Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

9 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t doubt it’s highly likely that it would be the Saintsiest/Nathan Jones thing to happen in isolating certain players; but I’m not going to take one posters word that it’s legit.

It doesn’t really phase me what happens on the training ground, bottom line is if he is still manager we will be going down. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m more intrigued about the fans forum tonight

Either they sack him today - feels unlikely now - or they try and steamroll the fans forum by starting with a supportive statement with a not too subtle "no further questions" tone to it, to shut it down from the off. Lets talk about gender neutral balti pies and travel arrangements for midweek cup ties, not the manager.

I mean, it will be mental if it comes to that but the idea that the people running the club are tactically astute is long gone.

Edited by CB Fry

6 hours ago, trousers said:

Our squad on this very day 8 years ago... Is that really 19 places better than our current squad (on paper)?

Screenshot_20230207-090607.png

Quite a few of them still playing on well into their 30s too: Forster at Spurs, Clyne at Palace, Fonte at Lille, Yoshida at Schalke, Targett at Newcastle, Reed at Fulham, Tadic at Ajax, Davis at Rangers, Mané at Bayern Munich. Only Ward-Prowse is still here. There was a more settled team then. Our lineup a year later wasn't much different apart from the addition of van Dijk. You need a settled team to be successful. What we have at the moment is more like a collection of interchangeable individuals.

Queens Park Rangers 0-1 Southampton - BBC Sport

Southampton 1-0 West Ham United - BBC Sport

Edited by Nordic Saint

The Board may think that it would be a dangerous precedent to sack Jones due to the overwhelming fan pressure, but as a fanbase we are generally very tolerant and since Branfoot I can't remember another instance where a manager has been so universally disliked. 

Unless something happened today involving the players making an official complaint etc, they aren't going to sack him unless we don't win on Saturday. At this point only 3 points could save him to be honest and as others have said, even then its simply a case of when not if. 

Personally I think it would need a run of form that we haven't managed in a long while to change the opinions of fans. When you consider the fixture list, it isn't reasonable to expect that either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charliemiller said:

Lavia , orsic , cal car , bella kothchup all training on there own

If they've been ostracized that's on obvious problem, but players working in small groups on specific things isn't unusal in itself. If it's true, context is needed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/at-least-nathan-jones-is-also-having-a

This article is fascinating. The fact he got a photo of himself and stuck it up framed at Stoke says a lot and what his mindset is like. He's a classic narcissist. 

"Jones did get another triumph over Leeds a few days later, winning on penalties at Elland Road in the Carabao Cup on a night I remember him arguing with his defenders while leading 2-0 — they were having none of him — kicking bottles, leaning back with his hands clasping his buttocks and screaming, and calling Leeds fans behind the dugout ‘wankers’. That result kept him in a job long enough to put six more defeats on Stoke City’s season before they got rid."

This is what I fear most happening on Saturday. A fluke win against Wolves and we'll be stuck with him a while longer.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

As much as I want this guy gone asap, all the personal stuff is a bit much. Loon, narcissist, being Welsh, etc, etc, just ain't needed.

He's been a shit appointment, lets himself and the club down when he speaks, and needs replacing. Surely that's all that needs  to be said.

Edited by egg
  • Like 21
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/at-least-nathan-jones-is-also-having-a

This article is fascinating. The fact he got a photo of himself and stuck it up framed at Stoke says a lot and what his mindset is like. He's a classic narcissist. 

That's plain weird.  It's not even a photo of a team celebrating - it's just him.  He does appear increasingly more barmy the more we learn about him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, egg said:

As much as I want this guy gone asap, all the personal stuff is a bit much. Loon, narcissist, being Welsh, etc, etc, just ain't needed.

He's been a shit appointment, lets himself and the club down when he speaks, and needs replay. Surely that's all that needs  to be said.

I'm having a lot of my in-built prejudices reinforced by this guy too.

11 minutes ago, egg said:

He's been a shit appointment, lets himself and the club down when he speaks, and needs replay. Surely that's all that needs  to be said.

That's not personal at all. He clearly has a number of traits as demonstrated by his actions and his interviews that mean you could easily suspect him to have NPD. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Here is Nathan Jones celebrating one of his only victories at Stoke. He got a picture of himself framed and hung up. Incredibly odd behaviour. 

The funny thing is that he got a photo of himself blown up for everyone to see, and then got a photo taken of him walking past the photograph of himself.  

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Here is Nathan Jones celebrating one of his only victories at Stoke. He got a picture of himself framed and hung up. Incredibly odd behaviour. 

