Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

coalman

Just now, saintant said:

Bmuff winning 🙂

Long way to go, but imagine they win and our player, Jack Stephens, helps them go 5 points clear of us at the bottom of the league.

What a mess this season has been on so many different fronts. Reminds me of the Fitz Hall to Palace charade.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why?

I don't get all this bullshit about his mental health, if HE doesn't think he is up to the job then he can easily walk.  He doesn't walk, so clearly he thinks he's 'the man'.  He gets what he deserves.

Because he's a human being who has been subjected to horrendous abuse virtually from day one. It's bullying plain and simple. Why doesn't he walk? Would you when the alternative is a payoff somewhere in the hundreds of thousands of pounds? I wouldn't...I'd just wait for the call from Rasmus. 

• Haha 3

Before the game, I thought I'd be ok with losing if it meant Jones would be sacked.

Then we played quite well for 45 minutes and suddenly I believed we'd win, and this could be the platform to stay up.

Then we lose in the worst and most pathetic way imaginable, and he's still no closer to going. An unflushable turd.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That second half was shocking…. I’m sure that when you play against ten men you really push out wide and create the space, we didn’t do it. The players didn’t really have a clue in that second 45 mins. Why the feck was jwp not shooting at free kicks either. Caleta-car has obviously told jones he’s a cu£t, hence being second fiddle to bednarek and lyanco.  Was happy with the new players but bree is bang average.  The executive box got it at the end of the game, lots of head shaking, they must act tonight, new start tomorrow is needed with a total reset. We’re going down but the club and the fans need to stability. 

SR are really making a hash out of this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jabei said:

Because he's a human being who has been subjected to horrendous abuse virtually from day one. It's bullying plain and simple. Why doesn't he walk? Would you when the alternative is a payoff somewhere in the hundreds of thousands of pounds? I wouldn't...I'd just wait for the call from Rasmus. 

It’s bullying? Fuck off

• Haha 7

Just now, Saint NL said:

Before the game, I thought I'd be ok with losing if it meant Jones would be sacked.

Then we played quite well for 45 minutes and suddenly I believed we'd win, and this could be the platform to stay up.

Then we lose in the worst and most pathetic way imaginable, and he's still no closer to going. An unflushable turd.

He'll go, don't worry. The news won't come out that quickly though, either later this evening or Monday morning.

Rasmus is going to have to raid Dragans piggy bank again for his payoff. I don't think Rasmus is going to be in Dragans good books right now, talk about setting fire to your money and throwing it into thin air!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jabei said:

Is it horrendous bullying if the stupid smug cunt deserves it?

• Like 2

Then you would be accepting the 'plain and simple bullying' and would only have yourself to blame.

4 minutes ago, jabei said:

What horrendous abuse? It was clear he was out of his depth but most people did give him a chance while expressing he wasn't their first choice.

You shouldn't put people with mental health problems into high pressure situations.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jabei said:

Get a grip. This isn’t the playground, it’s Premier League management and he’s getting £100k a week to be fucking useless. He’s also a massive cunt. 

• Like 12

Because he's not very good football manager?  Yeah..I'd say so. He's not Jimmy Saville.

I don't care. This is peoples lives, this is peoples livelihoods and he's done nothing but stick two fingers up to everyone since he arrived.

The bloke is an odious cunt and whatever happens he will have earned more money than you and I will ever.

Doesn't sound so horrendous to me.

Edited by SambaMaverick
  • Like 5

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I bet Wolves couldn't believe their luck when they conceded not one, but two free-kicks on the edge of their box and both times JWP didn't shoot!

Yeah that just wound me up. Whoever instructed JWP to change that up needs shooting.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I bet Wolves couldn't believe their luck when they conceded not one, but two free-kicks on the edge of their box and both times JWP didn't shoot!

For me, this was a little strange.

But then I do like a conspiracy theory.

I'm convinced that there is somebody within this club on a mission to get us relegated!

How can we continue over such a long period of time to go backwards - just doesn't make sense! 

For the last year & a half (maybe longer) we have been nothing but absolute dire & only getting worse.  The powers to be are clearly oblivious & have not got a clue how to address.  Somebody has got to answer for this - it's been so blatantly bloody obvious!

There are so many players in our squad in that time & still getting in the 1st team who should never be near a Premier League side. 

I don't want to accept it - but unfortunately have now given into the fact that we are not escaping this.  Our squad is by far the weakest in this league & I don't think any manager could now come in and save us, really hope I'm wrong!

10 men pretty much matched us today

Had more fight & spirit & that's the most annoying part for me  

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It wasn't just the free-kicks. JWP was playing short corners from the left side to Perraud for out-swinging, sub-par crosses. All of this combined wreaked of overthinking simple plays. That has to come from above.

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Utter madness.

The amount he backs himself in those situations as well, I just cannot see that being a decision on his behalf. But I’m probably just looking for any extra reason to criticise this prick

When scoring that og Janny B looked like the lanky skinny kid at school who was always last pick and stuck in defence out of the way then avoided the ball for the whole match until it suddenly came near him and he just had no clue how to react. It was really that bad.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah that just wound me up. Whoever instructed JWP to change that up needs shooting.

it was his decision. The first one he was pretty close and getting the ball up and over the ball can be tricky.

