Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Pretty sure he said he was missing this weekend due to a family commitment

Ah, fair enough. Might partially explain why he's felt able to be a little less guarded with his words the last couple of days 

Edited by trousers

10 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

She'll be fine. She was at the Coventry Cup game last season, where Neanderthals were trying to punch each other because the other team scored! We are in the Chapel too, so fairly confident it should ok. 

If it gets silly, we will leave. 

The savages in the Chapel end! Dangerous folk always banging their hands together. 

What a depressing morning hitting refresh. Ooh, we're so in awe of your 'standing by the manager' balls because 'something something stats', Ankersen. Jones is not Frank. The player sell-off at the end of the season (or more likely from now on) will be a whir, and equally damaging. Even fewer of the players will want to play for us or the club, or the manager. Orsic is doubtless already telling his agent he wants out. Pathetic.

• Like 2

Another angle on this, should the club really subject Jones to the ordeal of what Saturday will obviously become if he is still in charge?

On a human level they have a duty of care to him, and unless they come out and verbally explain their thinking about this situation specifically it seems like he gets (literally) thrown to the Wolves.

I thought when he was appointed it was odd to have nobody from the club comment on the reasons for hiring him as that might have slightly helped with the initial concern of the fanbase. For example, why was Semmens nor Ankersen at Jones first press conference with him? Even a brief video on the OS might have helped fans to understand their thinking.

Can't think of anyone that benefits from this continuing.

• Like 10

So depressing. It's just gonna ruin another Saturday as well - I'd argue it would be a cracking game to go to, just for the atmosphere, but travelling from Spain is not on the cards. So it's just going to ruin my day like countless other weekends for the last couple of years. Just sack him and get us onboard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DT said:

What a depressing morning hitting refresh. Ooh, we're so in awe of your 'standing by the manager' balls because 'something something stats', Ankersen. Jones is not Frank. The player sell-off at the end of the season (or more likely from now on) will be a whir, and equally damaging. Even fewer of the players will want to play for us or the club, or the manager. Orsic is doubtless already telling his agent he wants out. Pathetic.

Would you go as far as to say Ankersen runs the club like a crappy seaside B&B?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

All stewards have been told they must be in attendance Saturday.

Guessing Jones will still be here.

What on earth is the point. Even if we somehow manage to win, everyone( the fans) fking hates him. As soon as goes south again - as it inevitably will, its gonna turn really nasty really quickly and we'll end up having to find someone new anyway but with less games to save the season. Its bonkers.

• Like 7

Sports Republic are spineless....

Why continue with Jones 

The guy is a unhinged tosser...

The fans don't want him 

The players don't either

Sticking a Croatian international in the B team....

Bad mouthing our best prospect Lavia..

The man is a clown 

End of story 

Rasmus is a numpty aswell grow some spuds and do the right thing admit you fked up...

• Like 2

Can’t believe this cunt is still in charge. I’m gonna lump on a 5 or 6 nil loss for us Saturday, once we go a goal down it’s going to be an absolute shit show. I really hope Dragan is in attendance to see what Ankersen has allowed to happen to his investment.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Saturday will be a lot of fun if he's still here. Love those sorts of games with an edge.

Same. I'm actually tempted to go now and I wasn't even considering it beforehand.

You can stick your fucking ted talks up your arse!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Sports Republic are spineless....

Why continue with Jones 

The guy is a unhinged tosser...

The fans don't want him 

The players don't either

Sticking a Croatian international in the B team....

Bad mouthing our best prospect Lavia..

The man is a clown 

End of story 

Rasmus is a numpty aswell grow some spuds and do the right thing admit you fked up...

I've seen people mention this, where does this happen? Absolute joke if he's throwing an 18/19 year old under the bus when he's been one of the best players every time he's played. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disconnect said:

I've seen people mention this, where does this happen? Absolute joke if he's throwing an 18/19 year old under the bus when he's been one of the best players every time he's played. 

After the game on Saturday. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

No, I just called people out when they're chatting shit. I just don't think people need to make things up to justify their opinions, that's all.

Case in point, which one of these scenarios was the right one?

@S-Clarke Completely my mistake. At least I have the balls to hold my hands up and admit my error. It was KWP who was heard saying this. No idea why I posted 'Edozie'? I was clearly having a CRAFT moment. (Can't Remember a Fucking Thing).

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Can’t believe this cunt is still in charge. I’m gonna lump on a 5 or 6 nil loss for us Saturday, once we go a goal down it’s going to be an absolute shit show. I really hope Dragan is in attendance to see what Ankersen has allowed to happen to his investment.

I wanted to give him slack, but it is sad that it is not going to work. When he got the 3 wins in a week there was hope that things would turn, but the bizarre Lavia sub and whilst Theo has been a good player (not since his return) coming on was enough for me. Let alone Jans starting in 2 games

• Like 2

The board are idiotic.

This outburst and alleged bust up gave them the perfect reason to can him.

