Saints 2-0 Man City - The Treble is STILL on!

Lighthouse

MotM  

131 members have voted

1. 1. MotM

• Bazunu
    • KWP
    • DCC
    • Lyanco
    • Salisu
    • Lavia
    • JWP
    • Diallo
    • Mara
    • Armstrong
    • Djenepo
    • Orsic
    • Moi
    • Adams
    • Perraud

12 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Did everyone else get the text from the club letting us know tickets are available? Never known that before, seems pretty desperate.

Photos in twitter suggest all the big names are in town so it’ll certainly be an arse whipping tonight, although I fully expect Pep to tell the team to back off once they get to 0-4.

Id fully expect to see the likes of Ortega, Lewis, Ake, Phillips, Palmer, Alvarez along with some bigger names depending who Pep is planning on playing at the weekend.

They'd all walk into our side though.

15 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Id fully expect to see the likes of Ortega, Lewis, Ake, Phillips, Palmer, Alvarez along with some bigger names depending who Pep is planning on playing at the weekend.

They'd all walk into our side though.

Lets have our man city youth v their man city youth

Just now, Viking Saint said:

Here's hoping the rain could be a bit of a leveller this evening....

Unfortunately they play it on the floor so doesn't really make a difference. Also may encourage Jones to go even more 'long ball' than normal. In fairness could work tonight.

21 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

Here's hoping the rain could be a bit of a leveller this evening....

I said that to the lad on way down to Leicester game a few years back…0-9 later I vowed never to consider rain a leveller again

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JRM said:

As bad as those were they still weren't as bad as the pain of Andy Richie scoring deep into stoppage time in the 1/4 final 1989/90 season,  should have won it that year 

How had was that, 2-1 in the 4th minute of injury time. Goal was right in front of me in the Milton. Lost the reply 2-0 on that plastic pitch, we were never going to win up there. That was the year of that great team. Forest beat Oldham in the final. 

Weather is interesting should act as a leveller at the very least. Best take my coat.

Expecting a loss, no problem with that, City are probably the best in the world right now.

Key for me is a decent performance that stops the crowd becoming toxic again. Rebuild a few bridges. The atmosphere has to be more supportive to the team.

I don't mean the crowd has to change (perhaps a bit more patient) but what we see on the pitch gives some hope.

Edited by macca155
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How had was that, 2-1 in the 4th minute of injury time. Goal was right in front of me in the Milton. Lost the reply 2-0 on that plastic pitch, we were never going to win up there. That was the year of that great team. Forest beat Oldham in the final. 

Went up for the replay and we were shite that night. 

46 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We had a spell of losing 1/4 finals back then, didn’t we. Luton, Oldham and Bolton spring to mind. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

We had a spell of losing 1/4 finals back then, didn’t we. Luton, Oldham and Bolton spring to mind. 

Stockport as well. In both the Luton and Stockport games we’d drawn away to get replay and lost at home. The Luton one was tough to take as we had a perfectly good goal disallowed on normal time and lost 2-1 in extra time. They might have gone on to win it that year too. 

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Stockport as well. In both the Luton and Stockport games we’d drawn away to get replay and lost at home. The Luton one was tough to take as we had a perfectly good goal disallowed on normal time and lost 2-1 in extra time. They might have gone on to win it that year too. 

Oldham’s Andy Richie springs to mind 

Edited by Chris cooper

5-3-2 then, but i fancy JWP, Lavia, and Diallo as a better midfield 3 than Jones has fielded so far. Interested to see how Armstrong and Mara get on. 

What does it say that i was dreading a worse line up? 🙈

The fact that city's weakened team can still comfortably feature players like foden, grealish, alvarez, laporte, walker, and cancelo.... with Haaland and KDB on the bench. Actually horrific.

Edited by Saint86

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-0 Man City - The Treble is STILL on!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic