Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

coalman

18 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Yes how many OGs did Powell get? Watch them everything is a lunge or panic tackle absolutely no ability or quality.

Bednarek couldn’t get 1 game in league in poor Villa side yet he is now our main defender but he is experienced

You're seriously suggesting Powell was a better player than Bednarek because Bednarek has scored some own goals? Bednarek is not very good, he shouldnt be selected ahead of ABK. but Powell is the shittiest football I have ever seen. 

8 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

'In terms of stuff' - what the fuck does that mean?!?

That's the worst bit for me. At least if he could justify his nonsense you could accept it as his opinion and that it's different from yours.

It's like when you were a kid and your mum told you to do something, you reply why and she'd say "because I said so". 

He says words with no thought behind it and still tries to pretend he's smarter than everyone else. Wanker.

• Like 4

The game management was absolutely pathetic, Salisu smashing the ball hopelessly into Sa’s arms when it’s 1-0, bloody keep the ball. 

Wolves wanted it more at 1-1, Sa was rushing to get it forward, our defenders and keeper took their time, pathetic all round. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chez said:

You're seriously suggesting Powell was a better player than Bednarek because Bednarek has scored some own goals? Bednarek is not very good, he shouldnt be selected ahead of ABK. but Powell is the shittiest football I have ever seen. 

Don’t be ridiculous he has absolutely no strengths….Bednarek is not very good wow

23 minutes ago, saintant said:

Danny Gabbidon reporting for Five Live at Bmuff match, 'Jack Stephens has marshalled this back four really well, he has been rock solid back there'

Is he as good as Janny B?

He’s miles better. Poor fukker had that useless sh1te next to him for best part of two seasons.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

You think Darrel Powell is better than Bednarek. wow.

Tell me what are Bednarek strengths? Powell at least  played in a team that kept a few clean sheets.

Powell was a freebie and couldn’t get a regular start and picked up a regular stream of injuries .

What does Bednarek do that justifies his selection?

• Like 1

At 3:30 I decided at a goal up against ten men the garage beckoned and off I went for a 20 mile virtual ride across Death Valley safe in the knowledge that even Saints couldn’t fuck this up. There was a nagging feeling as I got to the end, no notifications of a win on my iPad as per most of the season. Shit we’ve drawn against ten men and then I opened the match thread and things got worse.

1 minute ago, Galway saint said:

‘Going down to ten men was to to our detriment’ 

what next - taking the lead was the worst thing that could have happened 

Jesus……

It really is just an absolutely brainless comment isn't it.

You can somewhat understand it if we're chasing the game/trying to score a winner but we were literally already winning and he's saying that ffs. Played pretty well against 10 men too until he had 15 minutes with them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Tell me what are Bednarek strengths? Powell at least  played in a team that kept a few clean sheets.

Powell was a freebie and couldn’t get a regular start and picked up a regular stream of injuries .

What does Bednarek do that justifies his selection?

Nothing. As I said, I am not defending Bednarek. I have said he was shit pretty much since the first game I saw him. As I recall, I was one of the first to say he was glacial slow and wsn't god enough - and that was a long time before this board came to the same conclusion.

But hay, if you want to keep trying to make me out as the `Bednarek fan' just to gloss over you absolute shambles of an opinion that Darren Powell was the better player, thats fine. 

Edited by Chez

19 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

What was going on with the two JWP free kicks? Never seen him not have a shot from those positions. It was almost like he wanted us to lose to be shot of Nathan Jones...

Absolutely baffling, the later one especially, was in the perfect position for him. 

Just now, Chez said:

Nothing. As I said, I am not defending Bednarek. I have said he was shit pretty much since the first game I saw him. As I recall, I was one of the first to say he was glacial slow and wsn't god enough - and that was a long time before this board came to the same conclusion.

But hay, if you want to keep trying to make me out as the `Bednarek fan' just to gloss over you absolute shambles of an opinion that Darrel Powell was the better player, thats fine. 

Shambles of an opinion christ are you seriously that bothered by my thoughts on Powell? 
Wow your hatred of him is far greater than your embarrassing Perraud posts.

Back to Bednarek I still was baffled why we signed him only 5m I know but that u20s game against England showed nothing ability wise and ever since I still can’t see why we did.

14 minutes ago, lhammondo said:

Definitely not - he had at least 1 England cap and could kick a ball. Bednarek seems to have the turning circle of a small yacht

you may be thinking of Chis Powell of Charlton fame. Darren Powell, the CB we had in 2008, certainly didn't have any England caps (it makes me chuckle just thinking about him playing International games) and he was the guy with a 50p head and the a turning circle of the Seawise Giant. He'd fit right into this Jones side we have right now. Aggressive, front footed (more two left feet really) and fucking crap. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
4 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Shambles of an opinion christ are you seriously that bothered by my thoughts on Powell? 
Wow your hatred of him is far greater than your embarrassing Perraud posts.

Back to Bednarek I still was baffled why we signed him only 5m I know but that u20s game against England showed nothing ability wise and ever since I still can’t see why we did.

I watched that game. He got absolutely bullied by the England striker, think it was Tammy Abraham. In fairness it was a cheap gamble and he got thrown in because our other players were so shit but he’s consistently proven himself to be no where near good enough for this level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I played in a Quarter Final today so fortunately missed the game…. Am I seeing this right… he dropped DCC completely and played AMN at CB ?!

To be fair it was perhaps AMN’s best game in a Saints shirt. I know that’s the lowest of low benchmarks but he looked alright. Granted, Wolves did almost nothing to put him under pressure, but he was far from being the main problem today.

• Like 7

Just now, The Kraken said:

To be fair it was perhaps AMN’s best game in a Saints shirt. I know that’s the lowest of low benchmarks but he looked alright. Granted, Wolves did almost nothing to put him under pressure, but he was far from being the main problem today.

But...as soon as they did put us under pressure, our CB's looked all at sea.

He was alright when the game was being played in front of him, but I wouldn't trust him back there when he had to defend for 90 mins.

Just now, S-Clarke said:

But...as soon as they did put us under pressure, our CB's looked all at sea.

He was alright when the game was being played in front of him, but I wouldn't trust him back there when he had to defend for 90 mins.

Oh me neither. I wasn’t advocating he should play, just that he was one of our less shit players today. Against a better side he’d be run ragged, given time and space like he was today he was alright.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I agree, but what did you think was our main problem today? 

Can we not all get together and boycott the next home game against Leicester. I feel it’s the only tiny hope we have left as I feel disappointment will follow the worst game I have seen in supporting the mighty saints today. I have a horrible feeling he’s not gonna be sacked 🥵🙈

4 minutes ago, saintdaz said:

Can we not all get together and boycott the next home game against Leicester. I feel it’s the only tiny hope we have left as I feel disappointment will follow the worst game I have seen in supporting the mighty saints today. I have a horrible feeling he’s not gonna be sacked 🥵🙈

You've got much more chance of a boycott of the Grimsby game where fans don't already have a ticket