Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

22 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Where's Dragan in all this? I'm not sure of the structure at Saints, but isn't he basically bankrolling Ankersen and his spreadsheet hipsters?

When does he step up and start calling people to account? On the current trajectory he's been stung for around £400m for a Championship club. What a mug.

My thoughts exactly.  Rasmus at some point is going to have to answer to Dragan. And although Dragan is hugely wealthy he's not in the Elon Musk league where losing hundreds of millions is small change. You hope he would hold Rasus's feet to the coals!

Marsch didn’t event infer that their fans, players and coaching staff were a load of cunts.

It is beyond belief that Jones is being kept on.  It is just an exercise in saving face.  We will not win another league game under Nathan Jones.  A staggeringly poor appointment.

• Like 6

Genuinely don’t think Marsch would be a bad appointment for us.  He came in and kept Leeds up last season when they looked doomed.  Then they sold their two star players in the summer, Phillips and Raphinha.  They tend to have lost tight games, have had Bamford injured most of the season and have a pretty weak squad.

I wanted Benitez, Cooper or Dyche back in the summer all of whom were achievable then.  Rafa still is, I would add Marsch, Gerrard and Nuno as other Premier League experienced managers all out of work.  Don’t think Lampard would be credible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I reckon Jones has the Wolves game. Brentford away isn't the easiest fixture these days even if it was a dire performance. Lose at home to Wolves and the writing really is on the wall

How many times have we said this about the next game though ?

Hope he turns it round and we go on an unbeaten run to the end of the season. But not expecting anything like it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

If Rafa wants it he feels like the only candidate for me.  We need pedigree and we need it fast !

Not sure he'd be interested anyway tbf

This is the main worry for me. Its possible we have sounded out and approached guys like Benetiz and Nuno, and they have said no thanks. Maybe SR have just decided to stick with Jones as they can't find any alternatives. I know its a stretch that they can't find anyone better, but with this lot something surprises me.

5 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

If Rafa wants it he feels like the only candidate for me.  We need pedigree and we need it fast !

Not sure he'd be interested anyway tbf

There is no reason for him to be interested at all, especially if he has to pick the team he's told to pick as the welsh wonder seems to be inferring is happening

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JRM said:

I was just thinking that, must have been a lot of money put on Jones to be next manager sacked for odds to drop like they did, hope no one lost too much on that 

Trying to track down Keyser Soze to get my money back is not as easy as you might think. tricky fella 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

This is the main worry for me. Its possible we have sounded out and approached guys like Benetiz and Nuno, and they have said no thanks. Maybe SR have just decided to stick with Jones as they can't find any alternatives. I know its a stretch that they can't find anyone better, but with this lot something surprises me.

The problem with this logic, is we'd be better off with the current lot without Jones than with him. He's toxic, and no-one wants him. The fans hate him. At a minimum getting rid of him would unite the fans with the players.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

The problem with this logic, is we'd be better off with the current lot without Jones than with him. He's toxic, and no-one wants him. The fans hate him. At a minimum getting rid of him would unite the fans with the players.

Agreed. Would take Selles being in charge over Jones. I seriously expected him to be out this morning. 

• Like 2

Everyone associated with football knows that his time with us should be up and he’s doing awfully. Wright, Sutton, Blackmore, the fans, senior players and staff in the Twitter chat, Orsic’s cryptic Instagram post. Unfortunately, however the decision makers are too egotistical to admit they’ve made a mistake. Watch him alienate the players and the fans more and watch the club go down without a fight.

Out of touch bastards.

• Like 5

DO football managers have probation periods like other employees? I would assume not as it's a contract but it was pretty clear from day one that this guy wasn't right for us or up to the job, it's mental that we've got to pay millions out to one of the worst managers ever.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

DO football managers have probation periods like other employees? I would assume not as it's a contract but it was pretty clear from day one that this guy wasn't right for us or up to the job, it's mental that we've got to pay millions out to one of the worst managers ever.

Not only is there no probation period one of the few jobs where you have to actually pay to sack Someone! 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We even paid Luton compensation to buy him out of his contract with them!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

As i see it, because we're in crisis only one man is suitable for the job;

image.jpeg.5b6c1f66b20143fa205911e975b938b0.jpeg

Edited by swannymere
  • Like 1

Leeds, above us and with a better record, seemingly acting quicker to dismiss a manager who isn't even having a mental breakdown. That's how bad we are. Rotten to the core. And we have an ex-Manchester City director bringing all his 'baggage' too...

#healthy

• Like 7

1 minute ago, swannymere said:

As i see it, because we're in crisis only one man is suitable for the job;

image.jpeg.5b6c1f66b20143fa205911e975b938b0.jpeg

He's just left Leeds

14 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not only is there no probation period one of the few jobs where you have to actually pay to sack Someone! 

Quite right to!

Especially if you've spent 18 months doing extensive research into your next manager, you'd like to think you've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's, including the terms in the contract you issue.

• Like 1

I guess to play devils advocate on the situation, the board don't feel like they're "dithering" or "wasting time" etc as their lack of action, to me a least, indicates they have belief in Jones.

Which I think is as bewildering as Jones claiming to be one of the best managers statistically in Europe.

Said it before, I just find it all so sad and unnecessary 

Edited by Mr Nimbus

35 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Why would anyone better be interested in our job at this stage of the season, where we are ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Turkish said:

That’s on Rambo Wankersen. I watched a few games on YouTube of Stoke and Luton sides overseen by Nat followed by the pressers and was all the due diligence required for a sentient human being who had watched football matches previously. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

I wonder how much money this forum collectively lost betting on Jones being first to go? 

I'll start... £40... 🥳

I did seriously debate putting ten grand on at 10/1. Then I remembered I don't have ten grand.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, obelisk said:

I'm starting to think that SR are already resigned to relegation. Either that or intervention by the hand of god.

SR think this is the bit where the doubt is replaced by wonder as their moneyball approach kicks in

My fear is that he's being given the Wolves game to turn it around, we'll win and he'll be given more time. We'll then lose another 5 matches on the bounce and be on for certain relegation. 

Got to go now and let Selles manage the team on Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coalman said:

SR think this is the bit where the doubt is replaced by wonder as their moneyball approach kicks in

Yep. Deluded. Narcissistic. You only have to look at Ankersen's Twitter account to see what a turd he is.

'The Secure Way Is The Insecure Way

Twonk.

• Sad 1

I am not overly worried by his insults and accusing fans of being horrible to him so what !! but the players i cant see how there is any way back from last Saturday .

How is Lavia going to react he is only a kid and he is our best Def Mid by miles arguably our best player end of and he has just had his manger through him squarely under a bus .

Caleta Car and Orsic , clearly undermined by Jones where can that go from here .

JWP looks lost and disillusioned.

The kick off at the training ground who was that , what was that ....did jones pile in there reading them all him do it my way now attitude ????

The forum , the presser on Thursday and Saturday are gonna be very telling I guess .

Tactics what tactics? 

We have gone backwards since Ralph I cannot think of one positive. 

Now we have a spiky bellend at the helm who refuses to acknowledge and take any form of accountability that the style of football he is serving up is quite frankly abysmal at this level..... 

Do the board suddenly think he is going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season  of something 🤣🤣🤣

Pull the plug now get him gone and get someone who is capable at this level in for fuk sakes...... 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!