The second was also quite close too. My guess is JWP has come to the conclusion that if its too close they need to be a little more innovative - such as creating a new angle. Would have been a work of genius if we had scored the second one, like Holland in the WC. 

Not sure this is a rid to beat Jones with,

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

it was his decision. The first one he was pretty close and getting the ball up and over the ball can be tricky.

The second was also quite close too. My guess is JWP has come to the conclusion that if its too close they need to be a little more innovative - such as creating a new angle. Would have been a work of genius if we had scored the second one, like Holland in the WC. 

Not sure this is a rid to beat Jones with,

He's scored from that range before (Brighton away and Villa away) and it was extra time. No excuse. I don't think he was told to do it. This one is on James.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, saintant said:

When scoring that og Janny B looked like the lanky skinny kid at school who was always last pick and stuck in defence out of the way then avoided the ball for the whole match until it suddenly came near him and he just had no clue how to react. It was really that bad.

we always seem to have CBs that can't sort their feet out. DCC seems to be one of the first for a while that doesn't have that issue. He ain't perfect, he's pretty sow for starters, but when it comes to the basics like clearing crossed balls, he seems to be far better than bednarek 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

we always seem to have CBs that can't sort their feet out. DCC seems to be one of the first for a while that doesn't have that issue. He ain't perfect, he's pretty sow for starters, but when it comes to the basics like clearing crossed balls, he seems to be far better than bednarek 

DCC clearly has a massive problem with his feet, which is why he isn't playing - no front foot.

3 minutes ago, coalman said:

Them going down to 10 men is 'a hiding to nothing'. Says it all really. For someone who repeatedly uses the word aggressive, aggressive teams would have loved taking advantage of that.

Also he admits we lost it at 60 minutes. Why does it take 12 minutes to make a sub?

• Like 1

As much as Jones has been a disastrous appointment, I absolutely despise most of our squad. 

Leaving the newbies and JWP aside, they are pathetically weak both mentally and physically. Literally no resilience or courage to be seen. Once Wolves went down to 10 you just knew that they would somehow wilt under the expectations and pressure.

Bednarek (why was he ever brought back), AMN (waste of a loan who you can tell doesnt give a fuck), Salisu (shadow of the player he was and is clearly on the way in the summer), Adams, AA, Lyanco, Diallo, Mo and Bazunu can all piss off in the summer. Gutless

• Like 6

I've just worked out that we've lost 23 of our last 34 league games.

Only 5 wins out of 34., which includes 2 solitary home wins

Let that sink in for a second. This is a rot that needs a root and branch reset in the summer.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Them going down to 10 men is 'a hiding to nothing'. Says it all really. For someone who repeatedly uses the word aggressive, aggressive teams would have loved taking advantage of that.

Also he admits we lost it at 60 minutes. Why does it take 12 minutes to make a sub?

Ridiculous to hide behind them going down to ten men because he didn't have the tactical nous to deal with it. One nil up and then an opponent sent off he should have seen that as a game he couldn't possibly screw up but he contrived to do it.

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

How is it a "hiding to nothing"? Utter fraud!

It's an opportunity to smash a team and get 3pts and a bit of confidence flowing. 

Defeatist prick, no wonder we can't win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

when questioned about whether he sensed they were on top, he tries to get out of it by saying:

"yeah we changed...were changing it..." 

but the reality is they were about to bring on a sub when they scored, but they didn't make a change before they scored to stop them scoring. He was too late.

Nothing to do with today, but the time it takes for players to be ready to come on the pitch is ridiculous.  The games changes so quickly, players should be strapped up, wearing shirts and ready to go in an instant. Annoys the fuck out of me that.

1 minute ago, woodsaint1 said:

As much as Jones has been a disastrous appointment, I absolutely despise most of our squad. 

Leaving the newbies and JWP aside, they are pathetically weak both mentally and physically. Literally no resilience or courage to be seen. Once Wolves went down to 10 you just knew that they would somehow wilt under the expectations and pressure.

Bednarek (why was he ever brought back), AMN (waste of a loan who you can tell doesnt give a fuck), Salisu (shadow of the player he was and is clearly on the way in the summer), Adams, AA, Lyanco, Diallo, Mo and Bazunu can all piss off in the summer. Gutless

Jones should have switched our tactics. At one nil up against ten men we don't need five at the back we need two quick wingers hugging the touchline and our midfield flooding forward to support our attacks with numbers. Wolves would have tired and been too busy firefighting to get into our box much. It's on the manager.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

Ridiculous to hide behind them going down to ten men because he didn't have the tactical nous to deal with it. One nil up and then an opponent sent off he should have seen that as a game he couldn't possibly screw up but he contrived to do it.

Should have been game over, or at the very least been that Wolves would have to do something really special to get anything. 

Wolves were shit, but as we've seen all season, we have hidden levels of shitness that we can call on at any time. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic