headless chickens in training - its how the best coaches in Europe train nowadays 

bit like how Jones trains the 100m sprint 

Edited by Toadhall Saint

1 hour ago, DT said:

Leeds, above us and with a better record, seemingly acting quicker to dismiss a manager who isn't even having a mental breakdown. That's how bad we are. Rotten to the core. And we have an ex-Manchester City director bringing all his 'baggage' too...

#healthy

image.gif.e40cf61f3dfcfe1ff83f2ea150bcf946.gif

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!