Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, kwsaint said:

I am wondering if they in the process of lining someone else up and want to be able to sack Jones and announce his replacement at the same time.  Don't think that they are stupid enough to think that it might get better with Jones.  They must know that they made a massive mistake appointing him in the first place.

I think they are stupid enough, sadly

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Hiring him in the first place? I think the big test will be in who they install instead, IF indeed they decide to fire him. Talksport we’re reporting that he had a stay of execution so it’s not a done deal just yet.

I dont personally think that makes them 'cretins' though. Yes they made a big bad mistake, but IF they are acknowledging the mistake and making moves to get rid early in his tenure, then thats a good thing.

8 minutes ago, St Louis said:

Why would say that already, im not disagreeing or arguing, just wondering what you know that I dont know about them. As far as I can see they got rid of Ralph quite early when the fans turned, have spent more money that we have ever known across 2 windows (without selling) and now it sounds like they have accepted they've made a mistake in Jones and have started the wheels turning in getting rid.
Its not like sacking a barman in your local boozer, there are seriously tight legals to go through, millions of pounds to pay out in different directions, etc. Other than making a mistake in hiring Jones (which it sounds like they now accept) I cant see what they've done hugely wrong.

Sacked Ralph quite early? 😂😂 

He survived two 9-0 defeats. Some horrific runs of form and should have gone last summer at the very latest. 

• Like 4

ChatGPT is broken. I asked it to write an essay about Nathan Jones :(

Open sidebar

Nathan Jones Football Manager Essay

benrule1983@yahoo.com
Write an essay on Nathan Jones the football manager

Nathan Jones is a Welsh football manager who has had a successful career in managing various football clubs in England and Scotland. He was born on October 2nd, 1977 in Swansea, Wales, and started his football career as a player, playing for a number of teams in the Welsh Premier League.

Jones's managerial career began in 2007 when he was appointed as the manager of Yeovil Town. He was successful in his first managerial role, leading the team to the League Two play-off final in the 2008-09 season, where they lost to Brentford. This performance earned Jones recognition as a promising young manager and he was soon appointed as the manager of Brighton & Hove Albion.

At Brighton, Jones continued his success, leading the team to the League One play-off semi-finals in the 2012-13 season. He also implemented a distinctive playing style that was based on possession football and high pressing. This earned him plaudits from the footballing world and helped establish his reputation as a manager who could develop and implement an effective playing style.

Jones then moved on to manage Luton Town in 2016. He led the team to promotion from League Two in the 2018-19 season, and helped the team establish themselves as one of the strongest teams in League One. He also helped the team reach the final of the EFL Trophy in the 2019-20 season, where they lost to Portsmouth.

Jones's success at Luton Town earned him recognition as one of the best young managers in English football, and he was soon appointed as the manager of Stoke City in 2019. However, his time at Stoke was not as successful as his previous managerial roles, and he was sacked in November 2020 after a poor run of results.

Despite this setback, Jones's reputation as a manager remains intact, and he has been linked with several other managerial roles in recent months. He is widely regarded as a manager who is capable of developing and implementing an effective playing style, and has a proven track record of success at different levels of English football.

In conclusion, Nathan Jones is a successful and highly regarded football manager who has made a significant impact in the world of English and Scottish football. His ability to develop and implement an effective playing style, combined with his proven track record of success at different levels of the game, make him a highly sought after manager in the footballing world.

ChatGPT Jan 30 Version. Free Research Preview. Our goal is to make AI systems more natural and safe to interact with. Your feedback will help us improve.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, St Louis said:

Its not like sacking a barman in your local boozer, there are seriously tight legals to go through, millions of pounds to pay out in different directions, etc. 

If they put no clauses in the contract to address this when they hired him, surely that answers the question why they are cretins?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, St Louis said:

I dont personally think that makes them 'cretins' though. Yes they made a big bad mistake, but IF they are acknowledging the mistake and making moves to get rid early in his tenure, then thats a good thing.

Well I didn’t label them cretins, but I agree with your point.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, altoniansaints said:

This is obviously garbage - if you look at Villa a while back you basically had someone or other saying "there's a board meeting and Gerrard will be sacked tomorrow" every single day for about four weeks. Those accounts just keep chucking out guesswork and eventually will be right.

Eventually a tomorrow will come and Jones will be sacked.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 5

Guardian assessment today - 

Julen Lopetegui has wasted little time in giving Wolves a distinct identity. In under three months they have come to look crisp on the ball, with clear patterns of play, and tigerish off it. 

As far as Saturday is concerned - 

Their raft of new signings have taken to life at Molineux quickly and none more so than Mario Lemina, arguably their best player in the demolition of Liverpool. Perhaps Southampton fans will perform a double-take but Lemina dominated the midfield, snapping into challenges and driving Wolves forward from deep. He completely outshone his opponents and it was the kind of engine-room performance that Jürgen Klopp used to inspire from his own midfielders. 

I think we all know how this is going to go don't we...

And as for a song - remember the old Chelsea one who they had Rafa in charge - 

We don't care about Nathan,

He doesn't care about us - (mad twat)

All we care about is Southampton FC, Southampton FC, Southampton FC

Fx Networks Indian GIF by Reservation Dogs

3 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

my hope is that jones wants a payout and so picks what is in his opinion his worst possible 11 at the weekend. Judging on his best eleven teamsheets we might have a chance this weekend.

