Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, DT said:

Jones: “Now I will live and die by my philosophy. The same things have been happening for a year, not scoring enough goals and not defending the box good enough.” #saintsfc @AlfieHouseEcho

oh great

I wonder whose job it could possibly be to stop the same things happening that have been happening for a year?

For one moment you thought he was accepting responsibility there, a tiny bit of humility. But no, very quickly he turned that into ''I got it wrong because I listened to others and ignored what I thought was right'.

The bloke is so far out of his depth it's incredible. We've had some pretty shocking managers in my supporting life, but this guy is at the top of the list for me. Not just incompetent as a manager but one of the most unlikable people we've ever had.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DT said:

Jones: “Now I will live and die by my philosophy. The same things have been happening for a year, not scoring enough goals and not defending the box good enough.” #saintsfc @AlfieHouseEcho

oh great

Wow I’m so excited for the future now.

Cant wait to see what his own cunning plan is going to be?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

And the cherry on top of our situation is the manager I wanted in to organise our defence, Dyche,  has been taken by our immediate rivals and has already got a win on the board. Against Arsenal. So sacking Jones now is even too late for that to happen.

God knows who we bring in but I'd take anyone now. Caretaker until the season ends. I wonder what that Jesus Christ is up to these days, we could use a miracle.

Same. So called experts didn’t want us bringing in Dyche because he was a “hoofball merchant”, ignoring what he achieved at Burnley on a smaller budget than us, and today we’ve had to witness a relegation rival get a win in his first game against the league leaders whilst we carry on with this little welsh tosser. I hate him more than Branfoot, at least we won games under him.

I’m not even upset about our current run, I’m just angry, angry that this whole situation was completely avoidable but a bunch of clowns with no emotional connection to our club found it acceptable to gamble our survival on a manager so clearly out of his depth, when other proven alternatives were available.

Rasmus and the other cunts probably go to bed feeling like it’s just a bad day at work to them, but it’s so much more than that to us, and with the emotional roller coaster of relegation and battling to get promoted on the horizon for the next couple of years this is only going to get more painful.

• Like 5

Jones: “You go home and look at yourself in the mirror. Am I being the best version of myself? No I'm not. But that's going to change. It's got to change.” #saintsfc @J_Tanswell

christ. Cliche twat too

• Like 1

Just now, DT said:

Jones: “You go home and look at yourself in the mirror. Am I being the best version of myself? No I'm not. But that's going to change. It's got to change.” #saintsfc @J_Tanswell

christ. Cliche twat too

Why fucking not?

He's paid a fortune to be the best version of himself and even then he can't be arsed.

CUNT.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DT said:

christ. Cliche twat too

Visions of him driving down the m3 with Michael Jackson’s man in the mirror blasting out on repeat…rather he go with beat it myself

Edited by em00jie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why fucking not?

He's paid a fortune to be the best version of himself and even then he can't be arsed.

CUNT.

People told him the mirror was the right thing and he went with it. What do they know? A plank of wood works much better. It did when I was successful etc etc

4 minutes ago, maysie said:

I genuinely cannot ever remember a manager trying to shift the blame for his ineptitude onto people he listened to (eg players, fans). The very act listening to others when he supposedly knew he shouldn't have done is an act of weakness. He's like some naive young goon on The Apprentice scrambling around for excuses as Lord Sugar grills him in the Boardroom. Please please please someone complete the analogy by saying "You're Fired"

• Like 5

Just now, stknowle said:

I genuinely cannot ever remember a manager trying to shift the blame for his ineptitude onto people he listened to (eg players, fans). The very act listening to others when he supposedly knew he shouldn't have done is an act of weakness. He's like some naive young goon on The Apprentice scrambling around for excuses as Lord Sugar grills him in the Boardroom. Please please please someone complete the analogy by saying "You're Fired"

Absolutley that, as I said last week the bloke is portraying all the hallmarks of someone who is simply out of his depth. On top of that, he seems to be entirely unhinged.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I think most people didn't want you believe what you were saying about him at the time and hoped it was just excessive hyperbole, hence the pushback you got.

However, I sincerely believe you are owed a humble apology by a good many posters because everything you said has been vindicated.

I guess more people would have been inclined to listen to Sidney if his posting history hadn't been so... how shall we put it....'eccentric'... ;)

A bit like taking Bobby Davro seriously if he was to predict a stock market crash .. :)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

Jones: “I’ve compromised too much. I’ve listened to people. ‘Can’t play a three, can’t do that.’ I was brought in to be a really aggressive front-footed coach, & I haven’t because I’ve compromised on my principles.” #saintsfc @solentsport

this is a breakdown, live on air. Put him out of his misery

20 minutes ago, DT said:

Jones: "I've listened to people and it's been to my detriment - I've compromised too much. What you've seen today, that's not the way my teams play." #saintsfc @paulbelvers

what a pathetic little man. Get rid. 

That is by far the most pathetic passing of the buck I have ever heard. Basically he's now saying he listened to others and compromised so that performance is down to those he listened to. None of it is on him and his teams don't play that way. How much is he being paid by our great club to come out with this inane nonsense? 

• Like 1

Hello. Is that the police? I’d like to report a car crash

Jones: “To be honest with you, I’ve listened to people and it’s been to my detriment. That’s not my team out there. I was statistically one of the best in Europe for doing all the good things in football. I was. I was.” #saintsfc @solentsport

• Haha 1

Jones: “We’re not massively further ahead than when I first came in and that’s to my own detriment. That’s because I’ve compromised on certain things, which won’t happen anymore.” #saintsfc @solentsport

it’s over. Surely?

25 minutes ago, DT said:

Jones: "I've listened to people and it's been to my detriment - I've compromised too much. What you've seen today, that's not the way my teams play." #saintsfc @paulbelvers

Translation: "I'm too weak a manager to stick to my guns"

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!