Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

17 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The fans need to vote with their feet. a half empty stadium would soon make the board notice. The problem is that our fans are useless when it comes to direct action. 

There is always some splitter twat who says he’s not a fan but a supporter 

55 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Steady on mate. We're all annoyed but the worst you'll get at the weekend are some rude chants and maybe some fights in the stands. We aren't a scary fanbase. 

I think it depends on how we start the game but the slightest setback and things could get very ugly very quickly.

If he chooses the wrong players it could all kick off before the kickoff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HKsaint said:

We spent so much money on the players but we are going to be relegated just because of the manager. 

It's insane, isn't it? If SR aren't concerned about relegation, as has been alluded to, then why the f*ck did they spend £130m on new players this window? If they are worried about relegation why the f*ck is that fraud of a manager still here? 96% of the fans, and virtually all football pundits, can see clearly the muppet is completely out of his depth tactically. And that doesn't even take into consideration that he has the personality of a turd.

I don't mind stupid people, and I don't mind people in power. But I detest morons in positions of power. Especially when applied to the club we love, which is going down in flames due to the grade-A imbeciles in charge.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, St. Ciervo said:

If he chooses the wrong players??? I have seen nothing over the past months to think he is going to suddenly put together a cohesive plan. I fully expect to see Diallo and Ely on that pitch come kickoff.

Don't forget Lyanco, Bree and Janny Bloody B.

• Sad 1

So Mr Jones has one game to prove to the fans (who will never forgive him) and the board that he can do it HIS way. (The way we setup vs Forest) ha ha and we thought it was fucking shit.

I get the impression the moment he walked in he was told to watch videos of matches, pick certainly players and set up a formation that suits the club playbook. Even players were telling Jones what to do!

So it’s a clean slate and I wish him the very best for Saturday but I personally think he’s a dead man walking and that the board are looking desperately for a replacement. Can’t see many players rolling their sleeves up for Jones come Saturday if selected but that’s just my personal opinion.

Edited by Pilchards
  • Like 3

I'm a professional gambler, have been since 1996, and I would like to advise those of you who want to take a punt on NJ being the next manager to be sacked not to do so.

On the contrary, if there is a market on him staying till the end of the season, take a punt on that instead because he's staying till the end of the season at the very least.

There is no "stay of execution" (don't believe the pundits), he does not have "just one more game" i.e. the Wolves game to prove himself, and the owners are taking a long-term view.

The board will listen to the likes of Thomas Frank and JWP above the likes of the rabid fans on this message board.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Football forums are the funniest social media places ever when things are not going right.

So true!

8 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Wouldn't he be forfeiting any Chelsea compo if he comes to us? Not sure he'd want a likely relegation on his CV either. I can't see it.

When we sack our manager they (apparently) get paid off in full, no ifs, no buts.  Other managers get binned off and have conditions with respect to their 'compo' meaning they can't come to us!

8 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I can honestly see a Cantona Vs Palace incident happening on Saturday, Jones is that unhinged.

Odds on would be a different ending however. Gladys, a 75 year old dinner lady from Shirley calls Nat a ‘dinlo’ as he’s running the gauntlet. Dragon fire blazing in his eyes, Nat leaps the barrier, within an instant he confronts his antagonist in a cloud of pickled onion Monster Munch breath. Gladys takes a half step back to distribute weight, and chins Nat with a sweet short uppercut sending his seven stone Lycra clad frame back over the hoarding. Lying face up on the turf on the edge of consciousness Nat hears the concerned crowd  chanting his name in unison ‘Nathan Jones, what a wanker, what a wanker…’ and he’s transported back to his hard ex-mining town childhood where this sort of thing happened every week when it wasn’t raining. 

Edited by Miltonaggro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

I'm a professional gambler, have been since 1996, and I would like to advise those of you who want to take a punt on NJ being the next manager to be sacked not to do so.

On the contrary, if there is a market on him staying till the end of the season, take a punt on that instead because he's staying till the end of the season at the very least.

There is no "stay of execution" (don't believe the pundits), he does not have "just one more game" i.e. the Wolves game to prove himself, and the owners are taking a long-term view.

The board will listen to the likes of Thomas Frank and JWP above the likes of the rabid fans on this message board.

Have you bet on us being relegated?

Thing is, the fans on this message board are right, and there is no way they are going to Thomas Frank for advice on this. Ps what will the score be on Saturday? Could do with a few quid. I’m going 0~2. Or in Jones’ words, ‘progress’. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Yeah right.  His breakdown will really kick in when he gets his contract paid off for being absolutely shit, and he’s on a beach somewhere sipping Pina Coladas.

His point is valid, money and riches  are definitely no cure  for psychological trauma or poor mental health. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DT said:

What will the score be on Saturday? I’m going 0~2. Or in Jones’ words, ‘progress’. 

"With the greatest respect they've been losing and conceding goals here for a year, long before I got here. At Luton town we didn't concede goals we got balls into the box, were aggressive, high xG, we were up there with the best in Europe. You'll see that team next month, you'll see it."

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, adrian lord said:

Ankersen writes books about being a success...without actually being a successful himself. 

It is reminiscent of those self-appointed "life coaches" who have utterly fucked up personal and professional lives behind the scenes. 

So true. You’ve got to be one of the most arrogant people alive to position yourself as a life coach 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 8

You have absolutely no idea what JWP has said internally, and any platitudes Thomas Frank comes out with are irrelevant.

The one thing we do know is the transfer window strategy was entirely focused on staying up, so the club, right now aren't taking a "long term view" at all, quite the opposite.

• Like 5

I take it the most vehement anti Jones posters on here are going on Saturday to create a toxic atmosphere and do thier bit towards getting him sacked?

Or are they "boycotting" the match, just like they do every week to sit on their asses and moan on the internet instead?

Doesn't matter where you live, if you are that passionate that you want him out then do something about it. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I take it the most vehement anti Jones posters on here are going on Saturday to create a toxic atmosphere and do thier bit towards getting him sacked?

Or are they "boycotting" the match, just like they do every week to sit on their asses and moan on the internet instead?

Doesn't matter where you live, if you are that passionate that you want him out then do something about it. 

I’ll be there and moan like buggery all game. Unfortunately I can’t whistle well but will boo like billyo at full time. Then off to the pub to discuss how this fuckwit is still at the club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I thought there was an opportunity in the Blog, to discuss a possible route out of this mess, but much the same as reading fans forums, like this one.

Or to say if we are keeping Jones, what are the options, and routes NJ can take to turn this around.

I don’t think there’s anyone left that believes he can turn this around now. Perhaps just Rasmus?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goodymatt said:

I don’t think there’s anyone left that believes he can turn this around now. Perhaps just Rasmus?

Possibly, who knows, I was more saying to write a different view on the Blog, as it s just a reflection of most things written here and Not606, without an output really, other than NJ should go.

MY view is if we are going to write a Blog, what is the output, where is the angle. I mean - and Im not saying I know how, just where is Rasmus’s head right now - he needs to appear in control, just for a second think if some of the team where bad attitude wise under Ralph, and now under NJ, is this about making a stand about players? Or that he believes in thsi system, even if it takes 18 months, relegation to come out of it a better side in the long term?

Like I said I dont know, and considering many will leave after relegation, it may be irrelevant, was just trying to think about a different angle for a blog.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

So true!

When we sack our manager they (apparently) get paid off in full, no ifs, no buts.  Other managers get binned off and have conditions with respect to their 'compo' meaning they can't come to us!

No we don't,  we pay them till the end of their contract on a regular basis if they are still unemployed. That is why Mark Hughes disdisappeared from the public eye until his contract with us was paid in full. Then he was back doing media work and then back into management. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goodymatt said:

Oh there is. Nathan Jones clearly does. I suspect Bree and Bednarek do too - possibly others like JWP. Then there’s his family. There’s probably a few thousand softies in the fan base that are still thinking “better the devil you know” or have just given up caring or actually fancy some time in the lower leagues again.

I actually do believe NJ came in with the instruction to play just like Ralph did and others before him. The Southampton Way if you like. More fool him I say, because anyone with half a brain cell could see that was not working. When I saw the first couple of games I knew he’d fail, because it was clear nothing had changed…we still played the same turgid, slow paced, backwards/sideways passing football with no attacking threat. But worse as we’d lost any form of identity.

Perhaps Nathan can make things better by doing it his way. Personally I don’t think that’s going to work with a squad of players not built in his mould…they’ve already started revolting if rumours are true. From the moment he admitted defeat and effectively exposed the club/players/fans he was figuratively speaking a dead man walking. He will continue to fail on Saturday and Wolves must be licking their lips given he’s largely given away his game plan. It could be ugly indeed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, niceandfriendly said:

"With the greatest respect they've been losing and conceding goals here for a year, long before I got here. At Luton town we didn't concede goals we got balls into the box, were aggressive, high xG, we were up there with the best in Europe. You'll see that team next month, you'll see it."

Those nine words and and the way he said them I really picked up on when I heard the interview over the weekend.  It's like he was saying - look at what I'm capable of, if only I had the time, the money, the players, worse opposition, L1 expectations and no pressure..........  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So true. You’ve got to be one of the most arrogant people alive to position yourself as a life coach 🤣🤣🤣

Not arrogance as such, more Narcissistic personality disorder. I guess the boil down to the same thing ultimately. But narcissists can never be wrong.

4 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Welcome, Paul Merson. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

Anyone else hating their 'On This Day Facebook Memories' from 8 years ago....?

FB_IMG_1675759218068.jpg

Stoke and Swansea fans are arguably crying more! Think it's worth also remembering who the manager was and the team that got us to these giddy heights - was it THAT much better than the squad now and is there anyone from the squad 8 years ago still in the side?  Quite revealing really.

8 minutes ago, trousers said:

Anyone else hating their 'On This Day Facebook Memories' from 8 years ago....?

FB_IMG_1675759218068.jpg

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

• Like 6

Just now, JRM said:

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

Tell that to Preston. 

1 minute ago, JRM said:

Great quote - where did that come from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Surely doing a #JonesOut hashtag on twitter is enough? 

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Great quote - where did that come from?

24 hour party people, in some ways can enjoy the good times more once you've lived through the bad 

Having said that a good mate of mine follows Swindon Town home and away and would consider making 3rd round of the FA Cup a memorable season so its all relative I suppose 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Stoke and Swansea fans are arguably crying more! Think it's worth also remembering who the manager was and the team that got us to these giddy heights - was it THAT much better than the squad now and is there anyone from the squad 8 years ago still in the side?  Quite revealing really.

Our squad on this very day 8 years ago... Is that really 19 places better than our current squad (on paper)?

Screenshot_20230207-090607.png

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

Our squad on this very day 8 years ago... Is that really 19 places better than our current squad (on paper)?

I would have thought the answer to that was an eminently obvious "yes"!  More experienced competent backline - tough midfield with players able to move into the attacking third (and score + Morgan on the bench!) - Mane and Pelle (with Tadic on the bench!).

6 minutes ago, trousers said:

Defence and gk is much better. Wanyana very good and plays every week unlike Lavia. Mane brilliant and then a proper target man up top. I'd say that's miles better. 

20 minutes ago, trousers said:

Was that really eight years ago? Seems almost like yesterday. Time flies so quick these days.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!