I dont think that is the case, his professional pride would be that he believes he can turn things around

And reading further down the Guardian has this comment on us...

Jones out of his depth at Southampton

Ralph Hassenhüttl divided opinion among Southampton supporters. Was the Austrian a high-level tactician and strong motivator operating on limited resources? Or had he run out of ideas, preventing an assault on the top half of the Premier League? A definitive answer is emerging. Switching managers always carries risk but Southampton’s decision to fire Hassenhüttl and hire Nathan Jones has backfired. When your recently recruited manager reacts to another limp defeat by referencing how good the xG was when he was in charge of Luton, all is not well. There was a measure of desperation in Jones’s insistence that he has “compromised certain principles” on “a few little things” since taking the job. He says that will change but the fans have made their minds up, and Nottingham Forest, Leicester, Wolves and Everton all picked up three points over the weekend. Southampton may need a miracle, and Jones looks a long way from being capable of producing one.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

We'll never truly know what gets said behind the scenes, but the club can't just ignore fan feeling here. Who are they talking to that is suggesting that sticking with him for even the next 24 hrs is a good idea?

As other's have said, duty of care comes into this. Why would you put someone quite clearly having a bit of stress overload into a situation on Saturday that could tip anyone over the edge. There's having broad shoulders and then there's being deaf, we've all seen how spikey he is - why are the club willing to risk Saturday? I'm not even thinking about the game at this stage, just as him as a person.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This is obviously garbage - if you look at Villa a while back you basically had someone or other saying "there's a board meeting and Gerrard will be sacked tomorrow" every single day for about four weeks. Those accounts just keep chucking out guesswork and eventually will be right.

Eventually a tomorrow will come and Jones will be sacked.

The poster of that tweet had a massive following maybe 30 obviously a spooky geek sat jerking off someone believed it before checking source

Shocked to wake up and see Jones is still here.

The Club is fully aware of the toxic fan sentiment and even the negative views of high-profile journalists. That’s two strikes. The third – and arguably most important - strike would be if most of the key players want him gone. It would be crazy - suicidal even - to expect them to bust their balls to save his job on Saturday if they want him out.

The ONLY thing that could explain a decision to NOT fire him today is if the majority of key players still support him. SR wouldn’t take a vote but I’m sure they’d ask JWP for some “inside the dressing room” insight.

It would be one hell of a gamble to keep him in place, given what Saturday could look like if we lose again.

2 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

Shocked to wake up and see Jones is still here.

The Club is fully aware of the toxic fan sentiment and even the negative views of high-profile journalists. That’s two strikes. The third – and arguably most important - strike would be if most of the key players want him gone. It would be crazy - suicidal even - to expect them to bust their balls to save his job on Saturday if they want him out.

The ONLY thing that could explain a decision to NOT fire him today is if the majority of key players still support him. SR wouldn’t take a vote but I’m sure they’d ask JWP for some “inside the dressing room” insight.

It would be one hell of a gamble to keep him in place, given what Saturday could look like if we lose again.

If as seems likely he gets Saturdays game and we fail to get a result, which also seems likely as we are not very good, his pattern of behaviour points to taking it out on the players.

He's screwed himself by saying the compromised bollocks the other day, so I imagine he will double down and say "they didn't do what I told them" etc etc

Which tbf he has kind of done previously. 

• Like 1

It must be difficult enough atm attracting a new manager considering our league position.

If we keep Jones for Saturday and then fail to get a result against fellow relegation strugglers Wolves , it is going to be even more difficult.

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

If we keep Jones for Saturday and then fail to get a result against fellow relegation strugglers Wolves , it is going to be even more difficult.

If we fail to get a result EVERYTHING gets more difficult, thats why keeping him for another game is ridiculous

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

No one seems to know. According to someone on another site Jones wasn’t even there on Sunday so it is not clear, if there was a fight, that he was even involved. Also, if there was a fight you would expect the club to already have investigated the situation. It all seems to have gone very quiet so either there is a cover up going on or it wasn’t that serious. My money is on the latter.

Do you really think the club would announce publicly they are investigating a mass training ground punch up? Come on Soggy i know you think youre an investigative expert having held a low level admin job at the CPS and guardian but surely even you aren't that naive? 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You have to hand it to him though.

Managers brought in = 1

Managers brought in that are shit = 1

xSM (shit managers) = 1

Best in fucking Europe those stats.

Yeah and here's a formula for Ankersen;

Nathan + Jones - Due Diligence = Relegation

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, St Louis said:

Why would say that already, im not disagreeing or arguing, just wondering what you know that I dont know about them. As far as I can see they got rid of Ralph quite early when the fans turned, have spent more money that we have ever known across 2 windows (without selling) and now it sounds like they have accepted they've made a mistake in Jones and have started the wheels turning in getting rid.
Its not like sacking a barman in your local boozer, there are seriously tight legals to go through, millions of pounds to pay out in different directions, etc. Other than making a mistake in hiring Jones (which it sounds like they now accept) I cant see what they've done hugely wrong.

How about factoring in the point that the numpties tracked Jones for months, decided he was right for us and appointed him on a big salary? 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!