You sure he wass still working there then?  Looks more like he's had to pop in as part of his paper round

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, egg said:

He's been a shit appointment, lets himself and the club down when he speaks, and needs replacing. Surely that's all that needs  to be said.

Did you read the link where I called him a loon? Is that normal behaviour? I stand by what I have said.

• Like 1

Just now, revolution saint said:

The funny thing is that he got a photo of himself blown up for everyone to see, and then got a photo taken of him walking past the photograph of himself.  

I'm not sure I've ever disliked a manager more. Last week I scoffed when someone said that and reminded them of saggychops but Jones may have surpassed him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's very unusual for top managers to be so obsessed with their past glories. The best managers are always focused on the here and now and the future. 

You didn't see Pep on Sunday after the Spurs loss say "yeah but I was great at Barcelona". 

I think I am like most Saints fans in that I'm sick and tired of him bleating on about Luton. I don't care. I only care about what he does at Saints. If I hear him go on about bloody Luton one more time.... 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

He's got a framed version of that photo in his front room.

There's a photo of him in front of it in the League Manager's trade magazine.

He asked the magazine for the original of that photo and got it printed on the side of a hot air balloon.

I think a photo of that was in the paper. There's a picture of him reading that newspaper article in Four Four Two magazine. I think he asked for the original photo.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

He's got a framed version of that photo in his front room.

There's a photo of him in front of it in the League Manager's trade magazine.

He asked the magazine for the original of that photo and got it printed on the side of a hot air balloon.

I think a photo of that was in the paper. There's a picture of him reading that article in Four Four Two magazine. I think he asked for the original photo.

Wait. I read your reply then and assumed you were taking the piss. Is that actually real or am I being gullible and falling for a joke?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, charliemiller said:

Lavia , orsic , cal car , bella kothchup all training on there own

Jones told people Lavia is not 100% fit yet. With BK coming back from “fake” injury, & Orsic looks pretty off the pace so it could be a fitness think. I’f not it’s funny behaviour for SR’s “yes man” freeze out their top signings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Wait. I read your reply then and assumed you were taking the piss. Is that actually real or am I being gullible and falling for a joke?

Sorry.

I was going to keep going (the hot air balloon was on a advertising poster for a balloon show that he then had a picture of him stood in front of and so on) but i didn't want to get stupid with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Sorry.

I was going to keep going (the hot air balloon was on a advertising poster for a balloon show that he then had a picture of him stood in front of and so on) but i didn't want to get stupid with it.

The fact I considered the possibility you were being serious speaks for itself. 

• Haha 2

"Regrets, I have a few.
But then again I'm still the bestest.
I knew what I had to do,
But compromised my good intentions.
50 percent of matches won,
Although my maths is fairly shaky.
I favoured Ely and Lyanco,
I did it my way.

Yes there were times they did not have a clue,
When they told me " Play 4 4 fucking 2".
But I played ' hoof', long crossfield punts,
Though the whole squad were just lazy cunts.
They had no fight, no "passion" at all.
Had no idea how to play 'Nathan Ball'.
I was the best in all the leagues,
I did it my way."

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

That's a really well written considered piece.  Exposure as a passive aggressive fraud.  The longer he stays at Saints the worse the deserved ridicule will be - football fans have long memories, particularly when dealing with shit-houses.

35 minutes ago, Boris Karloff said:

It's very unusual for top managers to be so obsessed with their past glories. The best managers are always focused on the here and now and the future. 

You didn't see Pep on Sunday after the Spurs loss say "yeah but I was great at Barcelona". 

I think I am like most Saints fans in that I'm sick and tired of him bleating on about Luton. I don't care. I only care about what he does at Saints. If I hear him go on about bloody Luton one more time.... 

The weirdest thing of all is that it was just an away match at Elland Road, he hadn't won anything or achieved anything.  Can you imagine the mind set that type of direction requires, borderline personality disorder.

Good luck to all those going to the fans forum tonight. Please get our message across. Very small window now for saving the club before sliding further down the leagues. And it really revolves around two men.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

The weirdest thing of all is that it was just an away match at Elland Road, he hadn't won anything or achieved anything.  Can you imagine the mind set that type of direction requires, borderline personality disorder.

But who was the manager? One if the greats and lauded by no end of top managers.

37 minutes ago, derry said:

Everybody but KWP and the two long term fitness players are in the gallery photos

Is it just me or are the club winding us up with that gallery? They leave Jones to the last picture, seems an odd move given the speculation and social media shouts for him to go.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!