Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

They were never going to announce it before meeting about it and then informing him. Later today there will be an announcement I'm sure of it.

Also depends if we want to have someone lined up to come in asap to replace him too. Personally I’d just get him out asap and let Selles run it until someone is in but you’d hope today is spent confirming a replacement and sorting out getting rid of Jones.

Just now, EBS1980 said:

Also depends if we want to have someone lined up to come in asap to replace him too. Personally I’d just get him out asap and let Selles run it until someone is in but you’d hope today is spent confirming a replacement and sorting out getting rid of Jones.

At this juncture I would part company with Jones as the first priority. You cannot have that degree of incoherent blame flinging going around the club.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, coalman said:

I think Bielsa would indicate that the board has conceded that we're going to be relegated. I don't see them doing that any time soon. Which also, sadly, probably protects Jones for a another couple of weeks.

To be honest i think Biesla would be perfect for us, would be ok with relegation assuming he's incharge in the championship, in fact my only concern is that he'd die whilst we were in there and we'd be fucked.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 1

So Semmens and SR now have a problem, completely of their own making, about where to go from here. They can't be so stupid to think that Nathan Jones is anything other than a failed experiment.  So from thier point if view how best to proceed? 

If they sack Jones now there is still a slim chance of avoiding the drop if they get the right man in. But they could get a decent manager in and we still go down, and then the new manager loses respect of fans players etc. 

If they stick with Jones, accept we're going down, do proper search this time and get a good manager in for next season in the Championship, with new manager bounce and storm back to the premiership. Or do they stick with Jones telling themselves he's a proven performer in the Championship and with a little media training he'll be fine?

The bigger problem is whatever glue they were sniffing when they decided NJ was a good idea is probably still under their nose. !

7 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

I think one of the reasons I stuck with Jones was I hoped he’d muddle on through and I really don’t trust this crowd to appoint the person we need, they are far too clever for that.

1 minute ago, Morse said:

So Semmens and SR now have a problem, completely of their own making, about where to go from here. They can't be so stupid to think that Nathan Jones is anything other than a failed experiment.  So from thier point if view how best to proceed? 

If they sack Jones now there is still a slim chance of avoiding the drop if they get the right man in. But they could get a decent manager in and we still go down, and then the new manager loses respect of fans players etc. 

If they stick with Jones, accept we're going down, do proper search this time and get a good manager in for next season in the Championship, with new manager bounce and storm back to the premiership. Or do they stick with Jones telling themselves he's a proven performer in the Championship and with a little media training he'll be fine?

The bigger problem is whatever glue they were sniffing when they decided NJ was a good idea is probably still under their nose. !

If you stick with Jones - you're also saying that it's ok for him to throw everyone around him under the bus whenever something doesn't go right. That's going to creating a lasting toxic culture that cripples the next manager through the door.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coalman said:

Perfect for us. I don't see Ankersen being happy with it though because Bielsa isn't going to take any direction on team tactics and formations.

I haven’t listened to the interviews, but I do get the feeling he is having his strings pulled and that is what he is alluding to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

I haven’t listened to the interviews, but I do get the feeling he is having his strings pulled and that is what he is alluding to.

The BBC MOTD interview leaned more towards him "pandering to the players" than other interference

• Like 1

A week ago I said he was the wrong fit and from what I saw in the stands the bloke looked like he should be shuffling around outside a nightclub looking for a fight. 
And I got slated for it.

Every day that passes, every media interview, another match that goes by I feel like this scenario seems less foolish now. 🤣

As was said above, this is a seismic event now and it’s all crashed down. I get the impression SR want to cling on because of the finances involved but they know full well they can’t.

The other problem SR will have is if they sack him now, what happens to the players they’ve invested large amounts of money on? 
As in, you know when a new manager comes in and he immediately freezes out players A, B and C, despite the club spending £20m on all of them.

SR need to accept they’re taking another hot financially one way or another. 
By sacking the manager at long last and getting a better appointment, and bringing someone else in.
Or by being relegated and taking the hit for many years and the worlds “sixth best league”. *Note: RA words.

I’m just waiting for the corner flag picture to pop up.

• Like 1

I suggest he comes out and says who is “pulling the strings” or who he is “pandering to”.

If it’s SR then that’s wrong on all levels and little managers will touch us with a barge pole in future.

If it’s the players, it’s weak management.

If it’s his coaching staff, it’s weak management.

But as things stand he plays the blame game in interviews. Which also proves he is weak. His ego is on another planet.

• Like 3

Anyone who starts Elyonoussi & Diallo in the same team has to go! both poor excuses for players! Anyone who thinks Walcott is still a football player has to go too! He should never have been appointed in the first place it was beyond crazy he had no credentials to manage in the premier league whatsoever and hasn't improved us one bit in fact he's made us a lot worse, it's not his fault as anyone in his position would have jumped at the chance! He has to go and so does the genius that appointed him! We are definitely heading for the championship but let's at least go down without this arrogant self congratulatory jumped up little shit as our manager 🙏

• Like 2

Summary if needed. of Jones' interview...

