Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

Just now, Valesaint said:

The only positive about Jones is that he came cheap. He is not up to the job, hands up and go. Please!

Not that cheap! Cost £5m to hire him & staff, plus wages and payoff if he gets sacked. 

Bad enough we’ve already spent the summers transfer budget, let alone having to pay a load more money out for another change of manager. 

If we sack him and hire someone else, I can’t see it being a manager currently in work! 

• Sad 1

The only way I can see saints improving in anyway under a managers helm is with this joke gone. Nathan Jones is not competent enough to be a Premier League manager. His tactics, way he has built a bond with the fans.. just everything has built a tenure of negativity. I have never disliked a manager quite like this..

Our board need to do the honourable thing and sack him. Replacement wise I actually think anything would be an improvement. Although I feel we’ve wasted far too much time already, and we are almost definitely going down, we need to start changing things as soon as possible. We still have a slight chance if we act quickly.

If a tree has rot, you cut it down and plant a new one.. otherwise it spreads and takes everything down with it. Basic stuff. 

Fuck off Nathan you arrogant prick. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Not that cheap! Cost £5m to hire him & staff, plus wages and payoff if he gets sacked. 

Bad enough we’ve already spent the summers transfer budget, let alone having to pay a load more money out for another change of manager. 

If we sack him and hire someone else, I can’t see it being a manager currently in work! 

What an absolute shambles 

6 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Such a strange decision from SR to spend over £40m on deadline day for them to be managed by someone so inept. Did they really think we'd see a dramatic change in fortune by spending money on two players? Rasmus needs to admit he's made an absolute fuck up appointing Jones and I can't see that happening unless Dragan sanctions it. Dyche was available as well.. What an absolute mess of a club we've become. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SaintJakko said:

Our board need to do the honourable thing and sack him. Replacement wise I actually think anything would be an improvement. Although I feel we’ve wasted far too much time already, and we are almost definitely going down, we need to start changing things as soon as possible. We still have a slight chance if we act quickly.

Steady, this feels kind of like how we got here in the first place...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I’m sure many laughed and baulked at the idea of Sean Dyche as our replacement for Ralph.

At least he’d have restored some fight in our group of players, we’re sinking without any trace with Jones, there’s just no way we’re out of the bottom three for the rest of this season, that’s us done.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GDog07 said:

I’m sure many laughed and baulked at the idea of Sean Dyche as our replacement for Ralph.

At least he’d have restored some fight in our group of players, we’re sinking without any trace with Jones, there’s just no way we’re out of the bottom three for the rest of this season, that’s us done.

I wouldn’t. I like Dyche. He might not be fashionable but he’s a decent guy and talks a lot of sense. His two podcasts he did with Jake Humphrey are very good 

• Like 4

Next Premier League manager to get sacked (via Sky Bet)

• Gary O'Neil - 9/4
  • David Moyes - 11/4
  • Jurgen Klopp - 9/2
  • Jesse Marsch - 6/1
  • Antonio Conte - 10/1
  • Brendan Rodgers - 10/1
  • Graham Potter - 10/1
  • 20/1 bar

Odds correct at 1945 GMT (04/02/23)

The Clueless Welsh Muppet not even making the top 7.

WTF?

2 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Next Premier League manager to get sacked (via Sky Bet)

• Gary O'Neil - 9/4
  • David Moyes - 11/4
  • Jurgen Klopp - 9/2
  • Jesse Marsch - 6/1
  • Antonio Conte - 10/1
  • Brendan Rodgers - 10/1
  • Graham Potter - 10/1
  • 20/1 bar

Odds correct at 1945 GMT (04/02/23)

The Clueless Welsh Muppet not even making the top 7.

WTF?

Fourth favourite on Betfair at 15/2

35 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

His arrogance is absolutely on the scale of unprofessional. He publicly treats his players like cr*p and the football he has served only highlights his deep set vanity and narcissism.

Get rid of this liability.

Eh? He said today were crap because he’s taken too much notice of other people. If he did it his way then things would be different 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Eh? He said today were crap because he’s taken too much notice of other people. If he did it his way then things would be different 

Yet he still stubbornly started the game with five at the back. A formation that just doesn't work but does fit with his preference..

We start badly, then he adapts and we look better. 

Mind you, in his interview he was all over the place. 

Edited by Colinjb

14 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

At what point do Sport Republic think "enough is enough"? 

1 win in 7 so far. 

Do they give him until 1 win in 10? 

Do they think "we'll stick by him even if we finish bottom with 20 points" 

When does this shitshow end? 

It ends when SR turn up on a Saturday and find the ground is empty. Staying away is the only way they'll get the message.

