Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

How about factoring in the point that the numpties tracked Jones for months, decided he was right for us and appointed him on a big salary? 

Am beginning to wonder if they even interviewed him for the job. Strikes me that Ankersen was so determined to get him here, he didn't give a shit how he came across

Can anyone help me understand what is used to measure his teams aggressiveness? He said he was statistically the most aggressive. What does this mean?

I think this is the thing that has baffled me the most since he ha been here. He says it all the fucking time. Someone said a while back it means e "dont get bullied" etc. Which again I don't really know what that means.

Is it just further nonsense from him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Nimbus said:

Can anyone help me understand what is used to measure his teams aggressiveness? He said he was statistically the most aggressive. What does this mean?

I think this is the thing that has baffled me the most since he ha been here. He says it all the fucking time. Someone said a while back it means e "dont get bullied" etc. Which again I don't really know what that means.

There's probably some stats that show tackles and ball recoveries - I guess it's that.  

One of my problems with Jones is that he talks all about what he wants from the team (aggression, front footed etc etc) but it's simply not evident.  He can talk all day long about what he wants his teams to do but if they're not doing it then it's worthless cheap talk.  There was a bit in the clip where he was miked up and shouting to players to enjoy it etc etc - you can't tell someone that, you have to create an environment to enjoy it.  It's akin to telling a depressed person to cheer up. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Nimbus said:

Cant argue with that 😜

2 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I reckon Jones has the Wolves game. Brentford away isn't the easiest fixture these days even if it was a dire performance. Lose at home to Wolves and the writing really is on the wall

and with the Wolves loss goes another winnable home fixture. There are only so many games we can afford to throw away.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mr Nimbus said:

It's decided by a panel. Duckie chairs it and it comprises a few other old dinosaurs. They judge whether a team is full of sons in law and girlies or whether they are "dead 'ard"

• Like 3

All of the talk about his stats in the Championship, which Rasmus thinks is the 6 best league in Europe,  just prove that he was good at that level, and good at working with players at the lower end of that league, price wise.

There is a world of difference between how you can treat a group of players who are just happy not to be in League one, to dealing with International Footballers, either at Saints or at Stoke . 

I have a friend who is brilliant with engines, two stroke and diesel vans in particular. If I had an old van that I wanted to get back on the road, Ben is your man.  If I had a Formula One engine to fix, not so much ! 

My point is that the Stoke experience should have been a clear warning that Jones struggles to communicate with players from the higher end of the food chain, so it should have been an obvious red flag stopping a premier League appointment.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I reckon Jones has the Wolves game. Brentford away isn't the easiest fixture these days even if it was a dire performance. Lose at home to Wolves and the writing really is on the wall

He's already had the Brighton, Forest and Villa home games, we've been appalling in all of those. Add in the away games too, he doesn't deserve the Wolves game to throw away another "winnable" home game.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

There's probably some stats that show tackles and ball recoveries - I guess it's that.  

One of my problems with Jones is that he talks all about what he wants from the team (aggression, front footed etc etc) but it's simply not evident.  He can talk all day long about what he wants his teams to do but if they're not doing it then it's worthless cheap talk.  There was a bit in the clip where he was miked up and shouting to players to enjoy it etc etc - you can't tell someone that, you have to create an environment to enjoy it.  It's akin to telling a depressed person to cheer up. 

He is the personification of a charlatan. You don’t need to walk the walk but you do need to be able to coach players how you expect them to walk. NJ is all talk - sounds good but no real evidence of change. Needs to be gone end of.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redkeith said:

All of the talk about his stats in the Championship, which Rasmus thinks is the 6 best league in Europe,  just prove that he was good at that level, and good at working with players at the lower end of that league, price wise.

There is a world of difference between how you can treat a group of players who are just happy not to be in League one, to dealing with International Footballers, either at Saints or at Stoke . 

I have a friend who is brilliant with engines, two stroke and diesel vans in particular. If I had an old van that I wanted to get back on the road, Ben is your man.  If I had a Formula One engine to fix, not so much ! 

My point is that the Stoke experience should have been a clear warning that Jones struggles to communicate with players from the higher end of the food chain, so it should have been an obvious red flag stopping a premier League appointment.