Moments changed the game and it has been happening all season

I have compromised too much, we apparently can't play a 3.  I want to be an aggressive front footed side

I have compromised on my principles

I have listened to people and it has been to my detriment

I was statistically one of the best in Europe for being aggressive on the pitch and getting the balls in the box

we have not had the type of players needed

we are not further ahead when I arrived, and that is my fault as I compromised too much

the 5 weeks during the world cup was difficult as not all were there

Defensively we have been better, but today that team was my fault, I never saw myself in the team, which was sad

They defended properly, we do not and that has been going on too long

I need to improve and to do that i need to go back to being me and I cannot compromise like I have been

we need to win, we need points, we are not a team I associate with

I compromised because I chose to and because I had to.  

I have to produce a team that is far more competitive that what we are seeing and I will.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Just listened to the Blackmore interview with Mad-Nate.

Christ on a bike: the guys clueless. His comments are just absurd.

Was this after yesterday's game? Do you have a link please? 

4 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

I’ve been advocating we give him time and hated the hounding of him but the interview is… well, damning. ☹️

It's as intriguing as it is damning. Who is influencing his compromises? If it's player power, that suggests weak as piss management. If it's other coaches, it suggests he listens but doesn't trust his judgement. If, however, it's neither player nor coaches, it suggests influence from non football people. 

I'd like to know what the fuck is going on to be honest. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

You don’t come back from that. SR have no option but to pull the plug. 

Unless SR people are influencing the compromise. If it's them, they're arguably the bigger problem. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

It's as intriguing as it is damning. Who is influencing his compromises? If it's player power, that suggests weak as piss management. If it's other coaches, it suggests he listens but doesn't trust his judgement. If, however, it's neither player nor coaches, it suggests influence from non football people. 

I'd like to know what the fuck is going on to be honest. 

Divine intervention perhaps?

11 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Does Rasmus pick the team and formation?  Serious question..

Did he do the same whilst Ralph was here? 

If so no wonder we are screwed 

I wander if that's what he was alluding to. Tactics and/or team selection being imposed on him. 

11 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

You don’t come back from that. SR have no option but to pull the plug. 

Depends who he is pointing the finger at. If those above are dictating team formation then they won’t be happy with his interview. If it’s the players then the board may look to support their manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EBS1980 said:

Didn’t we want Bruno Lage at some point?!

Yes, according to Jacob Tanswell (a fee months back) he was the manager Semmens refered to in the 5Live interview where he said we monitor managers and someone who was high on our list had come into the PL and done very well (at that point he was).

Issue with Lage is whilst Wolves were solid they were pathetic going forward, have still scored less than us this season.

58 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

They were never going to announce it before meeting about it and then informing him. Later today there will be an announcement I'm sure of it.

I'm not convinced they will wake up & smell the coffee this season 

• Like 1

Just now, Dusic said:

Yes, according to Jacob Tanswell (a fee months back) he was the manager Semmens refered to in the 5Live interview where he said we monitor managers and someone who was high on our list had come into the PL and done very well (at that point he was).

Issue with Lage is whilst Wolves were solid they were pathetic going forward, have still scored less than us this season.

I thought it was Vierra they were referring to. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Depends who he is pointing the finger at. If those above are dictating team formation then they won’t be happy with his interview. If it’s the players then the board may look to support their manager.

Yep. That Blackmore interview throws up more questions than answers for me. He's clearly been doing as he's been told, but he doesn't say by who. He's content to point the finger of blame at his players, but he doesn't point the finger at them on the compromise issue. That could be him showing some restraint (bot his style though) or that he feels he can't say any more.

I'm not convinced that Ralph had free reign over team selections, and I'm not convinced that Jones does either. 

• Like 4

Think he missed a key aspect of being an arrogant twat in football. There are plenty of them, but the whole thing has to be a "noone likes us we don't care" mentality, and the same arrogance on the pitch.

We're weak on the pitch, and the arrogant twat in charge of the team doesn't even acknowledge it as his team.

Even if you don't want to take the arrogant twat route, any successful team management involves all pulling in the same direction...

You can only read between the lines but we’ve seen Ralph and NJ try with 5atb, fail, bring it back, fail, revert etc.

also the baffling team selections. All of a sudden, Moi is a starter? Does he genuinely think he’s decent (he did say he liked him) or is this an insistence from elsewhere?

Damn, I really don’t know.  

• Like 1

Just now, stknowle said:

"There were times when I was was one of the most fluent....f.....managers in, in, in, in, in, in.....in terms of within the game as well"   Inane ramblings.

I'm not sure it was inane. He had something to sayI. His message is "i've had to make compromises and as a result we're shit. I've not been allowed to do what I want. I'm better than that shit you've been watching". 

The interpretation on here of that interview is very superficial. There's much more going on than that. 

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!