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Five at the back can’t be his doing, That must be those he’s listening too

The same formation that was forced upon Ralph in pre season and promptly dumped as soon as possible. 

Somebody within the club is pushing this formation and they need to fuck off. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Steady, this feels kind of like how we got here in the first place...

Haha exactly, that must have been the philosophy the board were going by to employ him. But seriously my opinion on Nathan Jones’ competency is that low, that anything is an improvement on him (not that we should do that by any means, looking at you Sport Republic) 

23 minutes ago, DT said:

Benitez is rumoured to be replacing Moyes. Moyes for us, anyone? Could we lure Thomas Frank possibly (long shot). Benitez?

Would take Benitez, Moyes or Frank in a heartbeat.

Saying that, others on my list of 'People I'd be Happy To Replace Nathan With' are Postman Pat, Baldrick, Harold Shipman and the Predator, so it's not exactly an exclusive club tbh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

20 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

Saying that, others on my list of 'People I'd be Happy To Replace Nathan With' are Postman Pat, Baldrick, Harold Shipman and the Predator, so it's not exactly an exclusive club tbh.

Can’t see any of them wanting it. Benitez won’t want another relegation on his CV plus he likes control of transfers which he wont get with genius Ankersen in charge. if Moyes is sacked he’ll probably want a break for a bit and no way would Frank leave Brentford for us, that’s just laughable even to suggest it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Can’t see any of them wanting it. Benitez won’t want another relegation on his CV plus he likes control of transfers which he wont get with genius Ankersen in charge. if Moyes is sacked he’ll probably want a break for a bit and no way would Frank leave Brentford for us, that’s just laughable even to suggest it.

I’m so desperate now I’ll suggest someone like Frank only because of his prior connections. But you’re right. He wouldn’t come. We were linked with Moyes about 100 years ago when he was at Preston I think. He would bring tactical nous and discipline. But yeah. Unlikely. Fat Sam until end of season?

24 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

I’d take Postman Pat if he could deliver success.

Sadly we are probably now shopping in the “Dean Smith/Chris Wilder” managerial bracket.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DT said:

I’m so desperate now I’ll suggest someone like Frank only because of his prior connections. But you’re right. He wouldn’t come. We were linked with Moyes about 100 years ago when he was at Preston I think. He would bring tactical nous and discipline. But yeah. Unlikely. Fat Sam until end of season?

I’d prefer fireman Sam over this joker

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westmidlandsaint said:

At this rate I can see us losing to Luton in the FA Cup and Jones taking the credit for it, it really wouldn't surprise me the guy is bonkers!!

I agree he’ll probably say something about look at what it could be like if people did things my way. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Frank was supposedly someone we were interested in before we pulled the trigger on Ralph, and yet weirdly never followed up the interest. There was supposedly a not-unreasonable release clause in his contract at the time. He has since signed a new contract with no such clause.

I know Everton have been even more of a basket case than us in recent times, but his recent stint there - and the fact he's not even been linked with other jobs since - would suggest to me his methods are perhaps not quite up to the modern game anymore (which happens, almost every manager has a shelf life), and realistically he'd have got a good payoff from Everton and perhaps he's quite happy not being involved in it all anymore.

3 hours ago, Osvaldorama said:

We earned our way into this league. It took years. It took money from Liebherr, Cortese’s cunning and then a team spirit which took us into Europe.

We have had some amazing footballers and managers at the club. We were nearly extinct but we rose like a Phoenix. And what a journey it was.

But now it’s all been pissed away by Rupert Lowe mk2 who thinks he has reinvented football. And some welsh prick who thinks he’s Jose Mourinho.

It’s actually disgusting. I regret calling for Ralph to go. I thought we would appoint someone of premier league quality to light a spark at the club. But I would so much rather Ralph (who was a decent bloke) be here and go down and rebuild than these ****ing charlatans

Here we go again, reinventing Ralph. As pish as Jones has been, Ralph's last year was equally as shambolic. Do we need to break out the 90 out of 92 teams stat again. If Jones keeps up his 1 win in 7 record, he'll prob still better Ralph's last year in charge.

We need to find somebody better than the both of them

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Here we go again, reinventing Ralph. As pish as Jones has been, Ralph's last year was equally as shambolic. Do we need to break out the 90 out of 92 teams stat again. If Jones keeps up his 1 win in 7 record, he'll prob still better Ralph's last year in charge.

We need to find somebody better than the both of them

The 90 out of 92 stat is pointless, we were the shittest team in the Prem over the year because once Broja downed tools we didn’t have a goalscorer at the club. Comparing our record to league 2 clubs is meaningless.

58 minutes ago, DT said:

Just no

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!