Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Board are furious with his post match comments following gutless performance. He had been warned before but think he’s gone too far this time.

With these comments he's basically given himself a get out, so he can get sacked here and continue to proclaim it was never his fault as he didn't follow his principles because the 'players and fans' told him not to.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Hey nathans father in law good of you to post.

If you could pass on to nathan to not play 2 of our better centre backs the day before the game, stop picking diallo who cant pass wind and defends like a chocolate fireguard,,ask him to look up the word accountability and have a discussion internally how having possession helps you control games, having little possession makes you reactive and you lose the initiative in games.

Thanks

Saintsweb

There's actually some good stuff in this post. We have a squad that was recruited for a very reactive manager whose whole style was how we defended without the ball. It's led to a squad that is A) neglected in terms of quality on the ball and means we run out of ideas against teams who don't expose themselves on transitions and B) a squad that is set up to defend zonally and is really incapable of doing solid man on man defending. It's why we always seem to do okay against teams like City, because they play patterns and into your traps. When we come up against anyone who challenges us physically we crumble. 

Think the squad needs to take accountability, not just the manager, we've been utter shit for 18 months now and I think some people need to realise that just posting "pick this player in that position, it's so fucking obvious" isn't quite the magic advice they think it is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

With these comments he's basically given himself a get out, so he can get sacked here and continue to proclaim it was never his fault as he didn't follow his principles because the 'players and fans' told him not to.

Exactly. Sure he’ll welcome the payoff too. I think he knows he’s not capable either. 

• Like 2

Just now, S-Clarke said:

At least the compensation won’t be huge, you’d think 

Board are furious with his post match comments following gutless performance. He had been warned before but think he’s gone too far this time.

I think his time is up, sadly, as I wanted it to work. Kindness would be to put him on gardening leave, and put someone else in charge who will unite the fan base. Nigel Adkins anyone?

Well they appointed him and he had history at Stoke that should have rung alarm bells. Clearly they failed to due proper due diligence and are as much to blame for the current car crash as Jones is.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

How can he say he’s been compromised by listening to too many people then say he’s taken no notice of outside sources?

isn’t that a complete contradiction?

He does this in almost every interview, sometimes within the same sentence

Trying to understand what he's on about is almost as hard as trying to understand what the players are meant to be doing on the pitch

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Suhari said:

I can't recall a manager so universally hated by the fans after such a short amount of time.

I wouldn't say I hate him, Saints board persued him and made him a good offer to leave Luton to join us, not all the blame is with him 

• Like 1

Just now, team-saint said:

Trying to understand what he's on about is almost as hard as trying to understand what the players are meant to be doing on the pitch

Can you imagine his team talks?

27 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

So how did the magical 4 at the back go today? Is the system still the issue or is there some other magical yet so simple thing he's not doing? 

Interview was funny by the way. Wish he'd be a little more honest though and really call out the shit defenders and the toxic fanbase. 

Hi chapel end/always.

how are you? Been a while 

@Dman

2 minutes ago, coalman said:

Please please please please please please please

I would also be ok with Bielsa or Benitez

I wouldn’t, the summer maybe but I think now is the time for someone to try and give the fans a lift, someone like adkins with a decent coach with him. We may not stay up but it’s would be better than what we have now.

4 minutes ago, team-saint said:

You would think that being a good communicator would be one of the things they'd assess during the hiring process.

The Chewbacca Defense only works in a court of law.

Edited by coalman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, saintant said:

Well they appointed him and he had history at Stoke that should have rung alarm bells. Clearly they failed to due proper due diligence and are as much to blame for the current car crash as Jones is.

They said they like the fact he had failed before 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, trousers said:

I guess more people would have been inclined to listen to Sidney if his posing history hadn't been so... how shall we put it....'eccentric'... ;)

A bit like taking Bobby Davro seriously if he was to predict a stock market crash .. :)

I mean, he did win Celebrity Mastermind tonight, so it's not that far fetched! 😉

“The team I had before took 2-3 years to build and you’ll see that team in a months time”

You know that story of when Paul Sturrock went back to Plymouth with Saints for a pre season friendly and he lapped up the adulation while leaving the players in the tunnel on a hot day and they pretty much stuck two fingers at him and threw it? It’s gonna be like that again vs Luton in the cup (unless of course Grimsby beat them).

Same with Redknapp vs Pompey, history repeating itself and we’re not getting out of this.

Just now, madge said:

I wouldn’t, the summer maybe but I think now is the time for someone to try and give the fans a lift, someone like adkins with a decent coach with him. We may not stay up but it’s would be better than what we have now.

