Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

coalman

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

So fucking angry. 10 mins before they score I’m screaming to change it. Now I’m not football genius but it was so fucking obvious - I’m done with the little Welsh cunt.

Yep. Clear as day. Switch to back 4 and get another in midfield. It's not rocket surgery!

• Like 3

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Was over the moon when Aston Villa took him away. How anyone can think he is a good CB is nuts.

At least bednarek, improved his average goals conceded this season to 2.75. I apologise for predicted he'd maintain his 3 goals a game record.

why is ABK not playing? Is he still injured? 

2 minutes ago, RobJones1971 said:

Jones is so bad (no relative of mine!) my usual trick of betting against Saints and then losing didn’t even work!!

Let’s remember some of our best times we have had was in the Championship, so let’s take a little time and look to replace him with someone that will bring us success next year.

IMO, not everyone’s cup of tea but a shame we didn’t get Dyche. 

Dyche was so painfully obvious. It was the mature and sensible choice, just not very sexy. Problem is our board think they’re all so clever and above such a decision. Their arrogance, ignorance and now stubbornness has completely stitched us up. 

even when we do get rid of this weasel fool, who can have any confidence they’ll make a decent appointment. Complete jokers 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Saint Shady said:

When it came out he was returning from the loan I hoped it was just that villa didn’t want him anymore but really I knew what was coming. Instantly starts for us again 😫

It’s a fucking disgrace, especially after his disrespectful comments. What sort of message does that send out?

• Like 3

That’s the worst loss of the season and nearly as embarrassing as the 9-0s. 63 minutes against 10 men, 1-0 up, we had all the power. But, the Welsh bastard went reactive, rather than proactive and he only went reactive after they scored the equaliser. I’m glad I’m not a religious man because I’d think God hated the shit out of me if I was Jones. 

Wolves came out flying in the second half, they brought on our kryptonite in Adams Traore and it was clear to see that we needed some fresh legs on as their 10 men were dominating ours. But, the answer was not bringing on Lyanco to play a back three against 10 men at home. For all the talk of being on the front foot, bringing on Lyanco and playing a back three put us on the back foot AGAINST 10 MEN. And then there was only one winner. We were playing with two liabilities at the back in Lyanco and powderpuff Fanny B. And what do you know, powderpuff Fanny B added to his own goal record today, as all Saints fan knew he would as we’ve been watching his same old shite for years. He wasn’t some new, reformed leader who needs to come straight back into the team. 

The only positives were the first half, Sulemena looks a level above us and another positive will be when Jones gets sacked, which I don’t think he would have had we also embarrassingly drew. He can’t survive this and him and his Skate family can fuck off. The Jones experiment is done. 

• Like 3

Just now, WestMidSaint said:

Dyche was so painfully obvious. It was the mature and sensible choice, just not very sexy. Problem is our board think they’re all so clever and above such a decision. Their arrogance, ignorance and now stubbornness has completely stitched us up. 

even when we do get rid of this weasel fool, who can have any confidence they’ll make a decent appointment. Complete jokers 

Poor recruitment in critical areas, keeper, forward, manager, Jones will always get bulk of the criticism but the board deserve it more in some ways 

• Like 8

1 nil up against 10 men . A proper team would keep possession,  move the ball around. As someone else said , keep someone wide on both flanks and stretch the 10 men, especially when both their fullbacks were on a yellow card. 

The last 30 minutes were dreadful. Every substitution made us worse. 

Enjoyed the new boys though, those 3 and a decent manager would make us worth watching for the rest of the season would make us worth watching,  although it is too late to stay up .

• Like 7

I guess the irony is that that was a carbon copy of a typical latter-day Ralph's team's performance....

Play semi-decent in the first half... Go 1-0 up... Take foot off pedal in second half... Opposition get stronger... Substitutions delayed.... Opposition score (courtesy of a  Bednarek fuck up)... Substitutions then made, albeit too late, leading to more disjointedness.... Opposition get the inevitable winner towards the end. 

• Like 3

Just now, WestMidSaint said:

JB had no respect for our club with his comments on way to Villa so I’ve got no respect for him. Can’t wait for him to be gone and couldn’t care less what becomes of the prick 

Has there been updates on the two Croatian lads who seem to have been banished? 

1 minute ago, WestMidSaint said:

Yep. New car wanted. Nahhh, too easy to get that 2022 Toyota, too obvious. 

Wait...we would look really cool, woke and alternative if we go for a clapped out Citroën CV. Yes the doors are different colours and it smells like rotting leeks, probably needs a new engine and has a screwdriver instead of a gearstick but...how fucking genius we will look of it does the business! 

2 minutes ago, WestMidSaint said:

JB had no respect for our club with his comments on way to Villa so I’ve got no respect for him. Can’t wait for him to be gone and couldn’t care less what becomes of the prick 

That alone meant he couldn't come back. The others will have read his comments. To come back, without match finess and waltz back into the team is a killer blow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coalman said:

I think that they're giving Jones some time to compose himself before the interview or his P45. One of the two.

He just blamed the players. Unreal. His tactics!!! He set up to let a 10man team come back and score not one, but two goals... And then he blamed the players for poor defending and behind rattled. There is no way shape or form that a struggling team like wolves (that can barely score) should be bagging 2 goals away from home when chasing a game. The man is a massive fraud. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, saintant said:

Wolves were down to ten. We should have stuck a wide man on each flank to hug the touchline and kept pinging the ball either side while we flooded through the middle. They'd have had no answer and would have been knackered. Instead, we stuck to five at the back, left subs too late and tried to hang on to one nil against ten men. It's schoolboy stuff.

Honestly, at this point could you just take over?

• Like 2

On a human level I do feel a bit for Jones, but he surely has to go now. Missed most of the first half but that second half was absolutely shambolic against ten men, you could see it was coming. 

As for Bednarek, I never want to see him in a Saints shirt again. If there's one thing he's good at it's scoring own goals but even by his standards that was hilarious. No idea what Jones was thinking bringing him back, let alone starting him every week. Just sums the whole mess up.

God knows where we go from here, I'm just numb to it all now. Death by a thousand cuts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

Poor recruitment in critical areas, keeper, forward, manager, Jones will always get bulk of the criticism but the board deserve it more in some ways 

Not bringing in a keeper during January was a massive mistake. 

Forest bring in Keylor Navas on loan because Henderson might be out for a month and we do absolutely fuck all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why?

I don't get all this bullshit about his mental health, if HE doesn't think he is up to the job then he can easily walk.  He doesn't walk, so clearly he thinks he's 'the man'.  He gets what he deserves.

The bloke is unhinged and losing it more and more every time we hear him speak. It's not so much that I feel sorry for him, more I worry about what will happen to him and those around him if he's pushed beyond his limit. 

Just now, Turkish said:

It was inevitable. He just said on sky that when they went to 10 men it was the turning point 🤣🤣

To be fair, it was. At least he’s honest, we went to pieces after Lemina went off. I’m not sure as a manager you should be using that as your justification though.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic