Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Jones: “We’re not massively further ahead than when I first came in and that’s to my own detriment. That’s because I’ve compromised on certain things, which won’t happen anymore.” #saintsfc @solentsport

it’s over. Surely?

I sincerely fucking hope so.

Jones: “There’s certain things we’ve done and we’ve done well. It’s a big job, we need wins, points. We’re not a team that, normally, I am associated with.” #saintsfc @solentsport

what does that even mean?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

Jones: “There’s certain things we’ve done and we’ve done well. It’s a big job, we need wins, points. We’re not a team that, normally, I am associated with.” #saintsfc @solentsport

Not in a million years should he be associated with a premier league team, so he's correct

• Like 2

Just now, Grim Reaper said:

And last !

By the way he's going, this will be his last ever managers job.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at his Family's house (was it his mother in law's family who are saints fans?). Surely they're going to be telling him some home truths.

• Like 1

He has thrown everyone under the bus. If he thinks he will get any respect going forward he’s even more of an egotist than he sounds. Sincerely hope SR feel it is now untenable and get ride tonight. Maybe he wants the compo now. 

• Like 1

Jones: "Really poor. At spells in the first half we weren’t aggressive, didn’t play quick enough and didn’t play with any tempo, and when we did we looked the better side, but defending our box we have to be better." #saintsfc

pick the right players then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

Jones: "Really poor. At spells in the first half we weren’t aggressive, didn’t play quick enough and didn’t play with any tempo, and when we did we looked the better side, but defending our box we have to be better." #saintsfc

pick the right players then?

Delusional.... We didn't look the better side at any point today 

• Like 2

Jones: "The same things that have been happening for a year are still happening because, for a year, they've (#SaintsFC) been losing games in the Premier League, conceding goals, not defending the box well enough, not scoring enough goals and that has been exactly the same.

‘They’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

Jones: "The same things that have been happening for a year are still happening because, for a year, they've (#SaintsFC) been losing games in the Premier League, conceding goals, not defending the box well enough, not scoring enough goals and that has been exactly the same.

‘They’

It's so weird how he continually talks about the team before he got here and about his time at Luton. 

• Like 3

Do football managers have a probation  period like in most normal jobs? Hopefully this clown did so we can bin him off without spending a fortune.

Theres no way back from this, I can’t ever recall it working out for a manager after a start this bad. Really wish Dragan would get involved, it’s his investment after all .

• Like 4

Asked Jones what he meant by "I've gone away from what has been successful in the past" :

"At Luton we were a real aggressive, front-footed side, statistically, there weren't any better than me around Europe for aggression, clean sheets, defending in your box & xG."

Starting to think they interviewed a parody of Jones

Just now, DT said:

Asked Jones what he meant by "I've gone away from what has been successful in the past" :

"At Luton we were a real aggressive, front-footed side, statistically, there weren't any better than me around Europe for aggression, clean sheets, defending in your box & xG."

Starting to think they interviewed a parody of Jones

I mean he does realise that was a different league, right? Right?

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Honestly don’t see the point in trying to bring someone else in at this point. Let it run to the end of the season and re-evaluate then. 

Point is staying up. Hurtling down at present. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

He’s dead man walking. This interview is the beginning of the end.

It needs to be the end. He has to go now. It's probably too late anyway but with him in charge we are guaranteed to go down. Never ever been so sure of anything in my life, football related or otherwise.

Just now, Baird of the land said:

No team has ever stayed up via 3 appointments. Just wasting more money, when there will be better managerial options to come in afresh in the summer when they aren’t being asked to come into relegation fight.

But we will disappear.  Need to do it now. 

• Like 1

“I’ve compromised in certain principles because of personnel and the way people want to play and so on, and I’ve compromised because of fans and so on – it’s a few little things,” he said.

“But no more, I’ve been very successful playing a really fluent style and tried to implement that at Stoke but couldn’t because of certain things. I came back to Luton and was successful playing an aggressive, front-footed side.

"Statistically, there weren’t many better in Europe in terms of clean sheets, defending your box, balls in the box, XG and all those things. Pound for pound we were the best because we were spending next to nothing and getting results,” Jones added.

“I’ve gone away from that, maybe because it’s the Premier League, maybe because of certain players and internationals, I’ve had to compromise on certain things but no more.”

Asked if he has listened to outside noise, Jones responded: “No, not at all. We’ve thought what have we got, because at the end of the day there are certain players in the building we have to work with.

“Now we’ve got a little bit more aggression and firepower and so on. We will be able to step that up. There are a few little things but I haven’t listened to outside noise, now I will live and die by my own philosophy.

“I was recruited to transfer certain things into this football club and I haven’t at the minute, but I will.”

Asked by the Daily Echo what he meant when listing supporters as a reason for compromising, Jones answered: “Not just because of fans, I’ve compromised because of certain things. The chants have come after my decisions so it’s nothing to do with fans.

“Certain things like fans and outside noise have come in afterwards. I’ve gone away from what brought me to this football club and that’s the disappointing thing.

“One reason has been players and secondly it has probably been you’re in the Premier League and you want to be fluent.

“You want to make sure that players are in a system which suits them to get the best out of them, now we have a little bit more of what we need to do to be us.”

Southampton's Jones admits 'compromising' methods in revealing chat | Daily Echo

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Weston Saint said:

“I’ve compromised in certain principles because of personnel and the way people want to play and so on, and I’ve compromised because of fans and so on – it’s a few little things,” he said.

“But no more, I’ve been very successful playing a really fluent style and tried to implement that at Stoke but couldn’t because of certain things. I came back to Luton and was successful playing an aggressive, front-footed side.

"Statistically, there weren’t many better in Europe in terms of clean sheets, defending your box, balls in the box, XG and all those things. Pound for pound we were the best because we were spending next to nothing and getting results,” Jones added.

“I’ve gone away from that, maybe because it’s the Premier League, maybe because of certain players and internationals, I’ve had to compromise on certain things but no more.”

Asked if he has listened to outside noise, Jones responded: “No, not at all. We’ve thought what have we got, because at the end of the day there are certain players in the building we have to work with.

“Now we’ve got a little bit more aggression and firepower and so on. We will be able to step that up. There are a few little things but I haven’t listened to outside noise, now I will live and die by my own philosophy.

“I was recruited to transfer certain things into this football club and I haven’t at the minute, but I will.”

Asked by the Daily Echo what he meant when listing supporters as a reason for compromising, Jones answered: “Not just because of fans, I’ve compromised because of certain things. The chants have come after my decisions so it’s nothing to do with fans.

“Certain things like fans and outside noise have come in afterwards. I’ve gone away from what brought me to this football club and that’s the disappointing thing.

“One reason has been players and secondly it has probably been you’re in the Premier League and you want to be fluent.

“You want to make sure that players are in a system which suits them to get the best out of them, now we have a little bit more of what we need to do to be us.”

Southampton's Jones admits 'compromising' methods in revealing chat | Daily Echo

Difficult to decipher his words but sounds to me like the players didn't want to play 5 at the back hoof ball either. 

• Like 3

Right, hear me out on this one. 

I don’t think Jones is the right man for us and is a deadman waking. I also don’t agree with the way he handles criticism etc. 

However, I said a week or 2 ago, he’s a dead man walking, so he may as well had do it his way. Fuck the fans, fuck the players. Go out on your sword. 

if he’s being influenced by anyone to play a way in what he doesn’t agree with, then than needs to stop and fair play to him if he tells them to fuck off. 

Some of these players need a rocket up the arse and I honestly believe there is a real poisonous attitude in this camp. 

Let’s see how it goes against wolves. Expecting another car crash, but let’s see. 

1 minute ago, Dman said:

if he’s being influenced by anyone to play a way in what he doesn’t agree with, then than needs to stop and fair play to him if he tells them to fuck off. 

Some of these players need a rocket up the arse and I honestly believe there is a real poisonous attitude in this camp. 

I get where you're coming from but, unless it's a small minority of the players who are rocking the boat, how does telling the players to "fuck off" result in a harmonious squad?

17 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Do football managers have a probation  period like in most normal jobs? Hopefully this clown did so we can bin him off without spending a fortune.

Theres no way back from this, I can’t ever recall it working out for a manager after a start this bad. Really wish Dragan would get involved, it’s his investment after all .

Not sure about probation period but I'm certainly not buying the 'Sacked Manager = pay him up for the remainder of his contract as if he had worked it all' bollox that seems to be generally accepted as being the case.

• Like 2

Anyone else happier this evening after accepting relegation? It's the hope that kills you and this is the first result where I no longer have any so I can just watch as an interested observer at the car crash for the rest of the season and hope that we bin Jones and start preparing for next year ASAP. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Anyone else happier this evening after accepting relegation? It's the hope that kills you and this is the first result where I no longer have any so I can just watch as an interested observer at the car crash for the rest of the season and hope that we bin Jones and start preparing for next year ASAP. 

I'm in exactly the same mindset. It's quite cathartic I agree.

• Like 1

Fat Sam definitely isnt the answer, he wouldnt be able to keep this team up. There also doesnt appear to be many other top managers who would want to come to us right now. And Selles until the end of the season is not the answer either.

Like I've said before I would be surprised to see us change the manager again this season. But that interview doesnt help Jones' case at all

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!