Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Nope, he's still here, took training. He's being given a stay of execution.

That's the summary of it all really.

Incredible isn't it. No doubt the fans forum is probably viewed as a means of taking the heat for the situation, and hope what is normally a placid fanbase gets on with it

• Like 1

I think at the board meeting this morning,  they have decided to 'price in' relegation. Once they made that not un-reasonable decision then the advantage of sacking Jones now becomes less urgent, they can take their time and find the right fit (again) meanwhile maybe, in their minds,  Jones can turn it around. 

• Like 2

If Jones thinks Elyonoussie and Diallo is the answer to any position he is an idiot and even more of an idiot to pick Adams and Armstrong to solve the scoring problem. He could have improved the team last Saturday by leaving the four at home. Bazunu, KWP, ABK, Salisu, Perrault, JWP, Lavia, Alcaraz, Orsic, Onuachu, Sulemana. looks a reasonably balanced team. He needs to eat humble pie, get the players onside and work out who his best players are, DCC etc need to be onside and Leave the failures out completely. Better stll get rid of him.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I just genuinely don't see how he can take the the game next week with everything that surrounds it...presser, fan reaction, after match interviews etc if it inevitably goes wrong. Know way back from that.

Ankerson must think it will be even sweeter and he will look even more of a genius once Jones turns it around and proves everyone wrong. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Nope, he's still here, took training. He's being given a stay of execution.

That's the summary of it all really.

I don't think I have spent a day feeling more depressed about Saints than today - and that includes the relegations in 2005 and 2008. It absolutely beggars belief that this man is being allowed to continue as the steward of our great football club. Utter, utter insanity. There is not a shred of doubt in any Saints supporter's mind - or indeed in the mind of anybody who likes football - that he is incapable of turning this around. The man is a fraud and a failure of epic proportions, and he needs getting rid of for all our sakes.

Edited by InvictaSaint
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Surely someone knows a player or two and can say what's going on? I can't believe they're doing the fans forum. 

IIRC there was a smug facial exchange between Semmens and Ralph at the last one, when they were asked about dressing room dissent being leaked to the media. I think Semmens' verbal response was something like "we're addressing that", and two players ended up being marginalized and eventually moved out. Please correct me if I've got that wrong.

Not that this situation is the same (we're far from a window and we've just spent a shit-ton on players), but the dissent is clearly there, it's not just two players, the marginalizing seems to be happening, we're now in a much worse league position, and one half of the smug facial exchange is still in the room. There's little cause for optimism in that scenario.

10 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

IIRC there was a smug facial exchange between Semmens and Ralph at the last one, when they were asked about dressing room dissent being leaked to the media. I think Semmens' verbal response was something like "we're addressing that", and two players ended up being marginalized and eventually moved out. Please correct me if I've got that wrong.

Not that this situation is the same (we're far from a window and we've just spent a shit-ton on players), but the dissent is clearly there, it's not just two players, the marginalizing seems to be happening, we're now in a much worse league position, and one half of the smug facial exchange is still in the room. There's little cause for optimism in that scenario.

I believe Janny B was one of them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

Saturday's game really will be the "Last Chance Saloon" for Nathan Jones. 

Wolves are above us in the table - having scored even less goals than we have - and unless we see a paradigm shift in the team performance and three 

points to go with it, the " R word " will be on everyone's lips until the final game, and without " a convincing win ", it may well be Jones' last game anyway....

Just cannot see the point of prolonging the agony. Even the term 'stay of execution', even if it is TalkSport's, not the club, just shows what it is: staving off the inevitable. This is never motivational, for anyone concerned. The ludicrousness of SR's stance is laughable if it wasn't so tragic. Ankersen should be utterly ashamed of this.

1 hour ago, once_bitterne said:

Knowing Ankersen's fuzzy logic he's probably agreed to bring this ex-skate relic here to help Nat out.  Can you imagine. 

39 minutes ago, Granite_City_Saint said:

Anyone gambling on anything has money to burn. It is a mug’s game moving money from the financially illiterate to big corporations who give provide no value to society.

Absolute bollocks

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DT said:

Fans Forum will doubtless discuss the quality of pies or something on sale in the ground.

Ripples of polite applause when Tim Nice But Dim sets out our 'unique philosophy' in English football, and why we're such an attractive proposition to younger players (no one mention JJ Morgan at that stage though...).... Followed by Rasmus, with an interactive display on 'fine margins' and why we could be challenging for Champions League in two years time... *

*if we're back in the top flight by then 

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Ripples of polite applause when Tim Nice But Dim sets out our 'unique philosophy' in English football, and why we're such an attractive proposition to younger players (no one mention JJ Morgan at that stage though...).... Followed by Rasmus, with an interactive display on 'fine margins' and why we could be challenging for Champions League in two years time... *

Followed by a Q/A on XG and the virtues of stats

Today is day of utter disappointment, keep refreshing southamptonfc.com .....Hoping to see a club statement .....Let down on every refresh..... As season ticket holder paying a premium in Kingsland middle it's another kick in the proverbial nuts price hike for my ticket for piece of plastic and then sacked a decent manager, who I accept had lost his way a little for complete Ali Dia of managers, no PL experience, loathed by more fans than support, and each day the situation gets worse.

Leeds taking decisive action, with MARSCH winning 30% win rate, our manager taken 3 points in 21 is 14% and we continue to stand by NJ.

Everton = Dyche early early days but has had immediate inspiration

Wolves = JL took bit more time but now seeking their rewards

Forest= Decided to stick by Cooper now working out, they look safe.

Southampton = Supposedly had a long term plan to recruit err, one of the best managers in Europe quote NJ.... What a complete utter joke.

Hope by bed time we all have the best new to celebrate club statement. Otherwise the stands will slowly get more empty as each result ebbs and flows closer to the Championship.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

Copies of Ankersen's books and cd's will be available in the foyer

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler said:

Don’t  think the club has read the room very well 😂 think the replies speak for themselves. 

Seems to be a bit of a social media campaign, as those Jones Out pics are all over the tweets about the women's team as well. Not sure why people waste their time on that, it'll make no difference. 

They know how the fans feel, they're just stubborn and believe in their own hype of wanting to be different to everyone else.

• Like 1

I think we should have a whip round and get Bananarama to reform and play 'Nathan Jones you've been here too long' as the special half time entertainment, with all four stands joining in, throwing frazzles and Camembert onto the pitch. What LOLS

As it childish at it might seem, fans tomorrow should keep asking the same questions. Why is he still here? Why was he here in the first place? If you’re making a list of pros and cons please let us know what you’re putting in the pros column? Etc etc

Don’t bother with - when are we getting new screens?

• Like 8

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!