If these International footballers had any pride, they wouldnt be happy serving up the rubbish we have had to endure. I cant forget having tosit through the Villa and Wlves games away. Pathetic and L1 footballers would have put up a better fight

If it's decided by a panel... Who in their right mind would be voting for the clown to stay? It's just so disjointed. We lose to Wolves and he goes. We get a draw and he stays but then lose the next game and he goes? What are they *hoping* is going to happen? We go on a winning streak? The performances coupled with JWP's comments means that is not going to happen. Better to lose face and give the team a chance of staying up. Losers - top to bottom at the moment. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

He's already had the Brighton, Forest and Villa home games, we've been appalling in all of those. Add in the away games too, he doesn't deserve the Wolves game to throw away another "winnable" home game.

Absolutely this - if the club give this charlatan any more "winnable" games, it's game over. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, redkeith said:

But these are people who think they know better and can beat the system. Dangerously deluded people

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

I wouldn't touch Marsch with a bargepole. Wonder how many lost bets on Jones being next? Bookies will be happy.

I was just thinking that, must have been a lot of money put on Jones to be next manager sacked for odds to drop like they did, hope no one lost too much on that 

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Brighton are a superb side. We got Forest as they were gelling (we were crap though ) likewise Villa who have a great manager. Wolves are now on an upward turn and so fate seems to be turning the screw. Going to games MAY be more fun next season as we might learn how to win games again and the fans get some enjoyment going

4 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I don't disagree but that's what they'll be thinking

3 minutes ago, OldNick said:

If these International footballers had any pride, they wouldnt be happy serving up the rubbish we have had to endure. I cant forget having tosit through the Villa and Wlves games away. Pathetic and L1 footballers would have put up a better fight

Perhaps DCC said something along those lines and ended up playing in the B team in totton?

1 minute ago, JRM said:

I was just thinking that, must have been a lot of money put on Jones to be next manager sacked for odds to drop like they did, hope no one lost too much on that 

Id find it a little amusing as I would never bet against Saints whatever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Nimbus said:

But these are people who think they know better and can beat the system. Dangerously deluded people

I used to have a boss who tried to ignore advice that his planned course of action was illegal, he said he wanted his day in Court to challenge the Law!

Where's Dragan in all this? I'm not sure of the structure at Saints, but isn't he basically bankrolling Ankersen and his spreadsheet hipsters?

When does he step up and start calling people to account? On the current trajectory he's been stung for around £400m for a Championship club. What a mug.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Brighton are a superb side. We got Forest as they were gelling (we were crap though ) likewise Villa who have a great manager. Wolves are now on an upward turn and so fate seems to be turning the screw. Going to games MAY be more fun next season as we might learn how to win games again and the fans get some enjoyment going

I doubt this squad would be capable of better than mid-table in the Championship.

7 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Going to guess OP might be well-intentioned, but is relying on betting odds for his source. Trouble is, everyone in football has seen or heard that post-match interview so I reckon that will be due to neutrals making reasonable assumptions.

Happy to return and eat humble pie in 2.5 hours.

I've waited long enough for my pie. I will have to console myself with sandwich instead.

• Like 1

Just now, qwertyell said:

Where's Dragan in all this? I'm not sure of the structure at Saints, but isn't he basically bankrolling Ankersen and his spreadsheet hipsters?

When does he step up and start calling people to account? On the current trajectory he's been stung for around £400m for a Championship club. What a mug.

Not only that but I'm sure I read that the Onuachu money came directly from him, or at least an assurance he'd foot the bill.  He must see that there's only one way this club is headed if nothing is done soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

I doubt this squad would be capable of better than mid-table in the Championship.

Perhaps, so that shows how difficult a jb anyone has. We haven't a dominant centre back, we haven't any real energy in midfield snapping at peoples heels and as for goalscorers.! We have a squad of plodders. The excitement of the young players was lays going to be risky especially with little experience to help. Having no defenders who really can mix it with high balls is another terrible miss to the squad

Keeping him on is the most pointless exercise in the history of English football. He’s already lost every fan and player, there is no coming back from this. When we lose on Saturday he’ll be gone, so why fucking wait? Even if we win on Saturday, it ends in an inevitable sacking soon after. Can’t bare having his name associated with us one second longer, he’s embarrassed the entire club. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

You can laugh as much as you like @cloggy saint, but today, the board have fucked this club over just to save face.

I'm laughing at the spineless pearl-clutching. "The day our relegation was confirmed", pathetic. Yes, things are shit at the moment but until it's mathematically impossible to survive I'll keep my powder dry. Stranger things have happened.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!