I think the suggestions for Adkins are largely based on nostalgia. Let's remember the joy he bought and his achievements rather than invite him into this maelstrom because he wouldn't get results and it would tarnish his legacy. 

• Like 9

interesting comment on a Luton forum:

I have said all season that something was up and he had begun to take the club for granted.

Since he left we have moved on but clearly he hasn’t.

Rather than use our name in every other line of interviews, focus on your own team and not trying to protect your precious ego.

Saints fans are shocked at what he has said today and I can’t see him lasting the week.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, saintant said:

I think the suggestions for Adkins are largely based on nostalgia. Let's remember the joy he bought and his achievements rather than invite him into this maelstrom because he wouldn't get results and it would tarnish his legacy. 

I wouldn’t want Adkins back whatsoever. Nothing against him but, seriously, no, yesterday’s man and proven not to be a top level manager at all. However if given the it’s Adkins or Jones choice I’d have him back. It’s THAT bad.

• Like 1

Just now, stknowle said:

I wouldn’t want Adkins back whatsoever. Nothing against him but, seriously, no, yesterday’s man and proven not to be a top level manager at all. However if given the it’s Adkins or Jones choice I’d have him back. It’s THAT bad.

It is so bad I would take Hasn't a clue back right now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

They said they like the fact he had failed before 🤣🤣🤣

So bizare! imagine going to an interview and the employer saying I really like the fact. you were sacked. from your last job I can see the huge potential 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr X said:

So bizare! imagine going to an interview and the employer saying I really like the fact. you were sacked. from your last job I can see the huge potential 

failure is useful if you learn lessons from it. Unfortunately, as you can see from his presser today, NJ is not humble enough to look inwards and do the hard work that is required to learn from failures

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

If this is true then the board have to act if they've warned him before about his comments otherwise they will look impotent (like our attack).

Its impressive that the board have actually managed to make the club and team more toxic since sacking ralph

12 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Klopp has also been talking shit, the pressure is getting to the managers.

This is perhaps more mental than NJ 😂

The 3rd goal I dont count as it was the first time they passed the half way line in the 2nd half, the mental gymnastics you have to do to rationalise this.

200.gif

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

If this is true then the board have to act if they've warned him before about his comments otherwise they will look impotent (like our attack).

Its impressive that the board have actually managed to make the club and team more toxic since sacking ralph

I think the problem is that the board has listened to too many people to their detriment. They've tried to give people what they want. But that's not going to happen any more. They're going to do things their way because statistically they have been the best in Europe. And on an absolute shoestring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Anyone else happier this evening after accepting relegation? It's the hope that kills you and this is the first result where I no longer have any so I can just watch as an interested observer at the car crash for the rest of the season and hope that we bin Jones and start preparing for next year ASAP. 

The problem is, after every game since he took over I say to myself "that's it, we're down". I then convince myself that there's a lot of closer away games to see in the Championship so it won't be too bad to be relegated. Then by the Wednesday, I start thinking if we go down this time, it might be a while until we return to the Premiership and by the Saturday the hope is back. And the hope will be back before the Wolves game next Saturday 🤞And you're right, it kills you.

• Like 3

Just now, coalman said:

I think the problem is that the board has listened to too many people to their detriment. They've tried to give people what they want. But that's not going to happen any more. They're going to do things their way because statistically they have been the best in Europe. And on an absolute shoestring.

But who has the board been listening to - rasmus brought in Jones after talking to him in the summer and also talking to him at brentford so that decision is on him and the board.

What jones has done since he has been here is on jones only.

21 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

interesting comment on a Luton forum:

I have said all season that something was up and he had begun to take the club for granted.

Since he left we have moved on but clearly he hasn’t.

Rather than use our name in every other line of interviews, focus on your own team and not trying to protect your precious ego.

Saints fans are shocked at what he has said today and I can’t see him lasting the week.

I watched Luton’s cup game the other day and they were horrible, disjointed lower league hoofball, utter shite, and their fans feel that they’ve improved since Nat left! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

The problem is, after every game since he took over I say to myself "that's it, we're down". I then convince myself that there's a lot of closer away games to see in the Championship so it won't be too bad to be relegated. Then by the Wednesday, I start thinking if we go down this time, it might be a while until we return to the Premiership and by the Saturday the hope is back. And the hope will be back before the Wolves game next Saturday 🤞And you're right, it kills you.

Do you live close to flat caps and whippets? Just 3 London clubs and Reading nearby. Most are in the frozen wastelands above the Watford gap.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Don't tease, for this could finally mean good news is on the way.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!