Clearly they don't care about the club, more about their egos and Ankerson's book sales targets.

We could have wiped the slate clean today and made a real push to survive but no, not these numpties.

Mark it down, Feb 6, the day our relegation was confirmed. Sad.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The thing I’ve come to learn is these spreadsheet stat nerds really don’t like to admit they’re wrong. 

We had our own on here who, to the bitter end, wouldn’t admit that his ‘observation’ or Broja was incredibly wrong. Finding fault in the smallest of things to try and back up his point. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rasmus was the Same. After all, this failure really does put a dent in his stats first philosophy. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, DT said:

what did happen in training? have read about a 'scrap' but do you have details? cheers

No one seems to know. According to someone on another site Jones wasn’t even there on Sunday so it is not clear, if there was a fight, that he was even involved. Also, if there was a fight you would expect the club to already have investigated the situation. It all seems to have gone very quiet so either there is a cover up going on or it wasn’t that serious. My money is on the latter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

The thing I’ve come to learn is these spreadsheet stat nerds really don’t like to admit they’re wrong. 

We had our own on here who, to the bitter end, wouldn’t admit that his ‘observation’ or Broja was incredibly wrong. Finding fault in the smallest of things to try and back up his point. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rasmus was the Same. After all, this failure really does put a dent in his stats first philosophy. 

Now I come to think about it, did anyone ever see @TWar and Rasmus together in the same room....? ;)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

I'm calling it now.

This is the watershed moment, the point where everything changed for poor, underappreciated and misunderstood Nathie J.

Premier League survival is secured, the FA Cup is won and he and Rasmus smugly proclaim "I told you so".

Back To The Future Explain GIF - Back To The Future Explain Doc Brown -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, LGTL said:

After the game on Saturday. 

Did he actually “bad mouth” him or did he defend his decision for taking him off by saying that he wasn’t running the game? No fan of Jones but it seems like some things are being blown out of all proportion as part of the witch hunt.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, trousers said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Adam is "otherwise engaged" this week if Jones take the press conference as per usual 

My understanding is that Adam Blackmore is on holiday this week, which is why he's not involved with the fans forum. Hearing Paul Belverstone (formerly of ITV, now - I think - Premier League Productions) might be chairing it.

14 minutes ago, Dman said:

You have to hand it to him though.

Managers brought in = 1

Managers brought in that are shit = 1

xSM (shit managers) = 1

Best in fucking Europe those stats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

We are run by cretins. 

Why would say that already, im not disagreeing or arguing, just wondering what you know that I dont know about them. As far as I can see they got rid of Ralph quite early when the fans turned, have spent more money that we have ever known across 2 windows (without selling) and now it sounds like they have accepted they've made a mistake in Jones and have started the wheels turning in getting rid.
Its not like sacking a barman in your local boozer, there are seriously tight legals to go through, millions of pounds to pay out in different directions, etc. Other than making a mistake in hiring Jones (which it sounds like they now accept) I cant see what they've done hugely wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Another angle on this, should the club really subject Jones to the ordeal of what Saturday will obviously become if he is still in charge?

On a human level they have a duty of care to him, and unless they come out and verbally explain their thinking about this situation specifically it seems like he gets (literally) thrown to the Wolves.

I thought when he was appointed it was odd to have nobody from the club comment on the reasons for hiring him as that might have slightly helped with the initial concern of the fanbase. For example, why was Semmens nor Ankersen at Jones first press conference with him? Even a brief video on the OS might have helped fans to understand their thinking.

Can't think of anyone that benefits from this continuing.

I  dont think this is just another angle its probably the most pertinent. We can debate football till the cows come home, its all options but this man came as close to literally having a breakdown in front of our eyes as any one of us have ever seen from a professional sports person.

He CAN NOT be allowed to hold another press conference

He CAN NOT be allowed to stand on the side line of a football pitch for the foreseeable future 

You will literally be setting this man up to be destroyed in public and all for the sack of saving their own faces.

1 minute ago, St Louis said:

Why would say that already, im not disagreeing or arguing, just wondering what you know that I dont know about them. As far as I can see they got rid of Ralph quite early when the fans turned, have spent more money that we have ever known across 2 windows (without selling) and now it sounds like they have accepted they've made a mistake in Jones and have started the wheels turning in getting rid.
Its not like sacking a barman in your local boozer, there are seriously tight legals to go through, millions of pounds to pay out in different directions, etc. Other than making a mistake in hiring Jones (which it sounds like they now accept) I cant see what they've done hugely wrong.

Hiring him in the first place? I think the big test will be in who they install instead, IF indeed they decide to fire him. Talksport we’re reporting that he had a stay of execution so it’s not a done deal just yet.

I am wondering if they in the process of lining someone else up and want to be able to sack Jones and announce his replacement at the same time.  Don't think that they are stupid enough to think that it might get better with Jones.  They must know that they made a massive mistake appointing him in the first place.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!